Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kayne Ramsay signs from Harrogate - 3.5 year deal, undisclosed fee, subject to EFL approval

15678911»

Comments

• He is quality 
  • J BLOCK said:
    cafc4life said:
    Whoever scouted him deserves a lot of credit 
    I have a feeling Jones had a big hand in his signing. 
    Completely agree, any decent manager worth there salt would have gone into the interview with a shortlist of players in each position in mind they'd like to sign if that position was needed and if appointed manager.
  • Generally speaking , the opinions of supporters of previous clubs ( Kermit excluded only) are the best indicator of how good players are going to be and my mate is a Harrogate season ticket holder and when we signed Ramsey he said we’d just pinched their best player. 
    I am sure the Wrexham supporters will be enjoying Dobbo in the same way !!
    Yeh you’re right, with the exception of 

mcgrandles
    lavelle
    kirk 
    Jaiyesimi 
    Payne 
    Fraser
    edun
    terry Taylor 

Actually, hang on… this list is getting quite long… and I’m still only on the last year… 
  • edited September 15
    DubaiCAFC said:
    He doesn't offer much with the ball, and doesn't offer much going forwards, but I can't see many wingers beating him, and he's very solid.

I wonder if he'd be more suited occupying that right centre back role and having a more attack minded full back in his place instead. 

If/when Edwards Returns, we could swap Small over to the right and shift everyone left. 
    Not sure what games you been watching, he is very good at bringing the ball out and breaking the lines.. he missed one opportunity from what I saw where he could have crossed the ball.

he is best right back/wing back we have had in years!!
    He doesn't run past anyone, he doesn't really make overlapping runs, and he's yet to get an assist (he'd struggle anyway as our attack is useless) 

He's very good defensively, and he's probably our best player currently, but seeing as we don't have any creativity in the middle, and we certainly don't have it up top (excluding TCs short bursts) we need Kayne and Small to provide opportunities, which they aren't really doing. 

I'm being a bit reserved about him as I've seen it at Charlton too many times where players get plaudits and end up being extremely underwhelming. 

Last season Small was a championship level player, and people were worried about us losing him, this season he appears to be a bit of a scapegoat, when he's honestly not doing much wrong. 
    ‘He’s honestly not doing much wrong’ what games are you actually watching mate? Small hasn’t done anything right apart from that assist for docherty. Constantly pisses about with the ball thinking he’s some skilful player,  just to over hit the cross time after time, lost count of the amount of times has played the wrong pass or given it away.  He’s gone backwards massively. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    He doesn't offer much with the ball, and doesn't offer much going forwards, but I can't see many wingers beating him, and he's very solid.

I wonder if he'd be more suited occupying that right centre back role and having a more attack minded full back in his place instead. 

If/when Edwards Returns, we could swap Small over to the right and shift everyone left. 
    Not sure what games you been watching, he is very good at bringing the ball out and breaking the lines.. he missed one opportunity from what I saw where he could have crossed the ball.

he is best right back/wing back we have had in years!!
    He doesn't run past anyone, he doesn't really make overlapping runs, and he's yet to get an assist (he'd struggle anyway as our attack is useless) 

He's very good defensively, and he's probably our best player currently, but seeing as we don't have any creativity in the middle, and we certainly don't have it up top (excluding TCs short bursts) we need Kayne and Small to provide opportunities, which they aren't really doing. 

I'm being a bit reserved about him as I've seen it at Charlton too many times where players get plaudits and end up being extremely underwhelming. 

Last season Small was a championship level player, and people were worried about us losing him, this season he appears to be a bit of a scapegoat, when he's honestly not doing much wrong. 
    ‘He’s honestly not doing much wrong’ what games are you actually watching mate? Small hasn’t done anything right apart from that assist for docherty. Constantly pisses about with the ball thinking he’s some skilful player,  just to over hit the cross time after time, lost count of the amount of times has played the wrong pass or given it away.  He’s gone backwards massively. 
    He is part of a defense that is number one in the league for clean sheets. So I don't see how he can be labelled as doing nothing right. 

We attack down the left, sometimes he's gonna fail, just like any winger/wingback. Until we sign some creative players, I imagine this will continue. 

But yeah I wasn't watching the game again, this time I decided to focus on their player Carl Winchester as he has a cool name and a Shrewsbury fan told me to watch out for him. It's crazy that I go to every game and miss so much all the time. 
  • Sage said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Sage said:
    His Dad is a really nice guy too and there is always a good few family and friends who attend every game. They really come across of wanting him and the club to do well.

Main point, I’ve seen enough of Ramsay this season to say he’s the best right back/right wing back in the division and has every capability of playing in the Championship.

He’s excellent 1v1, first and foremost. I don’t remember him being beaten and if he has he comes back and he recovers with a fantastic tackle or interception and then he keeps the ball in play, drops the shoulder and allows us to build.

He’s also excellent going forward as he’s got it in his game to step inside and skip passed players or out muscle them.

