Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kayne Ramsay signs from Harrogate - 3.5 year deal, undisclosed fee, subject to EFL approval

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    I don't even think the likes of Anderson and Asiimwe desperately need loans. They just need to return to the U21s, and in a less pressured environment, continue their football. education. 
    I think they're both too good for that. I think Asiimwe in particular is used to getting away with a lot because of his athleticism which he can do at U21 level but not at senior level, and I think some of that leads to bad positioning and decision making.

It may be that both aren't quite ready for League Two and we didn't get any offers in for them, at which point yes send them to the national league. But I thought both have the ability to play mid to lower table League Two now. 
    But if they go to the NL at least we can recall them in case of injuries, maybe that is the thinking.
    With Asiimwe I get that. We have four WBs at the club now. Thomas honestly looked alright there but that's not a long term solution. 

With Anderson we have so many midfielders that I feel it would be worth the risk. Dobbo, Coventry, Bakinson, Watson, Fiorini, and Taylor and Camara back in training. Plus REG can play there and TC has played as a 10.
  • Options
    With Asiimwe in the pipeline, where does this leave Tenai Watson? 

Another out of favour just four months after signing with 16 months still on contract? 

Left wingback or Left out.

Twatson was actually as LWB very decent against Blackpoool 

• Options

Another out of favour just four months after signing with 16 months still on contract? 

Honestly don't think Asiimwe is ready.
    That’s why I classed as pipeline, ie: not now but in the future
  • Options
    Harrogate’s crowds are 2-3k so for a young right back his wages must have been tiny. 
  • Options
    He'll be right at home when we are in League Two next season...
  • Options
    edited February 2
    Oggy Red said:

Right footed players at LB or LWB are only ever average at best. 
    When Shaw or Chilwell, both excellent as attacking Left footed player can go on the outside, when they were both injured and Trippier plays on the wrong side he is limited on the left and just tries to get onto his right foot.

T .Watson can cover both sides but difficult for a right footed player to tackle when attacked on the right wing.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to inform you all, that Kayne Ramsey has failed the Charlton Life height test ........ just 5' 10"  :| 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Right footed players at LB or LWB are only ever average at best. 
    When Shaw or Chilwell, both excellent as attacking Left footed player can go on the outside, when they were both injured and Trippier plays on the wrong side he is limited on the left and just tries to get onto his right foot.

T .Watson can cover both sides but difficult for a right footed player to tackle when attacked on the right wing.
    I know exactly what you mean, Sam ....... I played a number of seasons at RB but was often asked to play on the left side also.
    Lots of advantages being right footed playing on the left, but limited against an opponent on the outside. 

• Options
    What's his injury record like? 
  • Options
    edited February 2
    Was he at So’ton at the same time as Jones? Could explain the signing if so..
  • Options
    edited February 2
    Seeing how I was told by many  that Connor McGrandles is "proper mustard",  Scott Fraser  "easily top 6 quality" and how Jack Payne was "too good for league 2"...... I'll wait and see how this one goes for myself before.getting too excited/ playing with razor blades over signing a player from Harrogate.

Don't mind signings like this though, as others have said it's the Peterborough style people have been clamouring for. 
    Sounds good based on internet reviews, spent time in two very good prem academies, has almost 100 senior appearances so more experienced than Assimwe and with potential to develop more. Low risk potential high gains.

• Options
    Fingers crossed he’s decent.
  • Options
    Welcome Kayne
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Asiimwe was asked about what he needed to improve in his game last night and he said he thought and his coaches had told him it was his positional play out of possession.

PS he is a strikingly handsome young chap, could be a model  
    Looks good in a cardy??
  • Options
    Hopefully he will help sort out our defending issues 
    Welcome to the Valley Kayne  B)
  • Options
    He appears to be match fit so should go straight in the side imo.

Would love to see him do a job on CBT tomorrow
  • Options
    I’ve said already I know nothing about this lad but take a minute to read the responses to him leaving, I can’t remember seeing a single player being so highly thought of by the club he’s leaving:

https://x.com/harrogatetown/status/1753185205358092349?s=46

• Options
    It is Harrogate! Although this could be a decent signing IMO
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    It is Harrogate! Although this could be a decent signing IMO
    There's only 14 or so places between us now!