Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Blackpool vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 27th January 2024 | KO 15:00

123457»

Comments

• Options
    PWR

Just home from fab 9 days in the UK & seen the Jordan Rhodes miss 😳
    Whats happened to AMB? He seems to be going backwards.
    What does Henderson do?
  • Options
    edited January 30
    What seems to happen when a team loses form, it spreads through the players like a virus. We can have a debate about whether AMB is currently good enough, but he is better than he showed on Saturday and hasn't been our major problem until recently. 
  • Options
    I think once the defence is settled and playing well, AMB will improve with confidence 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I think once the defence is settled and playing well, AMB will improve with confidence 
    Unfortunately its getting to the point where it works both ways

There were incidents on Saturday where he was getting complaints from the defence, because he either wouldn't call or would do it too late - AMB needs to gain a bit of trust from his Centre-Backs, so they dont make rash decisions themselves.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Unfortunately its getting to the point where it works both ways

There were incidents on Saturday where he was getting complaints from the defence, because he either wouldn't call or would do it too late - AMB needs to gain a bit of trust from his Centre-Backs, so they dont make rash decisions themselves.
    REG has already bollocked him during the last two matches, and he deserved it.
  • Options
    Bakinson has told him off a couple of times too.
  • Options
    Gillesphey and Thomas had words as well during the Blackpool game
  • Options
    As long as it does not get toxic, I am all for players shouting at each other, we have been too nice a squad for multiple seasons. 

Morrison & Taylor used to do it all the time to each other back in the 101pts season. 
  • Options
    edited January 30
    Shocked people still rating Brewer. Absolutely useless and I've said it all season. 
  • Options
    edited January 30
    Dazzler21 said:
    Love the "Told him off" bit...did they give him detention and lines at the same time, he was a very naughty boy...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Love the "Told him off" bit...did they give him detention and lines at the same time, he was a very naughty boy...🙄
    Lines…..”I must not flap at the ball” x 100
  • Options
    Another bugbare is the quickly taken free kicks, when nothing is on and nobody is ready, that inevitably results in lost possession. 

It would be OK if we catch the opposition off guard, but invariably it's out own players caught off guard!

Also when we have a throw in and nobody is showing for it. Makes my blood boil when they just stand with their backs to, or walking away from the throw in taker. 
  • Options
    I remember in my playing days having a centre half in the team who would have a go at everybody and I did sometimes find that extra bit of energy to avoid him in my face. Outside of playing he was a great guy and I would say he got more out of us. This is less important at a professional level where everything you do is monitored but this sort of player can keep players on their toes.