Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rarmani Edmonds-Green signs from Huddersfield - 2 1/2 years

Comments

• Options
    Definitely warming to REG. Hope last night's withdrawal was just a precaution.
  • Options
    If we're persisting with the back 3 then he suits that right sided centre back role really well with Gillesphey on the left.

It's that main central role that we really need a strong commanding centre back, a proper leader. A Matt Taylor/ Jason Pearce in his prime type. 

• Options
    What a signing he's been, someone who should be a mainstay in our defence next season. If we continue to bring in players of his and Maccas profile, I'll be happy personally 
    Agreed. And depending how we set up next Season he could well end up being in the incredibly valuable Bielik role of playing in the back 3 but also able to step out into the base of the diamond role and so enable us to change things up mid-game without making a sub.  
  • Options
    If we're persisting with the back 3 then he suits that right sided centre back role really well with Gillesphey on the left.

It's that main central role that we really need a strong commanding centre back, a proper leader. A Matt Taylor/ Jason Pearce in his prime type. 

Jones has been excellent there, I think it suits Hector well too. Thomas has played there the last couple games and apparently that is where Gillesphey played mostly at Plymouth (though hes looked excellent on the left of the 3). I'm not sure a Pearce/Taylor type is what Jones wants. He like his CB's to be able to play a bit. 
  • Options
    Like a lot of our January signings it was a bit of a slow start for him but he's looked very good since Jones has come in. He hasn't drawn so many plaudits because he just sort of gets on with it, but I would say he's been the best of the bunch in the back 3.
  • Options

Jones has been excellent there, I think it suits Hector well too. Thomas has played there the last couple games and apparently that is where Gillesphey played mostly at Plymouth (though hes looked excellent on the left of the 3). I'm not sure a Pearce/Taylor type is what Jones wants. He like his CB's to be able to play a bit. 
    He’s done well but would he get into the starting 11 for Pompey, Bolton and Derby etc. I don’t think he does, we need better imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He’s done well but would he get into the starting 11 for Pompey, Bolton and Derby etc. I don’t think he does, we need better imo.
    I’m with you, we definitely need another quality CB. Personally I’d go for one at LCB and have Gillesphey into the centre. I think his leadership qualities mean he should be in the middle although him at LCB with a new one in the middle isn’t the end of the world. Jones and Thomas provide decent cover though, and that set of 5 is top 6 material. 
  • Options
    Really noticed it when he came off.
    Any back line MUST have him and Gillesphey both in it. Then any one from Lloyd,Thomas or Hector. But the latter as a back three is a definite no no
  • Options

Disagree. Just looked through the backlines of those three clubs and Jones is on par with at least half of them.

He's not Santos but he's good enough, IMO. Bringing in someone who's better than Jones would make them our best centre back.
  • Options
    I’m still not a fan, I don’t think he is particularly good at anything. He couldn’t get a game at a struggling Championship team. I think Jones is a very good motivating manager and understands that it’s about creating a team which is better than the sum of the individuals. 
  • Options

Disagree. Just looked through the backlines of those three clubs and Jones is on par with at least half of them.

He's not Santos but he's good enough, IMO. Bringing in someone who's better than Jones would make them our best centre back.

Isn't the issue that none of our 3 are as good as Santos.
    So they could get into the teams like Bolton by dislodging their weaker players but not their strongest. 
    To compete with the best next season we need some of the best players in the division in our team. 
    For me that means another CB who is a step up from anything we have so far, whether on loan or perm.

Agreed, however with a pre season with NJ, i wouldnt be supired if one of Jones, REG or Mac could be the best in the league. Another top quality CB is a must when the time comes in the summer.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    If you ask Bolton fans they wouuld wonder why we hype up Santos so much.
    Whenever we play them he has a game like Beckenbauer but the Trotter's fans say he can have absolute shockers too.

He's like some kind of mythical beast when he comes to The Valley  :D

I've had that a lot from Bolton fans with both him and Aaron Morley to a lesser extent. They just seem to be absolutely outstanding against us every time. 
  • Options
    We sometimes let opposing players have a field day. Little pressure etc. Imagine if Santos was up against a prime/fully fit Aneke and May, he wouldn't get the chance to play like it was a computer game. 

This feels to be changing under NJ.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I disagree, Jones has been ok but also shaky on many occasions. I don’t see him as promotion material personally (he probably could be alongside 2 top centre halves in a 3 as the weakest one). 
  • Options

I disagree, Jones has been ok but also shaky on many occasions. I don’t see him as promotion material personally (he probably could be alongside 2 top centre halves in a 3 as the weakest one). 
    My only comment on Jones is he appears to need a leader next to him to guide him.  That gets the best out of him
  • Options
    Noticed from the Chuks article that Jones didnt say much more around REG than 'general fatigue' and that the players will be dusted down and ready for Carlisle.

Suggests to me that REG isn't anything serious - which I am pleased with as he has been a big part of our defence looking more solid IMO.
  • Options
    Santos might be good, but it's not as if Bolton's defensive record really stands out this season. They've conceded 40 goals, so 9 more than Pompey and 7 more than Derby for example.
  • Options
    Maybe Santos saved his good games when they played us.
  • Options
    Noticed from the Chuks article that Jones didnt say much more around REG than 'general fatigue' and that the players will be dusted down and ready for Carlisle.

Suggests to me that REG isn't anything serious - which I am pleased with as he has been a big part of our defence looking more solid IMO.
    Think REG hasnt played a massive amount this season before coming to us (Could be wrong?) but that would explain the fatigue issue. 
  • Options

Think REG hasnt played a massive amount this season before coming to us (Could be wrong?) but that would explain the fatigue issue. 
    Played 14-games in the Championship this season (599-minutes) prior to joining us, four of those games were from the start of the match.

He's played 10-games, nine starts since moving to us.
  • Options
    I think he has played really well….seems a calming influence at the back….thought Thomas looked shaky on Tuesday…shame he went off and hope he is ok for Saturday 
  • Options
    NJ said its nothing serious in interview just now..... sure he will be fine for Saturday.
  • Options
    Santos might be good, but it's not as if Bolton's defensive record really stands out this season. They've conceded 40 goals, so 9 more than Pompey and 7 more than Derby for example.
    Always feel like he's the type of player you'd love to sign then he'd end up being an absolute donkey for us. I realise this applies to about 98% of our business