Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham Town v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 5th March 2024 | Match Preview, Predictions & News

Comments

• Options
    on a corporate tonight at Ipswich v Brizzle City in a box, will certainly have more of an eye on events elsewhere.

nervy and either a 1-1 or 1-2

don't think we'll lose
  • Options
    I remember the Derby game was when I broke the shackles of negativity with positive predictions from the off. And it came through......

I have got a horrible feeling about tonight.
  • Options
    Too much optimism here. Cheltenham are one of our bogey teams. We've played them 8 times and won once which was the last time we'd won before Derby. And we were not remotely convincing in that 2-1 at The Valley. We have a better record against Millwall ☹
    Jones has got us playing better but this will be tough
  • Options
    edited March 5
    We’ve drawn nine times away from home this season. That’s the most in the league by two (Fleetwood, 7).

1st in away draws
    mid table in away losses
    23rd in away wins

Drawn: Portsmouth, Barnsley, Bolton, Stevenage, Northampton, Blackpool, Shrewsbury, Port Vale, Carlisle

Lost: Peterborough, Oxford, Orient, Bristol Rovers, Lincoln, Burton, Reading

Won: Wigan, Derby
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing their Kinsella. Will he be as good as our hero? I don't know if our teams confidence will be high, low or medium after Isted's disastrous blunder. If we score first we should settle down and win. I would rest Dobbo to avoid him getting a booking, then he just has one game to go before he can really get stuck in again.
  • Options
    Now bought the stream so will be concentrating on the live match rather than posting on here.

Thank Christ you all say.
  • Options
    6-1 to Charlton
  • Options
    Cheltenham who are obviously the equals of (Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City) . Why are so many on here “Happy to get a point”. We are playing Cheltenham one of the worst teams in our league. Do these fans really believe we are not a better side than Cheltenham. Is that how low our opinion of ourselves has dropped.  

These are truly sad times….
    Current firm belies their position. Terrible start to the season otherwise they would be mid table.

Harder game than Northampton & we'd better be on our toes defensively. Matty Taylor loves a goal.
    Since signing in January, Matt Taylor has scored 4 in 7.

He'll be confident. Not to be underestimated.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    5-2 Charlton win…….
  • Options
    A not very pleasing on the eye 1-1 draw.

Think Bakinson (assuming he's not injured or anything) will come back in replacing Coventry.

Isted
        REG Jones Gillesphy 
    Watson                   Small
           Bakinson Dobson
                  Anderson 
               May Ladapo 

AMB, Thomas, Edun, Coventry, Cámara, Campbell (Aneke if fit), Kanu
  • Options
    Happy with a ;point as long as we get three on Saturday.
  • Options
    They’ve not had a single shot on target in either of their last two matches, and only two in the match before that…

That's us fucked then...  2-0.
  • Options
    Alfie plays in the hole and we incinerate the little flappy birds of Gloucestershire 4-1.

Their goal comes in the 94th minute as Isted smashes a clearance against Lloyd Jones's massive arse and it dribbles over the line.

Come on you Reds!
  • Options
    Bang goes our hopes of victory tonight!!

• Options
    Jones has had a clear positive impact. Cheltenham will be fighting for their lives. It is a good test and the next stage is maintaining the progress and levels we have recently reached. If we do that, we win.
  • Options
    edited March 5

Gab Sutton (one of the best self made EFL pundits on Twitter IMO) says he’s going tonight and his record at Cheltenham this season is 2/2 losses for the home team.

One of these records has to break tonight…
  • Options

Gab Sutton (one of the best self made EFL pundits on Twitter IMO) says he’s going tonight and his record at Cheltenham this season is 2/2 losses for the home team.

One of these records has to break tonight…
    Bollocks, we all know what record that'll be then ;)
  • Options
    Don't know why but feeling very nervous about tonight. Hope we can score an early goal to settle the nerves.
    We got the early goal on Saturday but it didn’t calm my nerves 🤯
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:
    That chap Nathan Jones is starting to look like he might know what he’s doing so on this occasion I’m proposing to leave picking the team up to him. It’s a big responsibility for him but I’ve every confidence he will rise to the challenge…just don’t start Ladapo, save him for later in the game and play Kanu and Chuks upfront to batter the opposition defence with Alfie having a free rein behind them.
    you cannot start Chuks.....ever
    Nathan can, it’s the ‘managers’ that think Chuks can play up front and also run around at speed and cover 3 quarters of the pitch, wing to wing like May and Dobbo that shouldn’t start Chuks.

Chuks doesn’t need to run around to get the ball and keep two or three opposition defenders occupied because the ball goes to him (and he controls it)  and those defenders never leave his side 
    Just a reminder that Einstein's definition of madness is trying to do the same thing and expecting different results.
    '30 minute' Chuks is what we've got, and we should pray we can continue to have even that.
    There's actually no evidence Einstein ever said that. It's probable that Rita Mae Brown originated it but even that's not certain. It's very easy to misattribute quotes to Einstein I've heard

Absolute bollocks..... we all know the only thing that goes well with bitches is nice bread.
  • Options
    A loss tonight will be a big blow and will somewhat undo some of the good work we've put in recently 
  • Options
    1-2 after going behind
  • Options
    Looks like Alfie got a good reception from the Cheltenham fans when he stepped off the coach
  • Options
    edited March 5
    No Aneke - Unchanged starting eleven from Saturday
  • Options
    No Aneke or Camara in the 18
  • Options
    Don't know why but feeling very nervous about tonight. Hope we can score an early goal to settle the nerves.
    We got the early goal on Saturday but it didn’t calm my nerves 🤯
    We need a first half like Arsenal got in Sheffield last night to calm my nerves!
    We could be 0-15 up at halftime and I'd still be nervous we'd find a way to screw it up.
  • Options
    Unchanged;

Charlton: Isted; Edmonds-Green, Thomas, Gillesphey; T.Watson, Coventry, Dobson (c), Anderson, Small; May, Kanu

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Asiimwe, Jones, Hector, Bakinson, Campbell, Ladapo

• Options
    No Aneke - Unchanged starting eleven from Saturday
    That's probably another 6 weeks out then. Bugger.