Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jones' press conference

Comments

• Options
    Well done to the second interviewer, asked the tough questions 
    I might be wrong but I think the second interviewr was Richard Cawley.
    Yup
  • Options
    Something suggests that George Dobson has been set some sort of target in my opinion.
    NJ response to George being able to stay beyond the end of the season was very well handled but it sounds like a do a good job and you’ll get a better deal.
    Could be completely wrong of course.
  • Options
    Another good presser from NJ. I liked the talk about 'structure' and it seems  this new 'structure' includes Sundays whether there is a game on Tuesdays or not. I agree with others that he stopped the Dobbo transfer, which must be another blow to Scott and Co. Finally I think he's realistic to know its going to take time to get his methods across, but is fully aware of the urgent need to get points. I reckon he'll concentrate on confidence building and getting Chucks, Camara, Dobbo and Ramsey in the line-up ASAP!
    I suppose thats the difference between being Manager and first team coach, Appleton probably wouldn't have been able to stop it.
  • Options
    edited February 13
    "Chuks is fit"
    But what does that mean? Sitting on the bench,  or able to start a game? If it's the former we are relegated as we'll be behind before he comes on. The fuss over trying to sign Ladapo seems bonkers now.  
  • Options
    edited February 13
    Another good presser from NJ. I liked the talk about 'structure' and it seems  this new 'structure' includes Sundays whether there is a game on Tuesdays or not. I agree with others that he stopped the Dobbo transfer, which must be another blow to Scott and Co. Finally I think he's realistic to know its going to take time to get his methods across, but is fully aware of the urgent need to get points. I reckon he'll concentrate on confidence building and getting Chucks, Camara, Dobbo and Ramsey in the line-up ASAP!
    I thought he said they were in Sundays when there is a game on Tuesdays which was why they were in last Sunday - not as “punishment” for losing on Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought he said they were in Sundays when there is a game on Tuesdays which was why they were in last Sunday - not as “punishment” for losing on Saturday.
    Thats exactly what he said. And also i dont do punishment training, but i do believe in having a good structure. 

Cant argue with that boyo. 
  • Options
    edited February 13
    Well done to the second interviewer, asked the tough questions 
    It seemed to me that the Welsh accent was stronger during the tougher questions
    Ok, hes Welsh, we get it!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
  • Options
    Found him less irritating in this one than his previous two. Less abrasive and I though gave good answers to some potentially tricky questions. 
  • Options
    Found him less irritating in this one than his previous two. Less abrasive and I though gave good answers to some potentially tricky questions. 
    Think he was a bit abrasive in the others because a couple of journos were trying to get a reaction from him over his time at Southampton. The only journos interested now are club friendly.
    And Cawley asks tough but intelligent questions, the sort of questions Jones himself would be asking if he was a local journalist.
  • Options
    Didn't feel like he completely dismissed the idea of another signing or two 
  • Options
    Of course, words are just words. I really want to see a formation change. Our wing backs are useless and the sooner we deal with that the better.
  • Options
    Good press conference. Well done to Rich Cawley for asking the right questions.

I wish they would turn the Mic up for the questions though!!
    Sounds for a while that many are 'attending' the pressers remotely, which doesn't help with the audio.
  • Options
    edited February 16
    Maybe just me but, Jones' Press conference for Bolton sounds like a re-run of the Lincoln one, just the same responses...not knocking it, just saying, he doesn't look ok with being questioned...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 22
    Maybe just me but, Jones' Press conference for Bolton sounds like a re-run of the Lincoln one, just the same responses...not knocking it, just saying, he doesn't look ok with being questioned...🙄
    Possibly a bit more careful these days since Southampton?

At least he hasn't offered the fans out yet
  • Options
    He is pretty boring - certainly will bore us senseless if he is here for 4 years but I couldn’t care less if he keeps us up and gets us results !!! 
  • Options
    He is pretty boring - certainly will bore us senseless if he is here for 4 years but I couldn’t care less if he keeps us up and gets us results !!! 
    I really like his style and his antics on the touch line certainly aren’t boring. Was it Small he said he nearly gave a ‘punch’ to last weekend and doubled down on it. Would hope he wouldn’t, but you certainly don’t hear a manager claim that very often…
  • Options
    I like the way he says Bolton are the best team in the league.
    Instilling confidence all the way. He knows our record v Portsmouth and basically said we aren’t playing the best next.

• Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Instilling confidence all the way. He knows our record v Portsmouth and basically said we aren’t playing the best next.

So he’s done Portsmouths geeing up for them 
    I know if I was a Pompey player that would get me up for it a bit more and I’d ready to run over to the ex scummer and 🤫 when /if they take the lead 
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:

So he’s done Portsmouths geeing up for them 
    I know if I was a Pompey player that would get me up for it a bit more and I’d ready to run over to the ex scummer and 🤫 when /if they take the lead 
    I doubt they look at the SLP or Charlton website.
  • Options
    edited February 24
    I don't think it his job to be interesting. I am not bothered about how animated he is from the sidelines. Managers have different styles and if you can glean anything from how they act in that situation you have magical powers. It is the performances and results that matter ultimately.