Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham Town v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 5th March 2024 | Match Preview, Predictions & News

Comments

• Options
    This game is being played a week earlier than originally scheduled due to the Cheltenham Festival kicking off seven days later on the original date. Gives us an opportunity to put points on the board.

Win and we’ll be 14th in the table by 10pm.

Draw would mean jumping two spots to 16th.

Lose and we stay in 18th but back to only one point separating us from the bottom four.
    Not saying back to back wins here and against Carlisle on Saturday would guarantee safety but...
  • Options
    That chap Nathan Jones is starting to look like he might know what he’s doing so on this occasion I’m proposing to leave picking the team up to him. It’s a big responsibility for him but I’ve every confidence he will rise to the challenge…just don’t start Ladapo, save him for later in the game and play Kanu and Chuks upfront to batter the opposition defence with Alfie having a free rein behind them.
    you cannot start Chuks.....ever
    Nathan can, it’s the ‘managers’ that think Chuks can play up front and also run around at speed and cover 3 quarters of the pitch, wing to wing like May and Dobbo that shouldn’t start Chuks.

Chuks doesn’t need to run around to get the ball and keep two or three opposition defenders occupied because the ball goes to him (and he controls it)  and those defenders never leave his side 
    Just a reminder that Einstein's definition of madness is trying to do the same thing and expecting different results.
    '30 minute' Chuks is what we've got, and we should pray we can continue to have even that.
  • Options
    We won't lose this one and we will score ..I sense a very narrow victory 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a big game this is
     It's our chance to put another 3 points between us & 3 more to safety 
    Cheltenham will be up for it but
    if we play like we have been  lately i can't see anything but a win for us 
    Going for a hard fought 2-1 
    To the mighty CAFC 
    So COYR Let's do this  B)

• Options
    the individual defensive error on Saturday cost us 2 points, not 3 .. another tough game (ain't they all) against a team that has been struggling for most of the season but is now in pretty good form .. I'll be fairly happy with a point, BUT if we are in 'Derby form' then all three points will be tucked away on the team coach .. changes from Saturday depending on fitness of course .. Jones in for Thomas ? .. we now have good competition for places in central defence so I wouldn't be surprised if there were no changes in the starting Xl
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    I’d keep Gillesphey in and swap Terrell Thomas for Jones.
    Thomas was good Sat but he panics and hoofs it. I think Reg, Jones and MG is a more composed back three. 
    Yes I’d defo leave reg and Gillesphey where they are - the big calls r around Kanu and Anderson - they have been fundamental over the recent run but do look like they need a rest. Wouldn’t be surprised to see bakinson and ladapo starting instead 
  • Options
    Watched the highlights of both of the last two of Cheltenham's games and it's fair to say they didn't feature much, if at all in any of them!
    They looked woeful.
    If we can boss their midfield as others have in recent games we'll get chances . For that reason id go with Kanu and May again. Think I'd leave Dobson out and if he's fit bring in Camara.
    0-3 to us 
  • Options
    I thought 2-2 with Cobblers, and neither team could get away. I feel Cheltenham have had a bounce lately and will be up for it.
    Another score draw as our defensive frailties continue (every team we put out has an error in them). 
  • Options
    I'm confident anyway, but win tomorrow night and I am certain we will stay up. It will completely alleviate any pressure and just allow us to play with some freedom for the rest of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Based on sign above I'm going for a 0-4 result.!
  • Options
    We deserve a win based on recent performances. In fact, we deserve a comfortable win but doubt we will get it.

Wish I could  watch the stream but it's too late in Lanka time. Can't remember watching a win all season, on line or at the Valley. 

Hoping for an ugly 1-2 win, ground out the hard way. 

Alfie is due a goal or two. 
  • Options
    Well, he doesn't say much but what he does says is incorrect. Its not their game in hand, it's a fixture thats been brought forward by a week. They will get that game in hand back again next Tuesday. 

As for the match itself. I wish I could be as positive as most of you on here. At best we will scrape a draw. 

2-2. Not a pretty Desmond - more O'Conner than Lynham. 
  • Options

As he says, it’s their game in hand so a good start by Charlton and the realisation that they could lose it and that potential points cushion it represents will be wasted and is going to hit them hard
  • Options
    I just can’t see us winning back to back games, I think we’ll get 4 points though.  Feels like one of them fixtures where we should setup not to lose, be defensively organised and rely on one of our attackers to nick a goal.  I’m going for 0-0 or 0-1, can’t see it going any other way.  I’ve a feeling he’ll rest one of Kanu or Anderson, most likely Kanu.
  • Options
    edited March 5
    Live in Gloucester, so a home game for my son and I. Taking our partners, one of whom gets complimentary tickets from work, so we will hopefully be suffering in silence in the home end, as the Charlton goals go in! Should win this, we have much stronger squad than Cheltenham. 
  • Options
    A clean sheet would be nice.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    A clean sheet would be nice.
     a thought that goes through my head a gazillion times a day as i rip some andrex off and have a sweep of my bottom