Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Bolton Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 17th February 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    edited February 19
    March Fixtures

Away:             Recent form
    Northampton LLDLW  4PTS
    Cheltenham   LLWWW 9PTS
    Fleetwood      WWLDL 7PTS
    Exeter            LWWLL  6PTS

Home:
    Carlisle           LLLLL   0PTS
    Wigan             LWLLW 6PTS

Charlton         DLLDD 3PTS
  • Options
    Just my opinion, but I think some of the recent posts on Golfie have gone past the line of the decency we are used to on this platform.

It’s a stressful time and nobody is totally happy with how things have gone this season, but we don’t get personal on here.

Regardless of what we THINK is going to happen, we all WANT the same thing.
    Belinda Carlisle.

I can't get this fucking song out my head now! I even dreamed last night they scrapped RRR for We Want the Same Thing at the Portsmouth game FFS.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    March Fixtures

Northampton LLDLW  4PTS
    Cheltenham   LLWWW 9PTS

Home:

Fair play to Cheltenham on there last few games, especially losing strikers in the past 2 windows
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    March Fixtures

Northampton LLDLW  4PTS
    Cheltenham   LLWWW 9PTS

Home:

So in summary, over the last five games since Apples left, all the competition bar Carlisle has pulled away from us.

Just going on the facts in front of us, that isnt great.

Backs up that we still have much to do before we start to feel more comfortable.
  • Options
    edited February 19
    JamesSeed said:
    March Fixtures

Northampton LLDLW  4PTS
    Cheltenham   LLWWW 9PTS

Home:

So in summary, over the last five games since Apples left, all the competition bar Carlisle has pulled away from us.

Backs up that we still have much to do before we start to feel more comfortable.
    Previously on many occasions you appeared to suggest that we should have a manager with Charlton connections and didn't want Nathan Jones.
    I've seen several people ask you who you wanted but have never seen you reply.
    So who was it you wanted, bearing in mind Bowyer, Powell and Curbs ruled themselves out?
  • Options
    I think Shrewsbury, with a very bad goal difference, will end up fighting Cheltenham and PV in the relegation scrape towards the end of the season. By that time I would hope that we will be out of trouble.
  • Options
    edited February 19
    I think Shrewsbury, with a very bad goal difference, will end up fighting Cheltenham and PV in the relegation scrape towards the end of the season. By that time I would hope that we will be out of trouble.
    I think Moore will improve Port Vale and they'll avoid the drop.

Cheltenham are on a good run after a disasterous opening 15 games, I can see them getting out of the bottom four.
  • Options
    So many recently telling people to wake up and smell the coffee. Surprised that they haven’t noticed that a fresh percolator is bubbling away. 😊
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    March Fixtures

Northampton LLDLW  4PTS
    Cheltenham   LLWWW 9PTS

Home:

Fair play to Cheltenham on there last few games, especially losing strikers in the past 2 windows
    Looks like they found some good replacements- anyone itk what's going on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just chuckling at this well Moore will sort out PV, and Cheltenham are wonderful stuff
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Just chuckling at this well Moore will sort out PV, and Cheltenham are wonderful stuff
    The fact they've closed the gap between us and them by 7 points in the last 3 games means Cheltenham, 1 point behind with 2 games in hand,  are well involved in the survival of the shittest
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    The fact they've closed the gap between us and them by 7 points in the last 3 games means Cheltenham, 1 point behind with 2 games in hand,  are well involved in the survival of the shittest
    So, too much about the others, and not about ourselves. If Moore improves PV then great, but Jones will do similar for us, we're already seeing improvements, and I'm not going to do the professional chicken licken stuff that some are indulging in 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    March Fixtures

Northampton LLDLW  4PTS
    Cheltenham   LLWWW 9PTS

Home:

The only team really pulling up any trees on that list right now is Cheltenham. Everyone else’s results aren’t much better than relegation form anyway.

You’re also not looking at teams like Port Vale who are DEFINITELY going to jump above us with games in hand, yet have picked up less points than us in their last five.

As I’ve said a couple of times, there’s still thirteen games to go and so comparing our form to others is pretty pointless. It might not feel like much but 39 points up for grabs means what other teams do right now is irrelevant.

