Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nathan Jones interview at 8.30 on YouTube

Comments

• Options
    I want to listen to it but I can't stand that poxy accent @AFKABartram is it listenable even with that taffy twang
    Turn the sound off and read the sub titles.
  • Options
    edited February 6
    Great motivator isn't he? 
    Surely it's time to turn the corner now.
    COYRs
  • Options
    I want to listen to it but I can't stand that poxy accent @AFKABartram is it listenable even with that taffy twang
    Turn the sound off and just read the subtitles. :)

Or just learn Welsh! 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great 1st interview that,more refreshed now after listening to NJ,he is right we need everybody to get behind everything Charlton right now for the start of this journey & then hope against all hope,that this is the time we move forward to fulfill our potential,which doesn’t mean 4th division or plodding along in the 3rd for too many more yrs…!!!

Nathan Jones Red & White Army
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    It’s a good interview. But you can learn a lot more about his philosophy on his website: http://nathanjones.co.uk/
    Oh you ratbag, I've gone and earwormed myself with this now...
  • Options
    edited February 7
    Very impressed with Mr Jones……genuinely believe that Charlton has a place in his heart! 
  • Options
    edited February 7
    As for Nathan Jones & said interview. Yes, he came across well & at least "gets" being Charlton. Time will tell but its a new slate starting Saturday. 

Said to the lad earlier, he'll be here for at least the next 18 months. The next 3 months is a "free hit" really & if we get relegated he can't be blamed (and therefore won't get sacked). I think he'll have all of the 2024/25 season too. If he leaves before next summer it's because he was poached.....or there is a relegation clause in his contract ( in his favour).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jones has to establish a fighting team spirit from a bunch of players who play like strangers. Individually some of our players sound okay but we don't look like a team.

I hope he succeeds.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Thing I find most interesting is that he was approached when Holden was sacked. Fair enough it wasn't the right time for him but how did we then end up with Appleton?
    As other managers said no and Appleton looked a safe pair of hands but clearly wasnt the case!
  • Options
    what's not to like - 100% fully behind the fella and we have to be for the rest of this season when he hopefully keeps us up and then builds for a proper tilt at it next season.

Saturday will be rocking that's for sure
  • Options

Feels like we have someone who can really be a figure head and drive something here. I think whatever happens over the next few months we have to back him for the long term and see it through or at least give it time. That is going to take patience form us fans as well.

For far to long we have had a squad of players that have been able hide and have had an easy ride with the blame on the owner or manager at the time. Let him do what he needs to do.

• Options
    edited February 7
    LoOkOuT said:
    Quite inspirational way with words, but what exactly did he mean by “Float like a butterfly, shag like a sheep”?

"Float like a butterfly, shag like a sheep", was a term first heard in Rugby in South Wales where like a butterfly you move down the left, right or centre to gain yardage. Looks manic at times but its the butterfly effect of traversing.
    When you eventually get over the line in Rugby or in Charlton's case score a goal, you shoot your load; hence the shag like a sheep.
    Ram bam thank you lamb 🐑
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Quite inspirational way with words, but what exactly did he mean by “Float like a butterfly, shag like a sheep”?

"Float like a butterfly, shag like a sheep", was a term first heard in Rugby in South Wales where like a butterfly you move down the left, right or centre to gain yardage. Looks manic at times but its the butterfly effect of traversing.
    When you eventually get over the line in Rugby or in Charlton's case score a goal, you shoot your load; hence the shag like a sheep.
    Ram bam thank you lamb 🐑
    That’s very disturbing 
  • Options
    edited February 7
    LoOkOuT said:

Ram bam thank you lamb 🐑
    That’s very disturbing 

Yes, I agree and so pleased my Maternal Welsh Grandad's family moved to London !

Think of "shoot your load" as a metaphor for elation when you score a try or a goal.