Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Freddie Ladapo joins on loan from Ipswich

Comments

• Options
    If he really really wanted it, he'd have gone for that Watson cross properly rather than half-heartedly 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Without being too disrespectful/nasty, as he has had quite an impressive career at this level, but he's been absolutely diabolical for us. 

I feel like we have landed him just as he has made his way over the hill, and suspect we will see his career go on a downward trajectory now. Doesn't really seem to excel at anything for us.

Real shame as it's a player I've always admired in this league. Worst use of the loan window I think I've ever seen in general tbh this season.
    Just relieved it was a loan and in January rather than a summer signing. Let someone else gamble on getting him back to his best - Kanu has been better for us both in terms of goalscoring and his general play. He should continue to get better while Ladapo as you say looks like he’s declining.
    Exactly mate, I'd say we need to sign a heavy hitter in the quality of May and next season (assuming Leaburn stays) Kanu and Miles will be our bench options along with managing Chuks which is more than good enough. We just need to make sure that new striker is someone with a track record of playing many games and is versatile enough to play with the ball at his feet and if we decide to play it long.

Hate the bloke but prime Lyle Taylor as an example would be an immense partner for May. Need someone of that quality.
  • Options
    He often seems to be on the ball, but when closed down doesn't know what to do, and then when challenged sort of falls overish hoping for a free kick. Caught in possession and if the first touch doesn't work it's all over.
    Kanu today, was pressed a lot, but the way he battled to still make something happen ought to be a lesson to Lapado.
    I would say thanks but no thanks.
  • Options
    Been really disappointed with how the Freddie loan has turned out so far, something just doesn’t seem to be clicking.
  • Options
    Agree with Braziliance; Ladapo looked an ideal signing but I think we've all been shocked at how technically deficient he's been. He was beaten to practically every ball yesterday and looked to be playing his way back to non-league football. 
  • Options
    I was one who was very glad we signed him and preferred him to JCH - what a damp squib he's turned out to be.

Glad it's only a loan and we can move on at the end of the season
  • Options
    Seen a few people saying he looked a bit better yesterday, which is a pretty low benchmark. He can't beat a defender (not a single time that I remember), he scored one great goal and then petered out, and he is so easily bundled off the ball. I imagine NJ is cratching his head wondering how Ladapo has become this average, but no way would I want him even as a bench player. Imagine chasing a goal in the last ten minutes and having Ladapo as the attacking option!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps he is a good example of why Scott needs to be given a P45.

And there are many more. Mostly out on loan at other clubs. 

The charlton life scouting network assured us he was everything we required.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    If he really really wanted it, he'd have gone for that Watson cross properly rather than half-heartedly 
    And he also gave up on a ball going  out of play. He needs minutes for sharpness, maybe would have played more if the perm deal went through.
  • Options
    He's certainly not the same player that I watched looking hungry, alert and clinical in his show-reel!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    He often seems to be on the ball, but when closed down doesn't know what to do, and then when challenged sort of falls overish hoping for a free kick. Caught in possession and if the first touch doesn't work it's all over.
    Kanu today, was pressed a lot, but the way he battled to still make something happen ought to be a lesson to Lapado.
    I would say thanks but no thanks.
    looked to me like he'd decided precisely what to do - give the ball away as tamely and as swiftly as possible
  • Options
    We’re not playing him right .. very simple he likes to play of a striker not being the target man .. playing high ball to him is just waste of his talent 
    to a certain extent you are right in that he isn't the hold up type of striker we really need (raises the question why did we go for him then?) but the counter to that is that May and Kanu aren't that type of striker either - both would be better playing off a Chucks/Miles type but they make up for it with running and workrate, pressing and harrying. Yes a different system would get more from Freddy but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be adapting to the system we do play and the role we need him to fill for now.
  • Options
    He is well paid.
    He should not expect a system to revolve around his style.
    As said by me and others, the situation didn’t fit Kanu’s style yesterday, but he battled away and gave Stevenage something to keep an eye on, yet Lapado was never a threat.
  • Options
    He really didn't have the desired effect did he.

You'd think a front line of him Kanu and May would be ripping it up but you couldn't be more wrong.
    Accomodating him meant May was anonymous for much of the game.
    Concerned me a bit that Jones didn't see it earlier.
    I see it more as we haven’t got the players for jones to make the change. Jones has used may, Anderson and backinson as the attacking midfielder. It’s not a natural role for any of them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why, why, why is Jones continuing to play this man when he should've been sussed out two months ago. 
    Because aneke can’t run. What other option has he got?
  • Options
    He has set very average standards, which so far he has been unable to reach.
  • Options

Loans should be the iceing on an already well baked cake, not also rans in a failing side heading for the club's worst post-war finish.
    Been saying this for a number of years. Get the exceptional Prem youngster like Gallagher & JRS and a couple of slightly older ones in Cullen & Beliek, but ones coming back from injury or just not wanted by their parent club are just a waste of time & take up space. 

• Options

Loans should be the iceing on an already well baked cake, not also rans in a failing side heading for the club's worst post-war finish.
    Been saying this for a number of years. Get the exceptional Prem youngster like Gallagher & JRS and a couple of slightly older ones in Cullen & Beliek, but ones coming back from injury or just not wanted by their parent club are just a waste of time & take up space. 

And budget.
  • Options
    edited April 4
    Poor performancs and only 1 goal in 14 appearances.

• Options
    He still has another year on his contract with Ipswich. Would imagine he’ll be released if they go up. 
  • Options
    Why, why, why is Jones continuing to play this man when he should've been sussed out two months ago. 
    May up front and Bakinson in midfield? 
  • Options
    Camara
  • Options
    Camara
    I'd clean forgotten all about him