Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kayne Ramsay signs from Harrogate - 3.5 year deal, undisclosed fee, subject to EFL approval

Comments

• fenaddick said:
    Seemed good considering how long he’s been out for although clumsy for their penalty. Get a preseason under Jones and I think he’ll be dangerous next year 
    Indeed, look at him go!
  • His name as a potential signing popped up out of nowhere only a few hours before the deadline.

More like it please Charlton.
    Do we know if Ramsey and Small we ‘Jones signings’, as they seemed to appear on the radar after we were in advanced talks with him. 
    He knew them both from Southampton. Think they were definitely jones signings 
  • When he puts his head up nand drives forwards irrespective of a defender close by, that is absolutely confidence he is better than what he is facing. We are seeing a player really grow IMO.
  • Ferryman said:
    fenaddick said:
    Seemed good considering how long he’s been out for although clumsy for their penalty. Get a preseason under Jones and I think he’ll be dangerous next year 
    Indeed, look at him go!
    If only I could predict the lottery with such accuracy…
  • When he puts his head up nand drives forwards irrespective of a defender close by, that is absolutely confidence he is better than what he is facing. We are seeing a player really grow IMO.
    Certainly doesn't lack confidence in the way he plays.
  • Shankly would describe him as grisly strong.
  • Yesterday he was absolutely superb. Not just great with the ball, but his positional awareness defensively was spot on as well. 
  • fenaddick said:
    Really good again today. Most impressive thing for me is that after making those last ditch tackles we tend to keep possession of the ball, often with him.
    Really good player. 
  • Loves a tackle.
  • Sponsored links:

• An excellent player 
  • We have our academy RB in Assimwe; we have our L1 bob average RB in Watson so this is our elite RB who would get into every other L1 club and is good enough for the Championship.
    Exciting signing.
    This may have been ironic but turns out to be true 
  • We will do well to keep hold of him in January if he keeps his level up until then he is easily championship level
  • NabySarr said:
    His name as a potential signing popped up out of nowhere only a few hours before the deadline.

More like it please Charlton.
    Do we know if Ramsey and Small we ‘Jones signings’, as they seemed to appear on the radar after we were in advanced talks with him. 
    He knew them both from Southampton. Think they were definitely jones signings 
    Ramsay left Southampton 3 months before Jones was appointed as manager there. For some reason this rumour won’t die…

He was brilliant today. 
  • Will be in the championship next year either with us or not.

One of the best bargains I can remember for a long time. 
    I beleive a similar fee to what we paid for Edwards - great find!
  • Sponsored links:

• Worried if he keeps up this form there's gonna be championship clubs circling in January with big bids for him. What a find he's been. 
  • He doesn't offer much with the ball, and doesn't offer much going forwards, but I can't see many wingers beating him, and he's very solid.

I wonder if he'd be more suited occupying that right centre back role and having a more attack minded full back in his place instead. 

If/when Edwards Returns, we could swap Small over to the right and shift everyone left. 
  • He doesn't offer much with the ball, and doesn't offer much going forwards, but I can't see many wingers beating him, and he's very solid.

I wonder if he'd be more suited occupying that right centre back role and having a more attack minded full back in his place instead. 

If/when Edwards Returns, we could swap Small over to the right and shift everyone left. 
    It’s interesting that Jones tried him there in preseason. Don’t think the Small solution works though, we’d need a new RWB. 
  • He’s very good.

When Edwards is back, I can see Jones trying the occasional 4-3-3/4-4-2 with Ramsay as a more traditional right back and Potts left back behind Edwards in a more advanced position.
  • He reminds me a bit of Sean Clare, minus the defensive brain farts. 
  • Agreed, I think he offers a lot on the ball. 
  • Agreed, I think he offers a lot on the ball. 
    He always looks to pass forwards as well.