Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited June 18
    Gassan Ahadme is tipped to sign on the other forum.

& in fairness to them they were bang on about the unveiling of Luke Berry (they quoted about a week ago that he would be the next signing & announced wearing a Viglen shirt).

6'1 CF/ 10. Taking on the Chucks role I assume.

11 in 29 in the League last year according to transfer market.
  • Options
    edited June 18

& in fairness to them they were bang on about the unveiling of Luke Berry (they quoted about a week ago that he would be the next signing & announced wearing a Viglen shirt).
    Would be very happy with that, I’m liking the players we’re being linked with. Not sure how much he would cost though I thought he was highly rated at Ipswich.
  • Options
    FFS... there is our Ipswich signing for the Window then
  • Options
    I’m here I’m here.  

In all honesty, I was so wrapped up in the kids football this morning I forgot to ask him.  I’ve sent him a “oh by way..” WhatsApp message.  When I get it you get it, apologies for now.
    Absolutely brilliant … 😜 
    The best part of this is that he’s blanked my WhatsApp message.

Worst ITK on Charlton life and I deserve the stick..

However I’m seeing him Wednesday night and I’ll defo ask him then if he doesn’t reply to my message, he will have something like I said very very close to Alfie.
    Good morning, I have an update, I’m pasting the exact conversation:

Me: Forgot to ask you today, anything from Alfie May on the Huddersfield bid!?

Source: Only just noticed you sent me this mate.
    Alf is happy at Charlton but with his age the club are interested in making a profit on him if they can.
    Further reply:

Me: That doesn’t sound good Huddersfield got money to play with apparently, **** (my son) will be devastated 😂

Source: Yeah they have mate.
    I cant really say too much lol
    If it happens though I wouldn’t be surprised. They’re not the only ones interested though.
  • Options
    Is this to be one where the credible cash is splashed on a near certainty?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yann897 said:

Would be very happy with that, I’m liking the players we’re being linked with. Not sure how much he would cost though I thought he was highly rated at Ipswich.
    With them getting consecutive promotions and the money that brings they’d have moved on a few levels above what Ahadme can offer them.
  • Options
    1 rejected bid for May and Charlton Life is questioning if we should believe in Jones or not. 

I love the internet

Its obviously nothing to do with the bid is it, its the fact that Jones is willing to let May go at all. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    1 rejected bid for May and Charlton Life is questioning if we should believe in Jones or not. 

I love the internet

Its obviously nothing to do with the bid is it, its the fact that Jones is willing to let May go at all. 
    He's told you that has he?
  • Options
    shine166 said:

I love the internet

If it is in fact Jones' decision at all. Might be that the owners are applying the "business model" and have decided to try and cash in while May's stock is high.

I'm NOT saying this to defend it, I disagree with the logic. Just speculating on the possible reasoning they are using.
  • Options
    edited June 18
    shine166 said:

I love the internet

That’s in contrast with what my source said. 
    You might be right, but there’s nothing so far to indicate jones doesn’t like him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

I love the internet

That’s in contrast with what my source said. 
    You might be right, but there’s nothing so far to indicate jones doesn’t like him.
    There were a lot of rumours from people at the club Jones wasn’t too keen on May and wanted two big athletic strikers add that to the fact he kept subbing him early , no smoke without fire.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I would be surprised if we see Alfie in a charlton shirt again unfortunately.. Seems to be Huddersfield number 1 target.. 
    What have Charlton become if they can’t repel the advances of mighty Huddersfield! Used to be Prem and Championship clubs that would steal all our best players, now it’s League One teams!
    Why is he being stolen? What if he dosent fit in NJ’s plans which is why he’s being SOLD? 
    To a rival in the same league! It’s an admission of mid table ambitions if we can’t turn down bids from rivals in the same league. Why can’t we keep him and add more strikers. We paid £250k for him and once Cheltenham take their cut it won’t leave enough to replace him. The ‘good business’ angle doesn’t make sense, not if we’re serious about promotion.
    That’s not stolen though is it? We are a league one team literally every player is for sale at the right price. You’re making assumptions without knowing who will replace him. 
  • Options
    Yann897 said:
    TEL said:
    Fed up seeing the trust in Jones comments. Trust is earned and half a season with Alfies goals keeping us in the division, doesnt mean we should blindly trust in the messiah that Jones is being made out to be.

Utter madness to even consider letting May go.....but the bonkers regime sanctioned George going so let’s see if they have learnt anything.
    Well straight away we’ve improved on Dobson with Berry so we’ll have to wait and see, I personally wouldn’t sell May but teams that do well have a good style and system and if Jones doesn’t think that includes May then so be it.

I hope so but let's wait and see him play first.
  • Options
    Yann897 said:
    TEL said:
    Fed up seeing the trust in Jones comments. Trust is earned and half a season with Alfies goals keeping us in the division, doesnt mean we should blindly trust in the messiah that Jones is being made out to be.

Utter madness to even consider letting May go.....but the bonkers regime sanctioned George going so let’s see if they have learnt anything.
    Well straight away we’ve improved on Dobson with Berry so we’ll have to wait and see, I personally wouldn’t sell May but teams that do well have a good style and system and if Jones doesn’t think that includes May then so be it.

I hope so but let's wait and see him play first.
    Well most people have seen him play, technically a much better player and played at higher level for several seasons so I’d say it’s definitely an upgrade.
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

No disrespect to Ahadme but I think Ipswich might have outgrown him so will be looking to upgrade and move him on. 
  • Options
    We get the same trope every season. Players will be fitter & better than last year.

Who was it that had the players fitter than ever as they had noticed that they were running out of steam after 70 mins...Holden ?? How did THAT go last season. 

And then the perennial "wait until the window closes before assessing the squad...". Thing is, once the window closes it's too late to do anything. At least Jones realises that. It just depends on whether the SMT/Andy Scott really do want to back him or just want to square the books. 

If you take May out of the team you have to find 20+ goals from somewhere. Be it another 20+ striker (doubt it) or goals from elsewhere. Berry might chip in with more than Dobbo/Fraser/Bakinson did, but you still need to find those extra goals from somewhere.....and we haven't yet replaced CBT contribution either. 
    I’d agree normally agree on your point about as that along with injuries have been issues for years, however the club appear to have put some proper investment in that area with Will Abbott joining from Brighton. That gives me real hope we’ll see a genuine improvement.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Let’s face it, the squad hasn’t been good enough for last 3 seasons, and they included fan favourites, like it or not, they are haven’t been good enough for promotion, that is either ability or mentality or both! My comments not everyone will agree, but that is a fact. Personally I am excited by that changes behind the scenes, the attitude of jones, and the fact the clubs attitude is no one is bigger than the club.

negative people will always find holes they are not happy with.. this will be a good season, and will be a busy couple of weeks!
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist

If we lose May we need to replace his goals.  We haven't replaced CBT's goals and assists yet either nor arguably improved our defence (on paper).

Dobson was our best player over the last 3 years.

Jones wants players in before 27 June.

I genuinely want things to be much better than before.  Can't see them being worse thankfully. 

However we should have signed two forwards on the quiet before the Alfie news broke.   In my humble.  Now teams will know we are in desperate need of a centre forward and I'm underplaying the desperation!
    You say we havnt replaced cbt goals and I don’t know the stats but certainly feels we scored more or atleast the same the second half of the season . It’s not what an individual can do it’s what the team can do , same as May yes he scored 20 goals but that could potentially spread between 2/3 players and have a more balanced dangerous squad.