Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jones' press conference

Comments

• Options
    Why do people keep bashing his religion? He's clearly a man of faith, you might not be. Just leave it at that.

To be clear I am not religious in the slightest.
    I'm a devout Atheist but if he turns us into a winning team over the next couple of years I'll happily become a Jehovah's Witness or a Mormon . 
    Sorry beds, read that as moron
    Ah, you beat me to it.
  • Options
    4.5 year contract to 2028 was my main takeaway from that.
    All part of the new but not mentioned in public 5 year plan. Jones to take us to the promised land and Pep to take over to win the Champions League in 2028/29
  • Options
    Really growing on me . COYR!
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Suggested all but Miles are in full training. Hope Dobbo is back. Too soon perhaps for Chuks but with only 16 games remaining we need him.
    With only 16 games remaining there’s still plenty of time for him to get injured again 
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Valley11 said:
    Love his attitude tbh. Gets the club, which I think we need in our managers. Building something. No fucking about. Win games. Tick tick tick.
    Really hope he gets a good start Sat. 

I’ve always wondered when people say he gets the club, what does that actually mean?

https://youtu.be/A0l3Fum29xA?si=NL0L0SUQw7FFR_Et
  • Options
    knowing that the team need to win games is not rocket science, not impressed yet but hopefully `I will at 5pm on Saturday
  • Options
    edited February 8
    Chizz said:
    Bilko said:
    Valley11 said:
    Love his attitude tbh. Gets the club, which I think we need in our managers. Building something. No fucking about. Win games. Tick tick tick.
    Really hope he gets a good start Sat. 

I’ve always wondered when people say he gets the club, what does that actually mean?
    He understands we have no money, the players aren't very good, we can't afford to replace them, we no longer own the ground, the beer is awful, there are potholes in the car park, but, despite this, we have a fanbase with delusions of mediocrity, and expect an immediate turnaround in form, the start of a winning streak and almost certain promotion next season (and the season after). 
    It is when you have a bit of good news that you can always identify a glass half empty!
  • Options
    15 mins of Welsh waffle & 30 secs about the team, and even then he didn't give any info about who could be in or out apart from that only Leaburn isn't "fit". I hope he isn't being paid by the word..........

Anyhoo, at least he has some oomph about him & should be able to get the fans behind him. Problem is, can he get the players playing.

Not like you to be so positive, Golfie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why do people keep bashing his religion? He's clearly a man of faith, you might not be. Just leave it at that.

I'm a devout Atheist but if he turns us into a winning team over the next couple of years I'll happily become a Jehovah's Witness or a Mormon . 
    I'm from East Grinstead so the world really is my oyster for religions - https://www.vice.com/en/article/7xkbmg/explaining-east-grinstead-the-twin-peaks-of-britain 

Pelling, which cult have you joined other than the cult of Charlton Life where there is no escape 🤔 
    Last summer, my Daughter who lives in crazy world of showbusiness(actress, model, presenter, children's entertainer etc) with about 20 different strings to her bow performed a fire act at Saint manor hill over two day when Tom Cruise paid a visit for the first time in years to see some old friends. 
    Tom sold his house to Peter Andre locally so maybe he is cooling on the church, set up by old Mrs Hubbard's son, Ron.

The Scientologists paid well and she managed to get out without being converted. Wealthy people one and all and East Grinstead has also many Pagans (good folk) who often can be seen in the woods late at night, naked or just in their gardens being one with nature. A friend lives there and he is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

I'm still an atheist but anyone who worships the earth can't be all bad.
  • Options
    edited February 8
    Back to the press conference:

I don't want NJ to be loquacious in his press conference especially this one when the national press are there as they want him to do a Glenn Hoddle faux pas and say the reason that people support charlton Athletic is because they are miserable sinners in this life. Obviously Glenn said in a pass life but that wouldn't be Nathan's take on it.

I hope he said the team are spending long hours at Sparrows this week in understanding team play and partnerships ?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    The only thing that I heard that come over to me as remotely flippant was a response to a question re' Southampton.

