Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kayne Ramsay signs from Harrogate - 3.5 year deal, undisclosed fee, subject to EFL approval

Comments

• Options
    I’m neither whelmed or excited. I’ll wait to judge him until I’ve seen him play a number of times. I was told Tennai Watson was a good signing, had played a lot of times for a sometimes decent MKD side and look how that turned out.

Welcome Kanye and good luck. If it doesn’t work out we will ship you out West somewhere.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    He actually wants to be here! :o

"After completing his move to Charlton, Ramsay said: “As soon as I got told Charlton were interested I knew it was time to come back home. I think I’m ready and at the right age to come and be near my family. Being around everyone will push me and give me that extra edge.” 

We probably tripled his salary  :D
  • Options
    edited February 1
    So either they've edited the picture, or he's been here since about 5pm :D

• Options
    edited February 1
    ValleyBen said:
    Could be great, could be another Kirk, I will judge him by what he does in a Charlton shirt, hopefully he keeps CBT out of the match on Saturday since his fitness should not be a problem. 
    I don’t think he’ll be jumping out of tackles for a full back mate 😉
  • Options
    Oggy Red sai:open_mouth:
    #He actually wants to be here! :o

"After completing his move to Charlton, Ramsay said: “As soon as I got told Charlton were interested I knew it was time to come back home. I think I’m ready and at the right age to come and be near my family. Being around everyone will push me and give me that extra edge.” 

Of course he does......he's playing for Harrogate fgs !
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    He actually wants to be here! :o

We probably tripled his salary  :D
    Yeah, of course ........ the biggest incentive of all :) 

• Options
    https://www.ntt20.com/p/efl-january-transfer-deadline-day-signings?r=1l2n8x&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

Worth having a read of what George Elek from NTT20 thinks about the signing. Looks positive! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But SELR told us it was a square peg in a round hole.
  • Options
    With Asiimwe in the pipeline, where does this leave Tenai Watson? 

Another out of favour just four months after signing with 16 months still on contract? 

• Options
    1st Welcome to Charlton.
    2nd Don't play chuckle brothers with AMB. Nobody likes it and we're shit at playing out from the back. 
  • Options

Another out of favour just four months after signing with 16 months still on contract? 

Sent out on loan this time next year before being released?
  • Options
    Welcome Kayne
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm not sure it's that way round at this point. I think it's more a question of "with us getting another RB in and Asiimwe struggling this season, where does it leave him?"

I thought for sure we'd get him and Anderson loans. And maybe we still do just to non-league. But Asiimwe was so poor at the weekend that it drove home once again he isn't ready to play regularly at this level. Given his upside, the question is" how does he get better?"

I say this still thinking Asiimwe represents our future at RB, I'm more wondering when that "future" will be. 
  • Options

Our first choice left back.

Possibly.
  • Options

To be fair if Jones is appointed and does away with the awful zonal marking system there's every chance we may yet see something out of T Watson. The whole defence looked a shambles week after week with players making mistakes and under-performing. I'd be keen to see how he does under Jones along with the rest of the defence before writing him off.
  • Options
    I don't even think the likes of Anderson and Asiimwe desperately need loans. They just need to return to the U21s, and in a less pressured environment, continue their football. education. 
    I think they're both too good for that. I think Asiimwe in particular is used to getting away with a lot because of his athleticism which he can do at U21 level but not at senior level, and I think some of that leads to bad positioning and decision making.

It may be that both aren't quite ready for League Two and we didn't get any offers in for them, at which point yes send them to the national league. But I thought both have the ability to play mid to lower table League Two now. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    I don't even think the likes of Anderson and Asiimwe desperately need loans. They just need to return to the U21s, and in a less pressured environment, continue their football. education. 
    I think they're both too good for that. I think Asiimwe in particular is used to getting away with a lot because of his athleticism which he can do at U21 level but not at senior level, and I think some of that leads to bad positioning and decision making.

It may be that both aren't quite ready for League Two and we didn't get any offers in for them, at which point yes send them to the national league. But I thought both have the ability to play mid to lower table League Two now. 
    But if they go to the NL at least we can recall them in case of injuries, maybe that is the thinking.
  • Options

Honestly don't think Asiimwe is ready.
  • Options
    Well it’s clear from this he has the pace mentioned on the OS.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTAFhn4DhcB/?igsh=MTI4eHphczE4eWRsYg==