Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rarmani Edmonds-Green signs from Huddersfield - 2 1/2 years

Comments

• Options
    Upgrade on Hector, maybe on T Watson too.

Squad really is being remodeled.
    know a lot about him do you ?
  • Options
    Seems ok for L1 which is where we are but he can't get into one of the worst teams in the Championship so Andy Scott is over egging his comments.
    Not disappointed but it isn't a signing to get the pulse racing.
    Good luck to him, can't be worse than some of what we signed before this window.
    Sure a large proportion of posters on here think rate Louie Watson and believe he should have played a lot more than he has.

Lots of reasons players might not make it into their previous team. 
  • Options
    edited January 19
    we will see how he goes .. he's 25 and played just 112 league games .. listed as a 'defender' but at just under 6 feet tall that indicates to me he is a full back. A rather strange signing i m o .. BUT the powers that be rate him so, as said, we will see .. welcome Rarmani and all the very best in your time at the Valley
    When he’s played CB I expect at least some of those games were in a back three where you don’t need all three to be towering traditional CBs. Very different level but England have used Kyle Walker in that way, and we occasionally did it with players like Solly under Bowyer.

It can add pace to your defence so the team can push higher up, and also the player is comfortable in the wider positions when the wing back moves up the pitch.
  • Options
    Got to be some song value on his Christian name hasn't there?
    Rarmani suits him
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    we will see how he goes .. he's 25 and played just 112 league games .. listed as a 'defender' but at just under 6 feet tall that indicates to me he is a full back. A rather strange signing i m o .. BUT the powers that be rate him so, as said, we will see .. welcome Rarmani and all the very best in your time at the Valley
    When he’s played CB I expect at least some of those games were in a back three where you don’t need all three to be towering traditional CBs. Very different level but England have used Kyle Walker in that way, and we occasionally did it with players like Solly under Bowyer.

It can add pace to your defence so the team can push higher up, and also the player is comfortable in the wider positions when the wing back moves up the pitch.
    true, but as I have typed here many times, I just do not like us to play a back 3 especially as you assume our full backs in a 3 4 3 or whatever will act as the much vaunted 'wing backs' .. none of our full backs i m o are good enough to do that and so far no defender or midfielder we have is good or aware enough to cover when the 'wing back' is stuck upfield .. maybe 'Reg' will be the exception .. all a matter of opinion of course and as ever we will see
  • Options
    all this stuff is all very well but what is his squad number please???????????????????

I know his REG Number...
  • Options
    Scoham said:

true, but as I have typed here many times, I just do not like us to play a back 3 especially as you assume our full backs in a 3 4 3 or whatever will act as the much vaunted 'wing backs' .. none of our full backs i m o are good enough to do that and so far no defender or midfielder we have is good or aware enough to cover when the 'wing back' is stuck upfield .. maybe 'Reg' will be the exception .. all a matter of opinion of course and as ever we will see
    I agree that our current wing backs haven’t looked good enough but we can still build towards the formation longer term. I wouldn’t rule out a WB signing and as you say Reg could be an option too.

We might see a different side to Edun with CBT gone as he’ll be able to attack more. With CBT there he didn’t need to get forward, doing so could take space away for CBT to run into.

I’m hoping Asiimwe starts tomorrow as Watson hasn’t done enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    all this stuff is all very well but what is his squad number please???????????????????

I know his REG Number...
    he's from Peckham, SE15, so give him shirt 15, if it's still vacant .. oh I see that's Henry's number  :/
  • Options
    Asiimwe definitely has potential as a wing back. I'll be in a minority, but I think Edun has more to offer yet and is one who will look better with better players around him, which I very much hope we have now.

