Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Bolton Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 17th February 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    A performance with heart and ability, two things missing for months.  In the grand scheme of things a point is not enough, but an unexpected point and signs of improvement give me hope of staying up.  COYRs
  • Options
    Appleton should have gone after the Cray Valley home game!
    Con man stealing a living!
    100% agree
  • Options
    I thought before these 3 games we needed 3 points min and ideally 4+.  This means we need to win one of next two.
    A decent point away at probably the hardest place in L1 to go. Should give the players belief at least.
    However we need to win to get that monkey off our back and we need to defend better as you should be winning games you score 3 goals in.
    Happy, of course but the table still looks awful.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Thierry is lucky he didn't get a punch for putting Ade in... According to NJ.
    That was a weird thing for NJ to say. And he said it twice!
    (He also twice said we took the lead three times, but hey ho.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great result against a very good side. But we have got to stop conceding so many goals
  • Options
    Expected nothing from this match so delighted with a point. Given how the game played out it's a shame we couldn't hold on to one of our leads and do even better.

However, rot hopefully stopped and we can get the required points to carry us to safety.
  • Options
    I did not watch or follow the game , so must ask how is a fantastic performance when we conceed3 goals and end up drawing 3 all after being 2-1 according to the BBC summary on line.
  • Options
    edited February 17
  • Options
    Nathan Jones is getting more out of these players in just a couple of weeks than Appleton ever could. 
    The way the players celebrated together when we scored showed to me they are up for the fight. 
    Shame Appleton never got replaced sooner but it is what it is. 
    Give Jones proper backing in the summer and I'm sure he will get us promoted. 
    COYA. 
    Absolutely this.

Hope we didn't leave it too late.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Excellent point on the road and the biggest thing for me is how we've seen an improvement game on game since Jones came in,  whole week to keep working ahead of Pompey which we can go into with a bit of confidence 
  • Options
    At some point surely we are going to keep a clean sheet?

As much as second half against Lincoln and today on the whole has been encouraging - we are not going to get ourselves out of trouble unless we can improve the defensive lapses.
  • Options
    I saw your 0-4 prediction colin and thought that was over pessimistic