Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Gillesphey signs from Plymouth for an undisclosed fee

Comments

• Options
    redbuttle said:
    Where have all the moaners gone?
    Dear oh dear so we've signed 2 perms & all of a sudden everything is rosy ? Instead of calling fellow supporters out why not wait & see what happens. Ok we've signed Coventry who I know nothing about but if we flog Dobbo aren't we back in the same position ? We have another injured loan from Man City & the guy from the bottom three wendies who can't get in their first team & a CB from Plymouth who allegedly failed his first fitness test.
    Maybe the moaners are waiting to see how things turn out.
    what exactly do you want us to do in the transfer window then? I don't think Messi was available... but even then he would be too old and not tall enough right?

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    And he doesn't appear to have a history of making silly errors. Fantastic news.

While our midfield has been weak and ball retention up front poor, the fact we have had to go out and sign a new first choice centre-back is also very telling. 

I think this could prove to be a very good upgrade. And I'm excited to see how much stronger Jones is going to look when he's defending on his natural side
    Leuth bait
    Tbf on current form I’d play Hec alongside Gillesphrey. 
  • Options
    Sounds a bit Llera like (was that his name )
  • Options
    Nodded off at about 7pm and missed the signing.

After a deep read into Plymouth forums, social media and being sad enough to watch Plymouth highlight videos, I'm actually quite excited for this signing.

The positivity around him is overwhelming and the only negatives I can find are that he looked a bit out of place at championship level (not our problem) and he's a bit slow so suited to a back 3 where he gets more time. He is giving me Jason Pearce vibes a little bit, moving down a level from a championship winning squad as he was out of place in the championship, experienced player, left footer. The main difference is Gillesphey seems comfortable on the ball and Pearcey was a ball winner.

His passing is really good, they even appeared to have stuck him on corners. 
    That’s all very well, but can he take a long throw?
  • Options
    Or Sarr.

Hopefully concentrates better than both of them.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Or Sarr.

Will Leuth cheat on Hector with Gillesphey or will a bit of polygamy come in to play 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    Or Sarr.

Will Leuth cheat on Hector with Gillesphey or will a bit of polygamy come in to play 
    The more I think about it the more I feel like we need to play three at the back for my own sanity's sake 
    Hector - Gillesphey - Sarr?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    Or Sarr.

The more I think about it the more I feel like we need to play three at the back for my own sanity's sake 
    Hector - Gillesphey - Sarr?
    Don't be silly. Needs to be players currently at the club. 

Gillesphey - Hector - Dobson. But only if the latter promises to do the Cruyff turn thing he does at least three times per game 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Funny seeing a CB on corner duties. Get May back on throw-ins and away we go!
  • Options
    Did Macaulay turn up alone?🤭
    No he brought his friend along Hugh.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    Or Sarr.

Our full backs are pathetic so anything that gets them out the way 
  • Options
    Did Macaulay turn up alone?🤭
    No he brought his friend along Hugh.
    Aplastic from the past there mate.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    cabbles said:
    Welcome Gillesphreycalifragilisticexpialidocious as some of us on here may end up calling you in the coming months as we spell your name wrong numerous times 
    I’m calling him Dizzy.
    By the time we get promoted he might be able to grow the hair out!
  • Options
    Will he come in today? The club may have registered in time after all…
  • Options
    edited January 13
    Will he come in today? The club may have registered in time after all…
    No, just watching 
  • Options
    can't recall him at all, but he was born in the same town, Ashington Northumberland, as the Charlton brothers, there is a pleasing synchronicity about this, perhaps he was destined to be an Addick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 13
    redbuttle said:
    Where have all the moaners gone?
    Dear oh dear so we've signed 2 perms & all of a sudden everything is rosy ? Instead of calling fellow supporters out why not wait & see what happens. Ok we've signed Coventry who I know nothing about but if we flog Dobbo aren't we back in the same position ? We have another injured loan from Man City & the guy from the bottom three wendies who can't get in their first team & a CB from Plymouth who allegedly failed his first fitness test.
    Maybe the moaners are waiting to see how things turn out.
    Ohhh I get it, so NOW we can do the wait and see thing? Because that’s what some of us were doing for the last two weeks before the signings but the moaners couldn’t wait to stick the boot in.

Now something positive has happened, it can’t be acknowledged, instead we have to wait to see how it turns out.

Anyone would be mistaken for thinking you’re waiting instead for the next opportunity to be upset…
    This bloke will be average. About Tyrrell Thomas level. Very much middle 8.
  • Options
    I’d like to moan about the non-moaners (is that a thing) moaning about the Moaners not moaning, then moaning about the reasons why the moaners are waiting to see before moaning and the non-moaners moaning that they were already waiting to see before we made any signings when the moaners were moaning about what might happen, which in itself gives the non-moaners a chance to moan about the moaners moaning then but not moaning now. 

But I don’t have the time, as we have just gone 0-1 down at home in Div 3 to the giants that are the mighty Posh.
  • Options
    edited January 15
    He looks a cross between Franny Jeffers and Carl Jenkinson when out on the training pitch
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    "I have a huge amount of respect for Michael Appleton.  I hadn't met him before this morning, but he asked me to say that"
    "I would just like to say that I also have a huge amount of respect for Curtis Fleming and Jason Pearce.  And I will have a huge amount of respect for either Nathan Jones and/or Neil Warnock, neither of whom I have met".
  • Options
    How injured is he?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    How injured is he?
    Took him off at HT as a precaution with a tight hamstring according to Fleming post match I/V no update as far as I’m aware.
  • Options
    Unless he is
    a, fit 
    b, a leader

Our defence is f***ked
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    And he doesn't appear to have a history of making silly errors. Fantastic news.

While our midfield has been weak and ball retention up front poor, the fact we have had to go out and sign a new first choice centre-back is also very telling. 

I think this could prove to be a very good upgrade. And I'm excited to see how much stronger Jones is going to look when he's defending on his natural side
    Leuth bait
    Tbf on current form I’d play Hec alongside Gillesphrey. 
    That aged well