Get to 50 and Northampton’s results or Cheltenham’s don’t matter.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    March Fixtures

Northampton LLDLW  4PTS
    Cheltenham   LLWWW 9PTS

Home:

Carlisle really are awful aren't they
  • Options
    edited February 19
    Croydon said:
    JamesSeed said:
    March Fixtures

Northampton LLDLW  4PTS
    Cheltenham   LLWWW 9PTS

Home:

Yep, but only 3 points worse than us...🙄
  • Options
    edited February 19
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    So, too much about the others, and not about ourselves. If Moore improves PV then great, but Jones will do similar for us, we're already seeing improvements, and I'm not going to do the professional chicken licken stuff that some are indulging in 

Without sounding critical, we have still not won in three games under him, with Portsmouth and Derby coming up it could quite easily turn into five.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

Without sounding critical, we have still not won in three games under him, with Portsmouth and Derby coming up it could quite easily turn into five.

Or it won't, you're convinced that Moore is the second coming at Vale, and yet they got turned over at the weekend. Half full and half empty going on here. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    March Fixtures

Northampton LLDLW  4PTS
    Cheltenham   LLWWW 9PTS

Home:

The only team really pulling up any trees on that list right now is Cheltenham. Everyone else’s results aren’t much better than relegation form anyway.

You’re also not looking at teams like Port Vale who are DEFINITELY going to jump above us with games in hand, yet have picked up less points than us in their last five.

As I’ve said a couple of times, there’s still thirteen games to go and so comparing our form to others is pretty pointless. It might not feel like much but 39 points up for grabs means what other teams do right now is irrelevant.

Get to 50 and Northampton’s results or Cheltenham’s don’t matter.

I wish I had your optimism, I cannot share it though as we have not won in fifteen games.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    JamesSeed said:
    March Fixtures

Northampton LLDLW  4PTS
    Cheltenham   LLWWW 9PTS

Home:

And one poster on here Spey his dummy out the pram on the 4th of jan because teams like Carlisle had strengthened!! 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    March Fixtures

Northampton LLDLW  4PTS
    Cheltenham   LLWWW 9PTS

Home:

Previously on many occasions you appeared to suggest that we should have a manager with Charlton connections and didn't want Nathan Jones.
    So who was it you wanted, bearing in mind Bowyer, Powell and Curbs ruled themselves out?
    This isn’t an Anti Jones post …. I’ve said in many posts since the last game we can see he is having an impact.

Im not saying Powell would have done a better job or not (that’s who I wanted). I’m just saying regardless of who is managing us (Fleming was managing us for two of the last 5) the results are not yet on a tangent to keep us up.
  • Options
    Ok, but as you probably know Powell said he doesn't want to manage anymore, so all rather pointless wanting him. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    March Fixtures

Northampton LLDLW  4PTS
    Cheltenham   LLWWW 9PTS

Home:

That shows the importance of getting a win soon. We’ve only lost 2 games out of 5, like two of the other teams, but we have the lowest points return of anyone here. 
  • Options
    edited February 19
    JamesSeed said:
    March Fixtures

Northampton LLDLW  4PTS
    Cheltenham   LLWWW 9PTS

Home:

This isn’t an Anti Jones post …. I’ve said in many posts since the last game we can see he is having an impact.

Im not saying Powell would have done a better job or not (that’s who I wanted). I’m just saying regardless of who is managing us (Fleming was managing us for two of the last 5) the results are not yet on a tangent to keep us up.
    The optimism comes from those predicting wins based on improved performances, the pessimism from those looking at past results and the table. Both seem reasonable views to hold to me.

FWIW, I happen to think we're knee deep in shit and haven't got the shoes for it, but I want the same outcome as every poster on here I should think, fans of rival teams excepted, and if that's you reading this, I wish the worst for your teams too, but in a spirit of friendship of course.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

Or it won't, you're convinced that Moore is the second coming at Vale, and yet they got turned over at the weekend. Half full and half empty going on here. 
    Convinced?!
  • Options
    edited February 19
    Reading v Port Vale on Tuesday night 20th Feb, Wigan v Cheltenham on Friday 23rd Feb, if both the away sides win, we'll go into the Pompey game in the bottom four (and Port Vale//Cheltenham will still have games in hand on us). Whilst I am of the 'ever so slightly' glass half full view (based on recent improved performances), realism kicks in and I think,  oh shit, it just seems to be getting worse!

I think nothing less than a win against Pompey is really what we have got to be aiming for.