Liked the bit where he was talking about his manger role versus a head coach role and he said something along the lines of "If I'm going to be judged on things, I must have involvement is certain decisions". Certainly comes over like he's got control over who comes and who goes. Just gotta hope that other forces don't get involved and overrule him, when those decisions need to be made.

Thought it was a great interview in the whole.
    I don’t think he’ll get overruled because I think he’s got his remit from the owners. I think that’s why Scott’s position might be in some doubt. I think Jones will have the biggest say in everything related to playing football. I’m sure that his role won’t be without input but I just can’t see either the four and half years contract or him signing it without very big reassurances. I think Scott will be gone this time next year. 
  • Options

I'm from East Grinstead so the world really is my oyster for religions - https://www.vice.com/en/article/7xkbmg/explaining-east-grinstead-the-twin-peaks-of-britain 

Pelling, which cult have you joined other than the cult of Charlton Life where there is no escape 🤔 
    Last summer, my Daughter who lives in crazy world of showbusiness(actress, model, presenter, children's entertainer etc) with about 20 different strings to her bow performed a fire act at Saint manor hill over two day when Tom Cruise paid a visit for the first time in years to see some old friends. 
    Tom sold his house to Peter Andre locally so maybe he is cooling on the church, set up by old Mrs Hubbard's son, Ron.

The Scientologists paid well and she managed to get out without being converted. Wealthy people one and all and East Grinstead has also many Pagans (good folk) who often can be seen in the woods late at night, naked or just in their gardens being one with nature. A friend lives there and he is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

I'm still an atheist but anyone who worships the earth can't be all bad.
    He sold that house to Andre as he just stays in Saint Hill Manor when he visits now I believe. The whole estate is incredibly eerie! 
  • Options
    Scott is in the last technical director's saloon but may survive if the rest of the season picks up and some of the new boys show promise and fans show up to support NJ and the players as the gloom has been depressing at the valley for some time.

I was convinced that Andy Scott would come good,( bold statement !)but he has a mountain to climb with so many critics. NJ being a manager not just a head coach gives the Welshman more power.
    Inquest for Andy Scott needs to take place at the end of season as we need cohesion as staying in this division is paramount before we take big strides forward next season.
  • Options
    Ten weeks have either flown by or Hector is back quicker tham anticipated? 
  • Options

Scientology mostly though right?
  • Options
    Are there subtitles available?
  • Options

Splitter!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really, you must have some welsh ancestors surely mate 😉
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Really, you must have some welsh ancestors surely mate 😉
    There was that strange "uncle",  bored us with rugby stories, had a cracking baritone voice and lost his left testicle to a Zulu  but he didn't Dai...
  • Options
    I liked the press conference a lot. He repeated himself a lot but only because he got asked repetitive questions.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Scientology mostly though right?
    Scientology, Druids, Mormons, Jehovahs, Opus Dei, Rosicrusans, Latter Day Saints. Were like the galacticos of religious groups.

• Options
    pity he couldn't remember which players are currently injured
  • Options
    If anyone from the comms team is reading this: Any chance of passing a mic around for the journo's asking the questions? Apart from terry, I really stuggled to hear what they were asking and had to try and work it out from the answer (which I also struggled to understand, due to his broad accent, but I won't hold them responsible for that part). 

Nice to hear it's a 4.5 yr contract. At least then, it'll make it alot more difficult for other clubs to try and poach him if he's successful, which I'm really confident he will be.
    I thought a few weeks ago Louis Mendez was doing it via zoom or such like. I'm not sure they are all in the same room. 
  • Options
    edited February 8
    when that journalist asked about a certain club and Jones just said he didn't want to disrespect anybody by naming names, what club name did the journalist actually say? can't make it out. it's about 8 minutes in
  • Options
    when that journalist asked about a certain club and Jones just said he didn't want to disrespect anybody by naming names, what club name did the journalist actually say? can't make it out. it's about 8 minutes in
    Millwall... Was asked if he was close to being Manager for them