Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nathan Jones interview at 8.30 on YouTube

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    None of the players can say that they have not been warned. Buy in or good bye.

Very impressive and someone we can all get behind.
    Fully agree mate!
  • Options
    Speaks well (I think, hard to understand at times!) but at the end of the day, as he said himself, they'll be judged on results. 

I hope for his sake, and ours, that we see a change in fortunes in that respect
  • Options
    I'm in.
    Diolch Nathan bach 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought that was a decent interview - pretty honest - knows what the immediate issue is - but, it’s a result business - let’s see 
  • Options
    Actions always speak louder than words. Not a message to Jones, he deserves a chance, but it applies to many at the club, past and present.
  • Options
    Why isn't the club saying how long his contract  is seems unusual.  Really good interview good luck nj 
  • Options
    Says the right things which is to be expected, more impressed with Charlotte's questions than his answers.

Time will tell.
  • Options
    Billyboy said:
    Why isn't the club saying how long his contract  is seems unusual.  Really good interview good luck nj 
    I would guess that he will be getting paid a sum of money that simply won’t be sustainable in league 2. We go down and he wont be here is my guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited February 6
    Questions clearly set up to touch on key areas and to lead him rather than his own thoughts, a well managed and PR friendly interview, nothing more.
    Now let’s get the NJ show rolling on Saturday.

• Options
    Really enjoyed that, clear to the players as others have said, buy in or get out, and I back this man over any member of the squad 
  • Options
    Very impressive interview hopefully it will be backed up with results. For the first time for a while looking forward to the match on Saturday rather than going because that’s what we do. COYR
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Yes he spoke every well, but it’s all about 3pm every Saturday.
    My thoughts too.

We need stability and even if we go down I’ll hopefully be supporting him.

Did he say when I have left a club it hasn’t been my choice?
  • Options
    I want to listen to it but I can't stand that poxy accent @AFKABartram is it listenable even with that taffy twang
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Thing I find most interesting is that he was approached when Holden was sacked. Fair enough it wasn't the right time for him but how did we then end up with Appleton?
    Yes, that was very interesting
  • Options
    I sense that Nathan Jones is older and wiser and at 50 will not give the pulpit OTT statements which was a penchant of Nathan in the past.
    He came across really well and laid out that he is a manager that needs the players to buy into his coaching. 

It really was a controlled interview but encouraging that we have a manager that because of the Stoke and Southampton black marks on his CV, finds himself back at Cafc trying to resurrect his good work at Luton where he left an excellent template for those that followed.
  • Options
    Haven’t all recent managers said something similar but perhaps not as eloquently? I mean, the interviewer does feed them the sound bites.

I remember people being upbeat with Micky Apples appointment video and Dean Holden and probably Garner and Adkins.

Time and his ability to get over his ideas and methods will not necessarily begin on Saturday, of course I hope it does but as someone else said, I hope there’s not the usual meltdown on here if we lose, I hope the current love in, continues for a bit longer.

16 games to go, still a lot of points but the fact we haven’t won in 12, doesn’t make me think it’s easily achievable with this bunch of rag tag footballers..