Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Freddie Ladapo joins on loan from Ipswich

Comments

• Options
    Looks like fitness to me, just seems a touch to slow. He looks busy enough so I really am hoping it is just a bit of time and it will happen. It's still not great and not what we need right now but then I guess if you're not first choice target there's a reason for that.
  • Options
    How many touches has he had in the oppositions area?

Ladapo isn't the problem
    This - is he supposed to bloody cross it for himself!
    When we have crossed it him he's scuffed it or blazed it over. 
  • Options
    How many touches has he had in the oppositions area?

Ladapo isn't the problem
    This - is he supposed to bloody cross it for himself!
    Yep, if he wanted to touch the ball on the half way line, he would have become a midfielder.

I think that starting with REG, Coventry and Bakinson was the main issue yesterday.

Thats the problem with a caretaker manager, don't loose and no attacking intent. Hopefully Jones picked up on that
  • Options
    Ladapo has between a 1 in 2.5-3 goal per game average for the last 7-8 years. I believe we will see goals but difficult for him to feed off 5 defensive players just behind him. Hoping Small, Ramsay and L Watson or Fiorini will add a bit more creativity vs Edun, T Watson and Bakinson. It really will help. Thinking on yesterday’s live up more, convinced our caretaker team set up for a 0-0. Would have got their wish other than for the pass mistake…
  • Options
    When we signed Ladapo I was disappointed it wasn't a permanent signing. 
    Now I'm pleased it's only a loan.
    I know he's not fully match fit but he needs to seriously up his game if we are to try and keep him next season. 
    To me, it looked like he was playing like someone who’d been out all night on a bender or was coming down with flu and your concentration and coordination is shot, he didn’t seem able to hold or control the ball or regularly pass to a teammate - somebody correct me if I’m wrong on that observation. There’s no way he should be starting first team games if match fitness is the problem. Letting him stay on the pitch was hard to understand from where I was sitting 
  • Options
    I know he's not fully match fit but he needs to seriously up his game if we are to try and keep him next season. 
    I agree that he needs to up his work rate but with that midfield behind him, he has no chance.

its like sending Joe root out to bat with a baseball bat and expecting him to get a 100
  • Options
    I agree that he needs to up his work rate but with that midfield behind him, he has no chance.

its like sending Joe root out to bat with a baseball bat and expecting him to get a 100
    Whoever is playing in midfield does not affect his ability to control the ball and as someone else has previously said, he has, so far, looked liked he couldn't control a bag of cement.
  • Options
    I’m hoping that once he has found the net then his confidence will return and start banging them in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Whoever is playing in midfield does not affect his ability to control the ball and as someone else has previously said, he has, so far, looked liked he couldn't control a bag of cement.
    True but on the other hand it would be considerably easier to get a nicely waited pass to your feet under control than be on the receiving end of a ball that is more about getting the ball away FROM somewhere rather than being a pass TO somewhere.

I fully agree he needs to improve his own levels but the defensive, backs to the wall set up isn't doing him any favours either - look at how goals have dried up for May to see that the midfield is a big part of the problem even if one of many.
  • Options
    hezzla said:
    I think it’s fair to ask: if a man with a 1 in 3 goal-scoring record for multiple different clubs over the last 7 years suddenly looks this poor - is he the problem? or are *we* the problem?

Given that we now have multiple players with strong records in this division currently playing like they’ve never seen a football before, I’m inclined to give Ladapo the benefit of the doubt. 
    What if it’s a man with a 1 in 3 goal-scoring record for multiple different clubs over the last 7 years thats loaned  to a struggling team in the division below ? Is it still ‘sudden’ ? 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I’m hoping that once he has found the net then his confidence will return and start banging them in.
    If he finds a net he'll probably trip into it get caught up and struggle to get out - not that he'd be arsed to exert himself

Maybe no bad thing - at least he wouldn't be available for selection
  • Options
    1.Adam Matthews
    2.Ben Amos
    3.Sean Clare
    4. The whole team except Alfie and Dobbo. Add new players who haven't been here long enough to read their team mates minds/intentions(Ladapo)

Lets try something new- lets try supporting our team .They do need help right now. 
  • Options
    Aneke will determine whether we stay up. Keep him in wool until we play the teams around us. 
  • Options
    Glad he got his goal at last. Hopefully that'll be him being more prolific. Did he seem to be giving it a little to fans in the east stand after scoring? Had he been getting a bit of dogs abuse from the tartan blanket brigade!? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems a lovely bloke. Think the celebration was just a sense of relief 
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    Glad he got his goal at last. Hopefully that'll be him being more prolific. Did he seem to be giving it a little to fans in the east stand after scoring? Had he been getting a bit of dogs abuse from the tartan blanket brigade!? 
    Hold on, I thought the upper west were the tartan blanket mob?
  • Options
    clive said:
    Respect that he admits he wasn't good enough at the weekend. No better way to redeem yourself then score a goal like that
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    ozaddick said:
    Hold on, I thought the upper west were the tartan blanket mob?
    I resemble that comment...
  • Options
    Interesting that he said it had been "confusing" here since his arrival and is that one of the reasons he hasn't hit the heights we were all hoping for?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    clive said:
    Respect that he admits he wasn't good enough at the weekend. No better way to redeem yourself then score a goal like that
    Exactly. That goal and performance will really improve his confidence going forward.
  • Options
    Really good interview and I am sure he will keep on improving and contributing more no doubting his ability