Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jones' press conference

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:
    KettsJohn said:
    Suggested all but Miles are in full training. Hope Dobbo is back. Too soon perhaps for Chuks but with only 16 games remaining we need him.
    With only 16 games remaining there’s still plenty of time for him to get injured again 
    Wasn’t sure whether a like or lol was in order.   Agree though.   While lolling.  
  • Options
    Why do people keep bashing his religion? He's clearly a man of faith, you might not be. Just leave it at that.

To be clear I am not religious in the slightest.
    Agree…but…..  

Wasn’t this based on him giving religious themed team talks?   

Apologies if not, But if so, please leave your faith at the door when you go to work.     How you think I should do my job to the best of my ability should have nothing to do with your own spiritual beliefs, regardless of what they
    may or may not be.  

Amazed anyone would think differently in this day and age. 

• Options
    Good press conference.

Didn't let himself get drawn into answers about Southampton or M@#£%^!l where the journo was just looking for a clickbait headline about another club.

I wonder how many of those journalists will be back next week?

Also didn’t tell us who the owners are despite having met them.  Not sure why it can't/shouldn't be discussed.

Not sure he was meant to tell us about his deal being 4.5 years

Otherwise said all the right things and said them well.

Reinforced my reasons for wanting him as boss but as he almost said "just win games".

• Options
    edited February 8
    No problem understanding the Welsh accent here but living here in Worcestershire we’re right on the doorstep.

He knows what he needs to do. Looking forward to 3 points on Saturday!
  • Options
    Why do people keep bashing his religion? He's clearly a man of faith, you might not be. Just leave it at that.

I'm a devout Atheist but if he turns us into a winning team over the next couple of years I'll happily become a Jehovah's Witness or a Mormon . 
    Sorry beds, read that as moron
    Ah, you beat me to it.
    I think they are synonyms. 
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Valley11 said:
    Love his attitude tbh. Gets the club, which I think we need in our managers. Building something. No fucking about. Win games. Tick tick tick.
    Really hope he gets a good start Sat. 

I’ve always wondered when people say he gets the club, what does that actually mean?
    When he's in meetings and offered a choice of a KitKat, Penguin or Club...
  • Options
    I don’t know if I am more excited to get a manager with a decent pedigree or to get a manager who gets a little bit feisty with journalists after a loss and says some absolutely bonkers things.  I have a feeling he is going to be pure comedy gold at times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cannot wait for Saturday! COYRs…
  • Options
    Struck me as an impressive bloke with a professional attitude.

Pleased he is Manager and that has more control instead of leaving it to the 8+8+8 mob. Pleased it is a long term commitment on both sides.

Looking forward to Saturday for the first time in bloody ages. 

• Options
    Good luck to him and genuinely excited for the future, i hope he is successful in getting a tine from the team and that they start to put a shift in, keep clean sheets, outwork the opposition and score goals 😁
  • Options

A fair point. I’m OK with his fantasy world as long as it doesn’t interfere with him doing his job. 
  • Options
    No problem understanding the Welsh accent here but living here in Worcestershire we’re right on the doorstep.

He knows what he needs to do. Looking forward to 3 points on Saturday!
    Didn't know you were in Worcestershire @EveshamAddick
  • Options
    If anyone from the comms team is reading this: Any chance of passing a mic around for the journo's asking the questions? Apart from terry, I really stuggled to hear what they were asking and had to try and work it out from the answer (which I also struggled to understand, due to his broad accent, but I won't hold them responsible for that part). 

Nice to hear it's a 4.5 yr contract. At least then, it'll make it alot more difficult for other clubs to try and poach him if he's successful, which I'm really confident he will be.
    https://youtu.be/y0C59pI_ypQ?si=QGYPmGhDZ8Zqm50B
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Looked bored and not surprised. Similar questions asked by different people and very similar to what he was asked in the club interview.

I would have liked a bit more on howe this week has gone, how he has found the players to his methods etc.

• Options

Looked bored and not surprised. Similar questions asked by different people and very similar to what he was asked in the club interview.

I would have liked a bit more on howe this week has gone, how he has found the players to his methods etc.

The "national" press aren't interested in how training has gone this week etc, and to be fair I'm not interested in hearing Thomas Frank or Russell Martin describe how training has gone this week either. 

For the national media, and indeed most non Charlton fans, his comments on the Southampton failure are of far more interest.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Agree…but…..  

Apologies if not, But if so, please leave your faith at the door when you go to work.     How you think I should do my job to the best of my ability should have nothing to do with your own spiritual beliefs, regardless of what they
    may or may not be.  

No. It wasn't. Someone mentioned that Jones is pretty devoutly Christian (as are lots of people) and this somehow got turned into him basically delivering sermons in training... based on nothing. 

There's literally no evidence he doesn't "leave it at the door."
    I would be very pleased if he instilled the Protestant work ethic into this underperforming squad.
  • Options
    edited February 9
    The sooner the national press lose interest in Cafc and Nathan the better for this season at least.
    Terry Smith, Louis Mendez, Richard Cawley,  Charlotte and Scott Minto will only be interested in the hear and now and Charlton Athletic.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    thenewbie said:

Agree…but…..  

may or may not be.  

No. It wasn't. Someone mentioned that Jones is pretty devoutly Christian (as are lots of people) and this somehow got turned into him basically delivering sermons in training... based on nothing. 

I would be very pleased if he instilled the Protestant work ethic into this underperforming squad.
    Wtf is Protestant work ethic ! ?
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    thenewbie said:

Agree…but…..  

may or may not be.  

Wtf is Protestant work ethic ! ?
    Opposite to Catholic ;)  
  • Options
    Oh god..

Excuse the pun
  • Options
    The interview however impressive is as nothing compared to wins and points.
    Luckily the man acknowledges that. Projects and journeys and plans are for the future.
    Right now the only thing to do is to try and escape relegation.
  • Options
    Couldn't help notice that things that drew him to Charlton included the owners, SMT, The Valley and the fans but he never said a thing about the players!