The area I would like to see improve is his confidence to stay wide and provide the threat from that position and then put in good crosses into the box. He does it but I feel he could do it more. Adding that too his game will only take him to the next level.

A brilliant signing and my POTY so far, even if it’s just 5 league games. 
    100% this.

Honestly I am amazing to be reading any negative comments about him! 
    I don’t think anyone is being negative about him, more that we’re only 5 games into the season and he didn’t play much more than that last season. It’s not that much to go on. As positive as sage is being he’s also saying Ramsay can improve his attacking play and crossing which was the main “negative” about him.

I also find it hard to say someone is the best player in their position in the division - how many have honestly watched other clubs RB/RWBs closely over multiple games? No doubt there will be others out there with the potential to play in the Championship.
    My point of Ramsay being the best right back/ wing back in the division is because we’ve been in this league for long enough now and I have not seen a right back play as well as Ramsay has and have the qualities that he possess.

I’ve watched us either in person or via the stream in every league game since February 2020, the last one I didn’t see was actually the last home game before lockdown against Luton in the Championship.

At this level, I don’t believe there is another right back that has the qualities and profile that Ramsay has. And of course, there is still so much more room for development, and that’s the exciting thing.
    I’d have the best as Sorensen at Huddersfield, very good for Lincoln last season and started well this season. Double figures G+A last season and will probably do the same again this season, as well as being part of one of the best defences last season and another strong one this season. 

If Ramsay had a bit more in the final third then he’d be the best but also probably wouldn’t play in league 1 
  • NabySarr said:
    Sage said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Sage said:
    His Dad is a really nice guy too and there is always a good few family and friends who attend every game. They really come across of wanting him and the club to do well.

Main point, I’ve seen enough of Ramsay this season to say he’s the best right back/right wing back in the division and has every capability of playing in the Championship.

He’s excellent 1v1, first and foremost. I don’t remember him being beaten and if he has he comes back and he recovers with a fantastic tackle or interception and then he keeps the ball in play, drops the shoulder and allows us to build.

He’s also excellent going forward as he’s got it in his game to step inside and skip passed players or out muscle them.

The area I would like to see improve is his confidence to stay wide and provide the threat from that position and then put in good crosses into the box. He does it but I feel he could do it more. Adding that too his game will only take him to the next level.

A brilliant signing and my POTY so far, even if it’s just 5 league games. 
    100% this.

Honestly I am amazing to be reading any negative comments about him! 
    I don’t think anyone is being negative about him, more that we’re only 5 games into the season and he didn’t play much more than that last season. It’s not that much to go on. As positive as sage is being he’s also saying Ramsay can improve his attacking play and crossing which was the main “negative” about him.

I also find it hard to say someone is the best player in their position in the division - how many have honestly watched other clubs RB/RWBs closely over multiple games? No doubt there will be others out there with the potential to play in the Championship.
    My point of Ramsay being the best right back/ wing back in the division is because we’ve been in this league for long enough now and I have not seen a right back play as well as Ramsay has and have the qualities that he possess.

I’ve watched us either in person or via the stream in every league game since February 2020, the last one I didn’t see was actually the last home game before lockdown against Luton in the Championship.

At this level, I don’t believe there is another right back that has the qualities and profile that Ramsay has. And of course, there is still so much more room for development, and that’s the exciting thing.
    I’d have the best as Sorensen at Huddersfield, very good for Lincoln last season and started well this season. Double figures G+A last season and will probably do the same again this season, as well as being part of one of the best defences last season and another strong one this season. 

If Ramsay had a bit more in the final third then he’d be the best but also probably wouldn’t play in league 1 
    And this is why it’s easy to get carried away about Ramsay, he’s shown signs of ability going forward but there’s not a consistent end product compared to someone like Sorensen. Maybe Sorensen isn’t as strong defensively, but we know we need more going forward across the team.
  • Scoham said:
    Yeah but he never beats his man, never makes overlapping runs and never runs past anyone, so how is that possible?
  • I think it was the first couple of minutes after half time against Rotherham, Ramsay played a quick one two with Doc and burst forward.

If the midfield plays the ball in front of Ramsay, he has the pace and power to beat the man to the ball. Something we don’t try enough 
  • edited September 16
    sam3110 said:
    Scoham said:
    Yeah but he never beats his man, never makes overlapping runs and never runs past anyone, so how is that possible?
    In this video, he runs past someone once, and passes it to Docherty, which leads to nothing. He also passes a ball across field which has a bit too much on it for Small to get to.

So in a highlights reel, not one clip of him putting a cross in for a striker to get on the end of, which is what myself, and others have been saying?

Again, great defensive display, but none of our players are creating enough. It's a bit delusional to say otherwise as the stats and the footage is there for all to see. 

He of course can beat a man, just like Small can, it's just what can they do afterwards, we are talking about delivery here and creating chances. There are none in that video.