Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    From what I understand we've stated May is NOT openly for sale, but we'll never not get offers for a phenomenal goal scorer at this level. 
    Good morning Wrexham? 🤔
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Redhenry said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Redhenry said:
    Regarding Alfie, I can always understand that it makes financial sense for clubs in our position to cash in on players when the fee is too good to turn down and or the player wants away. The cash can be used to help strengthen the squad and everyone’s happy. This is how I see it going with Miles at some point. What bothers me with the Alfie speculation is that we spent £250k and have a sell on clause with Cheltenham. He’s 31 going on 32 and I don’t believe for one second that we’re going to get anywhere near a £1 million let alone £1.5 million. We’re not going to have enough to replace what he gives us and it’s not even as if the player is pressing for a move. I think Jones, if it’s him, will live to regret this sale should it happen. He’ll straight away lose a lot of credit with fans.
    Why not 1/1.5m, how can you say we won't get that, it may even be more :). You just don't know what clubs are willing to pay...
    Always respect your opinion but we’ll have to disagree on this one. 
    My guess is more like £450k. 
    :-(

My feeling is you keep a player like May, because even if you recruit another striker who better suits the manager’s intended style of play, he’d be a demon coming off the bench at very least. Teams that get promoted have options. 
    No way we sell him for 450k :)
    I hope you’re right. 🤞 
    I’m trying to learn how to be less optimistic. 
    If he does go, it will be over 1m. We have turned down 800k already.
    At risk of derailing the rumours thread further when was the last time we sold a non academy graduate for 7 figures? Must be a while
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Redhenry said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Redhenry said:
    Regarding Alfie, I can always understand that it makes financial sense for clubs in our position to cash in on players when the fee is too good to turn down and or the player wants away. The cash can be used to help strengthen the squad and everyone’s happy. This is how I see it going with Miles at some point. What bothers me with the Alfie speculation is that we spent £250k and have a sell on clause with Cheltenham. He’s 31 going on 32 and I don’t believe for one second that we’re going to get anywhere near a £1 million let alone £1.5 million. We’re not going to have enough to replace what he gives us and it’s not even as if the player is pressing for a move. I think Jones, if it’s him, will live to regret this sale should it happen. He’ll straight away lose a lot of credit with fans.
    Why not 1/1.5m, how can you say we won't get that, it may even be more :). You just don't know what clubs are willing to pay...

My feeling is you keep a player like May, because even if you recruit another striker who better suits the manager’s intended style of play, he’d be a demon coming off the bench at very least. Teams that get promoted have options. 
    I hope you’re right. 🤞 
    At risk of derailing the rumours thread further when was the last time we sold a non academy graduate for 7 figures? Must be a while
    Bonne to QPR.
     Christ forgot they paid a fee for that, daylight robbery
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Redhenry said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Redhenry said:

I hope you’re right. 🤞 
    Bonne to QPR.
    He's so bad I forgot that happened!
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    supaclive said:
    It bothers me that our best 3 players have left /look set to leave  

We should be keeping them and building on it.

Fair enough replacing not good enough goalkeepers, central defenders and injury prone players or players simply not good enough.

May apparently has Huddersfield and other suitors...according to whatsapp messages shared earlier.

We should be keeping him.  And adding.  Not getting rid of him, having to replace him AND add to that also.

That is all.  Whoever Alfie joins, I'm happy to have a charity Upbeats bet ends up above Charlton this season and that Alfie scores more than our top goalscorer.   This potential sale makes no sense.   

If as @DubaiCAFC says we don't need the money, then why are we doing it....?!
    We’re paying fees for Edwards and Mitchell.. and I know two other players we are paying fees for..  When was the last time most of our transfer were involving fees, must been early RD days?

Alfie might well do that, but all I clear about is promotion! 

Jones has said, May won’t be a starter week in week out, and May said okay I’ll explore my options.. if we don’t get the right deal for Charlton he will stay.. nothing to do, with selling him to raise funds! 
    Ergo Jones doesn't fancy May otherwise you'd definitely start the League's best goalscorer to start frequently.

Nathan Jones is our manager.  He has my support but this one makes no sense to me 
     Maybe he sees him as always an option, but simply against some teams he isn't right... As shown by not scoring in 26 games (3 missed due to "reasons"). 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Ahadme is only 23 and was a proper handful for our defenders (low bar admittedly.  Nice and physical but had decent feet too.  He's good in the air and has very good feet.  Played with a bit of a swagger to him. A kind of arrogance.  Sounds familiar right?!

