Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kayne Ramsay signs from Harrogate - 3.5 year deal, undisclosed fee, subject to EFL approval

Comments

• Options
    I saw enough to be suitably interested in him to be honest - lots of potential.  A raw athlete.  We lack genuine pace and someone who is direct will always catch the eye.

Shame Reeco essentially man-,marled him last night and was in his face every time he got the ball and got his head up but you'd like to think that won't happen every week.
  • Options
    Looked lively and strong if a bit rash in the challenge, more dynamic than TWatson
    Harrogate certainly shipped a few goals without him
    He last played 2 weeks ago so fitness and muscle fatigue shouldn't have been an issue
    No chances can be taken with hamstrings so we can't expect him to be available Saturday
    Which raises the dread prospect of Tayo Edun back in the starting lineup 

• Options
    Good point but it all depends if man marking him leaves other threats open, and quite sadly they don't atm. 

We have no other pacy wide player.

@LouisMend. The image on your home twitter wall is giving me nightmares!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    He was blowing out of his arse after 15 minutes, and no surprise to me that he went down with cramp after an hour. Needs to get fitter, as his style suits the team we have currently...
    He can't be that unfit, he played 30 games in all comps for Harrogate this season before joining us.
    Different level though I guess! 
  • Options
    I like the look of him but felt like at times the team treated him how we used to treat CBT, give him the ball and hope he can run past multiple opposition players. 
  • Options
    Did well, he was given some really difficult passes to control at times as well 
  • Options
    Thought he showed a lot of promise. 
  • Options
    I know he had to race back and stretch to get back to win that tackle which he knew he had to due to it being his fault the player got to that point in the first place but its bloody typical if hes done his hamstring cos of it. I wonder how much strengthening, stretching and sprints we do before a game or in training. Seems to keep happening. 

No idea if he's any good at crossing but if he is I would maybe think about having him as a make shift winger as he has a bit of pace and is direct. Problem is who do we play behind him? 
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    He was blowing out of his arse after 15 minutes, and no surprise to me that he went down with cramp after an hour. Needs to get fitter, as his style suits the team we have currently...
    He can't be that unfit, he played 30 games in all comps for Harrogate this season before joining us.
    Different level though I guess! 
    True although someone posted a stat on here the other day that he was amongst the leaders for players with the highest amount of dribbles, so you'd assume from that he's a player who gets up and down the pitch a lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought he looked strong with a bit of pace but didn't show much ability to get past a player and his crosses were off point.  Potential and should be a decent player at this level. Didn't see signs of elite but it's only one game
  • Options

Ramsay went off  in the 82nd minute after needing a spell of treatment.

“He hasn’t played and he wouldn’t have played at the intensity of that for a while,” said Jones. “It was just a stiff hamstring. We’ll just see how he is.”

That will be three months out then

• Options
    Just before he came off, he went through one of their players with a fair aggressive  challenge that has been missing from our defence late in the game.
  • Options
    Thought he did ok, didn't look out of place at all.

Watson was better than usual out of position as well. Put in a lovely cross in the second half that someone should have got on the end of. 
  • Options
    edited February 15
    Thought he did ok, didn't look out of place at all.

Watson was better than usual out of position as well. Put in a lovely cross in the second half that someone should have got on the end of. 
    He also drifted into the box really well for that through ball from Bakinson

Someone like May making that run and I bet it would have been 1-1
  • Options
    edited February 15
    Southbank said:

“He hasn’t played and he wouldn’t have played at the intensity of that for a while,” said Jones. “It was just a stiff hamstring. We’ll just see how he is.”

'Charlton Athletic defender Kayne Ramsay was forced off in Tuesday’s 1-1 draw against Lincoln City, with the League One club awaiting the results of scans.'

Good job he is on a 3.5 year contrct. Plenty of team to be out injured.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Not sure the intensity of L2 is much different from L1 really. It's not as he's been in non league or U21 football.
  • Options
    edited February 15
    Scoham said:

I wonder if we will look at Jayden Fevrier in the summer, ex West Ham youth player and had a lot of potential when he was there. 

To have over 32 more succesful dribbles than Jodi Jones is impressive. Jones has been a standout player this season, and will be up for player of the season no doubt.

Only 20 as well. 

Anyway, annoying about Ramsay already getting injured, as I was hoping he'd make an impact for these last few games. We seem to have no luck with fullbacks. They're either shit or injury prone. Sometimes both 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I wonder if we will look at Jayden Fevrier in the summer, ex West Ham youth player and had a lot of potential when he was there. 

To have over 32 more succesful dribbles than Jodi Jones is impressive. Jones has been a standout player this season, and will be up for player of the season no doubt.

Only 20 as well. 

Anyway, annoying about Ramsay already getting injured, as I was hoping he'd make an impact for these last few games. We seem to have no luck with fullbacks. They're either shit or injury prone. Sometimes both 
    Had never heard of him but that's a crazy amount of dribbles, and that number is just the successful ones. Their whole game plan must just revolve around giving him the ball.

Interesting to know what went wrong along the way with him though. "At the age of 14, Fevrier made his debut for West Ham's under-18 side. In October 2018, at the age of 15 years, six months and 12 days, Fevrier became the youngest ever player to represent West Ham's reserves.. On 30 June 2021, Fevrier signed his first professional contract with West Ham.

So by all accounts you'd think he was destined for the first team. But then it says......."On 5 October 2022, he was released from West Ham."

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Jones explained: “We had to replace Kayne Ramsay so we are accessing him and seeing how he is, we will know more in the coming days.

“He had just had a stiff hamstring so we are waiting on scan results to find out if it is just stiffness or if there was any kind of damage. We accessed that yesterday and we are now waiting on results."

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/jones-weve-got-build-tuesdays-game

• Options
    Scoham said:

Only 20 as well. 

Had never heard of him but that's a crazy amount of dribbles, and that number is just the successful ones. Their whole game plan must just revolve around giving him the ball.

Interesting to know what went wrong along the way with him though. "At the age of 14, Fevrier made his debut for West Ham's under-18 side. In October 2018, at the age of 15 years, six months and 12 days, Fevrier became the youngest ever player to represent West Ham's reserves.. On 30 June 2021, Fevrier signed his first professional contract with West Ham.

So by all accounts you'd think he was destined for the first team. But then it says......."On 5 October 2022, he was released from West Ham."

Yeah it is odd, suppose it happens more often than we realise though. 

That's the kind of player I'd like to think we are taking a look at now though. I know it's League 2 but those are impressive stats. 

One thing about watching us since we lost Corey, is that no one else at this club can spin a game on it's head other than Chuks, but we need more than that and someone who can play more minutes.

You can find some serious talent at League 2 if they're scouted properly. A player that has pace and can run past people can usually be carried over to a level above if coached efficiently.

I think Kayne could be one of those players tbf. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Only 20 as well. 

Where do they play him, on the wing?
  • Options
    Shame and a bit of a dent in our ambitions this season (survival).
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    The injury didn't look great from where I was sitting. Looked like more than just cramp. 
    I reckon this guy ⬆️ knows his stuff ......🙄
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/nathan-jones-on-kayne-ramsay-injury-and-tyreeq-bakinsons-absence-at-bolton/

Nathan Jones has warned that the injury Kayne Ramsay suffered in midweek is “not minor.”

• Options
    Fucking cursed.
  • Options
    Todd Kayne Ramsey