Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    If we do sell May it will be a copy of what happened when that idiot Duchatelet came in and sold Yann. The new management then said - well how good can he be ? - the team is nearly bottom of the Championship and we can get better replacements in - eg Polish Pete, Vetokele, Tucadean. 
    None of them proved to be anywhere near Yann’s level and those of us who had watched all his games knew that. It’s one of those ideas where there is always something or someone better around the corner.
    May is a proven goal scorer ( twice over !) at League 1 level. Charlton would be stupid to sell him.  
    Except that one wasn’t sanctioned by the manager. And also this ‘new management’ were the ones that brought him in.

No one knows if he’ll go and no one knows how it will pan out, but with all his goals last season, we came 16th and finished in our worst ever league position. We must improve the squad and if selling May is the only way we can do that then so be it. I’ll be gutted to lose him, but Jones knows what he wants and I have far more faith in him then anyone else who have been running this club for the past 8-10 years.
    That’s such a low bar the limbo option is out, you’ll need to tunnel under it. 
  • Options
    It is such a weak, and lazy argument to point fingers at the likes of May, Dobson and CBT as a reason why we have been finishing so poorly. It is quite literally every other Charlton player except those 3 (with the exception of Kanu & Small).

We needed to keep them, and sign better players to help them, like Luke Berry and Alex Mitchell. Not let them go and start over again.

We would be playing league2 football next season if it wasn't for those 3, but people will use them in a negative light to push their agenda.
    There is no pointing fingers or pushing of agendas. No one is blaming any of those players for poor performance of the team around them.

All three are good players for the level we’re at. All three will have to be properly replaced, either directly or through a change of system. 

But this is just football. League One players come and League One players go. If the current manager wants a fee to put back into the team he’s building more than he wants to keep that particular player, we have no choice but to trust their judgement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEL said:
    Fed up seeing the trust in Jones comments. Trust is earned and half a season with Alfies goals keeping us in the division, doesnt mean we should blindly trust in the messiah that Jones is being made out to be.

Utter madness to even consider letting May go.....but the bonkers regime sanctioned George going so let’s see if they have learnt anything.
    What’s the alternative? Don’t trust in Jones?

Is Jones untrustworthy? Is the suggestion that he doesn’t have the best interests of Charlton Athletic at heart?
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Fed up seeing the trust in Jones comments. Trust is earned and half a season with Alfies goals keeping us in the division, doesnt mean we should blindly trust in the messiah that Jones is being made out to be.

Utter madness to even consider letting May go.....but the bonkers regime sanctioned George going so let’s see if they have learnt anything.
    Well straight away we’ve improved on Dobson with Berry so we’ll have to wait and see, I personally wouldn’t sell May but teams that do well have a good style and system and if Jones doesn’t think that includes May then so be it.
  • Options
    May wont go. I stake my reputation on it. 😀

What reputation? ; )
    Of being a whine-d up merchant  B)
  • Options
    edited June 18
    Are we being linked with any top players or just likely to lose our best ones ? Heard Sorensen might be going Huddersfield ,so aswell as being after may they are after another top player seems we aren't as loaded as we say we are..
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    supaclive said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    If we do sell May it will be a copy of what happened when that idiot Duchatelet came in and sold Yann. The new management then said - well how good can he be ? - the team is nearly bottom of the Championship and we can get better replacements in - eg Polish Pete, Vetokele, Tucadean. 
    None of them proved to be anywhere near Yann’s level and those of us who had watched all his games knew that. It’s one of those ideas where there is always something or someone better around the corner.
    May is a proven goal scorer ( twice over !) at League 1 level. Charlton would be stupid to sell him.  
    Except that one wasn’t sanctioned by the manager. And also this ‘new management’ were the ones that brought him in.

No one knows if he’ll go and no one knows how it will pan out, but with all his goals last season, we came 16th and finished in our worst ever league position. We must improve the squad and if selling May is the only way we can do that then so be it. I’ll be gutted to lose him, but Jones knows what he wants and I have far more faith in him then anyone else who have been running this club for the past 8-10 years.
    Why is selling him the only way we can improve the squad?!  Thought we were "really backing" the manager in the window and our owners are (multiple) billionaires.

I don't think selling him improves our squad.
    He wasn't the reason we finished 16th but we must certainly would have finished below that position without him!
    How about waiting and see where we are at once the window has closed and see if we are in a stronger position.. if you ask my opinion, we will see a different Charlton this year, and the players left from last season, will be sharper, fitter and stronger
    Have you heard of any names being lined up to replace him ? 
    If so, are the same calibre. I have no problem moving any player on there just needs to be a plan 
  • Options
    It's not just the fact of possibly weakening ourselves by letting May go, but actively strengthening our rivals which I think is madness.

If Jones is set on letting him go ffs can't we find a lower champ club that would take him?? Even if they are offering a few 100k less than Hudds surely its better than almost garaunteeing a promotion rival goals??
  • Options
    Steven81 said:
    Are we being linked with any top players or just likely to lose our best ones ? Heard Sorensen might be going Huddersfield ,so aswell as being after may they are after another top player seems we aren't as loaded as we say we are..
    I like Sorensen but would like to see a fully fit and raring to go Ramsey. I don’t think he’s had a chance to show yet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Steven81 said:
    I like Sorensen but can’t see us needing any more full backs with Ramsey , Small, Edwards & Watson. That’s without Edun and assimwe which I’d sell and loan.
  • Options
    Steven81 said:
    Very narrow way of looking at it. 

Club will be going after players they want and who will fit the system. Also Sorensen is decent but don't want our pants pulled down over a price and waste time negotiating when we could be looking at other players.
  • Options
    Fit the system yeah ok you'd think we finished in the playoffs last year and had the luxury of letting out best players go we should be building around them and getting in better players place is filled with SMT mouthpieces all on the reams shaft.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Another name that has been mentioned albeit very briefly is in our sights too.  A good age, he caught the eye last season and is surplus to requirements I would think.  We will see if we can have him

I’m gassan he played on loan at Cambridge last season? 
  • Options
    edited June 18
    Gassan Ahadme would be a very good signing but feels like another that would be a great compliment to Alfie as opposed to a replacement.