I don't expect him to be the second coming of Yann but I do think he's a really good player and will give us a new dimension.

Ask yourselves - look at the team during that "run" under Appleton and then ask yourself how many of those payers are likely to feature next season?  
    Look how much has changed behind the scenes in that time too
    And look how we performed once Nathan turned up.  NOT referring to the performances but the results - and that was using square pegs in round holes.
    So hopefully Nathan does actually have a clue what he's doing - moreso than all us experts on here - and let's just see how we get on with HIS assembled team as opposed to a load of guys bereft of confidence when he took over.

Whilst I always try to see the positives I am excited for the season.  I don't expect us to go unbeaten but I expect us to be a LOT harder to beat this season, and just a lot harder in general.
    If all the rumoured signings get sorted we will be quite intimidating for once.  
    Sounds as if it's a done deal?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TeeC said:
    Anyone else wanting Alfie to stay partly so they don’t have to tell their kids he’s left?
    100% - my boy won't understand why
    Wonder what Les would have made of it.

Standing on the terrace all those years ago with his radio up against his ear.  Hearing that Nelson had just gone and sold his leading Goalscorer for 333,000.pounds.

Derek Hales at the time was the 5th highest transfer between English clubs. Off the top of my head.  We of course had a replacement for him Mike Flanagan.

Bet Les and Chris are talking about this now.

Sorry for going off subject.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Ahadme... Back to the 'Djaiesemi Method' of signing players who performed against us.
    To be fair he been pretty good for Cambridge for a few years .. surprised no one else has taken a chance 

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Ahadme... Back to the 'Djaiesemi Method' of signing players who performed against us.
    To be fair he been pretty good for Cambridge for a few years .. surprised no one else has taken a chance 
    Never let the facts get in the way.
    Just continue posting crap.
    Isn’t that the same as everyone else, FFS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I don’t get the logic of cashing in on a top striker now because of his age?
    Especially to a club in the same league?
    Surely we’d get more spondoolies using his goals to get us promoted to the next level?
    Make it make sense 😫😫😫😫😫😫😫
    Hardly makes sense on the age part when we have just signed Berry imo who is older and we've given him a 2+1 year deal
    He was a free transfer where as we can get 1m ish for May and he’s value will only go down from here id imagine.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Ahadme is only 23 and was a proper handful for our defenders (low bar admittedly.  Nice and physical but had decent feet too.  He's good in the air and has very good feet.  Played with a bit of a swagger to him. A kind of arrogance.  Sounds familiar right?!

I don't expect him to be the second coming of Yann but I do think he's a really good player and will give us a new dimension.

Ask yourselves - look at the team during that "run" under Appleton and then ask yourself how many of those payers are likely to feature next season?  
    Look how much has changed behind the scenes in that time too
    And look how we performed once Nathan turned up.  NOT referring to the performances but the results - and that was using square pegs in round holes.
    So hopefully Nathan does actually have a clue what he's doing - moreso than all us experts on here - and let's just see how we get on with HIS assembled team as opposed to a load of guys bereft of confidence when he took over.

Whilst I always try to see the positives I am excited for the season.  I don't expect us to go unbeaten but I expect us to be a LOT harder to beat this season, and just a lot harder in general.
    If all the rumoured signings get sorted we will be quite intimidating for once.  

Ooh Matron Kenneth Williams GIFs  Tenor
  • Options
    A question would be would you take Ahadme and Reid from Stevenage for example as your two strikers next season and sell May have some profit and two younger players . Maybe that’s what they’re thinking behind the scenes.
  • Options
    Just being Devil's Advocate but how many penalties did Alfie score last season?
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I don’t get the logic of cashing in on a top striker now because of his age?
    Especially to a club in the same league?
    Surely we’d get more spondoolies using his goals to get us promoted to the next level?
    Make it make sense 😫😫😫😫😫😫😫
    Hardly makes sense on the age part when we have just signed Berry imo who is older and we've given him a 2+1 year deal
    Yeah don't mention that it doesn't fit the narrative lol 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    From what I understand we've stated May is NOT openly for sale, but we'll never not get offers for a phenomenal goal scorer at this level. 
    Good morning Wrexham? 🤔
    Hear Wrexham are going for  Tom Bradshaw from Millwall.