Watson I agree, not good enough but he'll suffice between now and the end of the season. We just have to be good enough not to get relegated. As Scoham says, the rest is just about starting to instill the system into the team, even if some of the team hopefully won't be first choice starters next season.
  • Options
    Hmmm dunno about this one. Huddersfield fans don’t rate him 
    Maybe, maybe not. Ask Sunderland fans about Dobson or Leicester fans about Kermorgant. Remind me what Charlton fans thought about Simon Francis. 
    Or Dipswich fans about Benty.
    To be fair they weren't wrong about Marcus were they?
  • Options
    Another good signing.
    But I wouldn't mind having the geezer Millwall have just got on loan from Sputs.

saw him playing for Spurs on TV a couple of times and he looked to be a real no nonsense defender with a big future .. you never know what goes on behind the scenes but I'll wager Millwall have got themselves a very decent 'temp'
    Plagued by injuries I think. Will be a very decent player for them if he stays fit 
  • Options
    Reg was at Kinetic academy from 14-16 until he went to Nike academy for a year before Joining Huddersfield at 17.
    Rarmani was 25 last Sunday and only played 51 games for Huddersfield in those nearly 8 years. His best spell was probably at Rotherham where he was on loan and player the 28 games in their promotion season. I assume the Video of 
    The word from the Kinetic academy with the coaches who knew him was yes he is very versatile and the move back to South London could just kick start his career  again after his stop start career of the last few years. Reg never settled in Huddersfield off the pitch and this could see the best of him and prove Warnock right when he said he rates the lad.

The competition for defensive places have gone up a notch with Edmonds-Green and Gillesphey.
    Based on Wikipedia it looks like he’d have been at Nike Academy the same time as Anfernee Dijksteel?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems ok for L1 which is where we are but he can't get into one of the worst teams in the Championship so Andy Scott is over egging his comments.
    Not disappointed but it isn't a signing to get the pulse racing.
    Good luck to him, can't be worse than some of what we signed before this window.
    That’s the spirit.

Sorry. 
    Absolutely delighted with this signing. Never heard of the chap but I am sure he will be amazing and it's a sure sign the owners are dipping their hands in their pocket to rise us through the leagues. Buzzing.
  • Options
    We're definitely building something here, no idea what but we could go all the way in the bristol motors trophy next season , something truly to look forward to . 

my made up Huddersfield mate says he's not all that and wont be misses and that he struggled a bit with them ... comment dismissed
    my other made up Huddersfield mate says he's a decent solid player and that he's surprised he didn't get more game time but definitely showed some good glimpses and potential when he played ...yeah i like that one , great signing 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Reg was at Kinetic academy from 14-16 until he went to Nike academy for a year before Joining Huddersfield at 17.
    Rarmani was 25 last Sunday and only played 51 games for Huddersfield in those nearly 8 years. His best spell was probably at Rotherham where he was on loan and player the 28 games in their promotion season. I assume the Video of 
    The word from the Kinetic academy with the coaches who knew him was yes he is very versatile and the move back to South London could just kick start his career  again after his stop start career of the last few years. Reg never settled in Huddersfield off the pitch and this could see the best of him and prove Warnock right when he said he rates the lad.

The competition for defensive places have gone up a notch with Edmonds-Green and Gillesphey.
    Based on Wikipedia it looks like he’d have been at Nike Academy the same time as Anfernee Dijksteel?

Yes, I believe your right in 2015 before REG joined Huddersfield and Dijksteel joined Charlton in 2016. Anfernee was two years above Rarmani but they would've known each other and no doubt have trained together at St George's Park in Burton.
    Nike academy closed down in 2017.
  • Options
    edited January 19
    Have a read of some of these comments from Rotherham fans. A key piece playing in a back three in their promotion season.
    The key in what you say is the fact he played as part of a back three...

Good to be getting in players who are already familiar with the formation we want to potentially setup with
  • Options
    edited January 19
    potentially a terrific 'window' for us at last .. 

Bakinson, Forini, Ladapo .. all have the ability to be very good, pity they are just loans though

Gillesphey and 'Reg' .. perms with (I REALLY hope) lots of potential 

EDIT .. just been reminded by @southamptonaddick that I had forgotten Conor Coventry .. amends now made lol
  • Options

Bakinson, Forini, Ladapo .. all have the ability to be very good, pity they are just loans though

You forgot Coventry on a perm as well.
  • Options
    How many starts has he had this season?
  • Options

You forgot Coventry on a perm as well.
    f f s .. I AM getting old(er) and doddery(er) lol .. thanks for the memory jog
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    barstool said:
    Love a local lad, hopefully he represents South London and makes a sol id start 
    From Peckham ..... he's bound to be a Spanner  :o 

More likely a Gooner growing up but his one of us now