Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Bolton Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 17th February 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    A confidence boasting performance. Showed real character and fight. Really pleased that Daniel Kanu got his goal. He put in such a shift, as did the whole team. 
  • Options
    Relying on your reports here CL'ers, but NJ may just turn the SS PissThe League in time...
  • Options
    Yes, the table looks horrible but we scored 3 bloody goals! That is a miracle in itself especially at Bolton of all places.

Of course Pompey and Derby will not be easy but just don't get beat are my and then really go for it with the remaining games, there's no point in defending games, we're crap at that so make sure we score more goals. 

Nathan has restored my faith and will definitely motivate the players for sure but what the hell did Apples do to them... 

Its in our hands, it really is. 

By the way no Louie Watson, so is he out of favour now?

However, where is Terry Tomatoes? He's disappeared now, saw him do 90 minutes the other week and then poof gone!

Anyone know? 

• Options
    On  way home, shorter journey than @Croydon I suspect. Only other points I'd make, I thought Jones was standout mom. Although comments made about our dark arts, their 20k crowd were going bonkers at us, that was refreshing!
    Alfie came on like a bat out of hell, proper fired up, but was the only player to go straight down the tunnel without going to the fans. 
    Proper bodies on line 2nd half performance. 
    Alfie - that is worrying
  • Options
    All things considered that was our best performance of the season.
    The closing down and effort was a joy to see, although it should have always been like that.
    Let's hope we can now produce that effort every game.

Excellent tactics from Nathan Jones. 
    Let's play on the front foot and push forwards instead of fannying around at the back achieving the square root of £$%$ all.

Everyone played at least decent, but special shout outs to Kanu and Anderson who were superb considering their youth.

Istead looked solid and so much better than AMB.
    Jones was very solid, plus he scored.
    Small was very good on debut, has some physique for a 19 year old and even scored.

Coventry, Dobson, Thomas and Ladapo all put in shifts and played well.
    Aneke of course caused them problems straight away and Camara looked decent.

Gillesphey and May were ok subs.

REG and T Watson were ok, although both partially at fault for goals.

IF we can produce that level of performance for the rest of the season we will not be relegated.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Someone's just called Kanu technically deficient in the ratings. He's got technical ability, pace and endeavour. It shows more and more week after week. 
    Another reason to ignore some of those ratings.
  • Options
    Jones was clearly under no illusion when he joined us and I think all us fans know what could happen...

However, at least know he's going to go for it... There's no point in our boys passing back and bloody forth defending we just have to go after teams. 

We need a bit of siege mentality home and away and we can be the 12th man.

We have a chance. 

By the way loved Nathan's moonwalk reference. 
  • Options
    First time this season every single player can hold their heads high. Showing the fight that is needed. A special mention to Kanu, incredible work ethic and so happy he topped it off with a goal. Saw Bolton fans bemoaning defensive errors but I think a lot of that was forced by our relentless pressing.

Chuks once again a good luck mascot. When he gets on the pitch this season we don’t lose
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Someone's just called Kanu technically deficient in the ratings. He's got technical ability, pace and endeavour. It shows more and more week after week. 
    And someone else gave a 2 and a 3 despite the best performance and result in a long time
  • Options
    Now we need to keep the same side, apart from Ramsay coming back and stop changing the team every game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Now we need to keep the same side, apart from Ramsay coming back and stop changing the team every game
     If changing the team gets results - I'll accept it. Fergie called it rotation.
  • Options
    Improvement is there to see. March is the month we make it count.
    A March for survival - perhaps one could say 
  • Options
    Didn’t watch the match, didn’t follow the match, thought we were onto a loser. But I’m absolutely delighted with a point. Have just watched the goals on Sky Sports. Thought Small’s cross into the box was a peach and Lapado was unlucky not to get a flick. So, we deserved that one. I’m loathed to criticise but all of their goals might have been prevented if we’d been a bit tighter on them. But this is League One football. How many times did their player turn in the box for the second. Could’ve got a foot in there, I reckon. Still, looking forward to next week. Bring on Pompei … 
  • Options
    Still confident we will stay up, today was a good result. Just need a win now 
  • Options
    Great result, well pleased for those that went.  Wasn’t sure what to expect before the game, and when I heard we’d gone 1 down I thought it will probably be a write off

As much as I’m pissed off at how badly Scott and Methven have screwed this season up, we absolutely have to stay up.  Fingers crossed this is the result to pick the confidence up