Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Blackpool vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 27th January 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    well at least we have signed AMB’s replacement already. 

Will take a point. 

Remains to be seen if we can up our game in front of a raucous Valley or will co time to melt towards league two  
    Who?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Listened to Terry's commentary, and enjoyed Peter Shirtliff's astute observations. 
    He's always been a good listen, shame he can't feature more. 
    I think he was shocked at how bad our defenders were
  • Options
    What has happened to Jones, he's one of our biggest problems.
  • Options
    we're being accused by some Tangerine fans of being 'dirty' .. possibly, but it's about time we put some proper aggression into our play, all too often we have been accused of being too 'soft' .. well perhaps the softies have now toughened up under new management
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    I like Curtis Flemings take on things, very honest. 
    Me too. He and Pearcey deserve credit for us finishing the stronger in the last 20 against a good side. When was the last time we were able to say that? On Charlton TV there was praise for Jones performance after his calamitous mistake and I saw two players picking him up and jeeing him up after he did it- and that wasn’t happening in the past either.

I’ll be “interested” to hear why McGilliphray had to come off, mind. Best case scenario he was carrying some kind of virus and couldn’t continue. Otherwise yet another question mark against our “performance” department. 

I see Corey started for Derby today (but was subbed on 64) so I guess he’ll be free to tear us to pieces next week. Epic fail by whoever did that deal with Derby. 
    He went off as his hamstring was tight.  Precautionary so he didn't injure himself and be out for 4 weeks as isual, with our players.
  • Options
    Well, TWatson/Assiimwe will be hoping CBT's hamstring is still tight next Saturday :)

• Options
    We were shit pretty much all game. Set up to be solid and not concede but could easily have been 3 nil down at half time. We finished the game decently enough I guess but we need a seriously good manager to come in and sort this unfathomable mess out somehow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Well, TWatson/Assiimwe will be hoping CBT's hamstring is still tight next Saturday :)

iirc, don't think it matters, he is on loan, and can't play against us...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

iirc, don't think it matters, he is on loan, and can't play against us...
    yes he can, some special agreement apparently
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

If it's Assimwe matched against CBT, Flemming doesn't know his players. Ohh for a Chris Solly to come into this defence. Need two on CBT to cope with his pace. 
  • Options
    Fleming genuinely seems impossible to not like. In an ideal world he’s the perfect fit
  • Options
    We are in a relegation battle. 
    Every point we get now is vital. 
    I’m not expecting us to get any points in Feb, but we will see. 
  • Options
    Fleming genuinely seems impossible to not like. In an ideal world he’s the perfect fit
    Surely we allow him the chance to earn the job. Difficult games coming up so it won't be easy but he is as well placed as anybody to turn things around in the short term at least.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We definitely would have lost that if Appleton was here.
    And, sometimes you make your luck. We’ve not had much of it so far this season so I’ll take it.
  • Options
    Ideally we get someone good in and Fleming carries on as assistant.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Ideally we get someone good in and Fleming carries on as assistant.
    Jason Euell and Fleming?
  • Options
    We were lucky today as last week we would have lost.
    I don’t think we will be relegated but it could be close 🤔👎👎
  • Options
    Surely we allow him the chance to earn the job. Difficult games coming up so it won't be easy but he is as well placed as anybody to turn things around in the short term at least.
    Why have none of his other clubs ever taken a punt on him? We are not in a position to do so at the moment. Maybe if we were mid table we could give him the rest of the season to stake his claim but we are not.
  • Options
    edited January 27
    Thought they was going to come out second half & smash a few past us but we dug in got what could be a very important point well done you Reds  B)