Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    To paraphrase the old stockmarket adage: Sell May and go away
  • Options
    I am totally against selling May but if he did go for 1.5 mil then doesn't he get 20% of that....would be 300K for someone nearing the end of his career....so would be a good move for him.....not us
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    ct_addick said:
    I am totally against selling May but if he did go for 1.5 mil then doesn't he get 20% of that....would be 300K for someone nearing the end of his career....so would be a good move for him.....not us
    Where have you got that from? Sounded like there's a sell on clause for Cheltenham from their version of Cawley, but I don't think players are guaranteed to get a set % of a transfer fee.
    Depends on the contract signed surely.
  • Options
    Huddersfield will pay him a signing on fee (rather than us). That, not getting on with NJ & being a starter under Duff will be Alfie’s motivations to leave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I would be surprised if we see Alfie in a charlton shirt again unfortunately.. Seems to be Huddersfield number 1 target.. 
    What have Charlton become if they can’t repel the advances of mighty Huddersfield! Used to be Prem and Championship clubs that would steal all our best players, now it’s League One teams!
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    To paraphrase the old stockmarket adage: Sell May and go away
    I prefer Sell May and Buy Mbappé.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I would be surprised if we see Alfie in a charlton shirt again unfortunately.. Seems to be Huddersfield number 1 target.. 
    What have Charlton become if they can’t repel the advances of mighty Huddersfield! Used to be Prem and Championship clubs that would steal all our best players, now it’s League One teams!
    Why is he being stolen? What if he dosent fit in NJ’s plans which is why he’s being SOLD? 
  • Options
    Huddersfield will pay him a signing on fee (rather than us). That, not getting on with NJ & being a starter under Duff will be Alfie’s motivations to leave.
    And why not at his age.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    sralan said:
    LTKapal said:
    We've enquired about Ray Charles. 

Fixed it for you😏

Didn't see that one coming 
     Neither did Ray.

• Options
    edited June 17
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Why is he being stolen? What if he dosent fit in NJ’s plans which is why he’s being SOLD? 
    Will be a very brave move by Jones.

The fans enthusiasm for him will very quickly fade if we do not get off to a flyer.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Will be a very brave move by Jones.

The fans enthusiasm for him will very quickly fade if we do not get off to a flyer.
    I mean, that’s what he’s paid to do at the end of the day. He’s been given a remit to build a squad that he thinks can set us up for success. He has experience doing that and it’s why he was given big moves from Luton twice, now they didn’t work out but what he did at Luton is a big enough case study over an extended period of time to warrant some belief that his choices and abilities at building teams is justified 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Buying him for £250K and selling him 12 months later for £1M is a steal?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where is all this wild speculation about selling May coming from?

Other than acknowledging Huddersfield have made a bid and may up their bid, after the club rejected it, is all I’ve seen or heard.

Where is the rest of the info coming from, that’s sent everyone into a frenzy, as though it’s fact, where are the facts? 
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    If we do sell May it will be a copy of what happened when that idiot Duchatelet came in and sold Yann. The new management then said - well how good can he be ? - the team is nearly bottom of the Championship and we can get better replacements in - eg Polish Pete, Vetokele, Tucadean. 
    None of them proved to be anywhere near Yann’s level and those of us who had watched all his games knew that. It’s one of those ideas where there is always something or someone better around the corner.
    May is a proven goal scorer ( twice over !) at League 1 level. Charlton would be stupid to sell him.  
    He didn’t sell Yann, he left at the end of his contract as we didn’t put a decent deal on the table 
    Nope he was sold in the January.
  • Options
    edited June 18
    If we do sell May it will be a copy of what happened when that idiot Duchatelet came in and sold Yann. The new management then said - well how good can he be ? - the team is nearly bottom of the Championship and we can get better replacements in - eg Polish Pete, Vetokele, Tucadean. 
    None of them proved to be anywhere near Yann’s level and those of us who had watched all his games knew that. It’s one of those ideas where there is always something or someone better around the corner.
    May is a proven goal scorer ( twice over !) at League 1 level. Charlton would be stupid to sell him.  
    Except that one wasn’t sanctioned by the manager. And also this ‘new management’ were the ones that brought him in.

No one knows if he’ll go and no one knows how it will pan out, but with all his goals last season, we came 16th and finished in our worst ever league position. We must improve the squad and if selling May is the only way we can do that then so be it. I’ll be gutted to lose him, but Jones knows what he wants and I have far more faith in him then anyone else who has been running this club for the past 8-10 years.