Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Tash is never wrong.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I would be surprised if we see Alfie in a charlton shirt again unfortunately.. Seems to be Huddersfield number 1 target.. 
    Have you heard why that is, as I don't see what is has to do with him being Huddersfield no.1 target. 

Is it Alfie wanting to leave, Jones pushing him out, or owners wanting to make a quick profit after a year?
    Going to say a mixture of things, wouldn’t say it’s the owners.. Won’t be the first name on Jones team sheet, Huddersfield willing to offer a good payrise..

Every keeps going on about losing May, CBT and Dobson.. maybe not these guys fault, but let’s not forget, they have all been in bottom to mid table league 1 side, and all unproven if they can do it any higher, if we are bringing in an higher calibre of player, we’ll i am good with them going.. I think next 10 days, things going to ramp up..

I would say, this week we might see, Berry, Edwards, Mitchell, Davies plus one other..

One other being a striker to replace May?

Even if some disagree whether getting say £1m+ for him is a good thing, I'd have thought the majority can agree it definitely be madness to sell him without signing a good replacement first.
    Do I think it is good idea to sell, no.. do I think he could do a job as a 10 yes, as Jones is going to go with 2 big athletic forwards. 

But Jones is certainly in charge of the recruitment this time, so he is taking a big gamble here, but we have to trust what he wants to do.. The club are backing him with what he wants, and apart from Blair, we haven’t missed any of his targets so far..
  • Options
    That is interesting in as much as I think I read Edward’s release trigger was £90,000 but that reports £150,000.
    I will find it interesting to see the figures for the net spend or the net income once the transfer window closes.
    It isn’t an exact science, but by then we might have an idea as to how much the multitude of Billionaires have splashed the cash.
  • Options
    Journalists seem to be having debates about whether Edwards is a 5 or 6 figure sum! Been going on for some time. 
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I would be surprised if we see Alfie in a charlton shirt again unfortunately.. Seems to be Huddersfield number 1 target.. 
    Have you heard why that is, as I don't see what is has to do with him being Huddersfield no.1 target. 

Is it Alfie wanting to leave, Jones pushing him out, or owners wanting to make a quick profit after a year?
    Going to say a mixture of things, wouldn’t say it’s the owners.. Won’t be the first name on Jones team sheet, Huddersfield willing to offer a good payrise..

Every keeps going on about losing May, CBT and Dobson.. maybe not these guys fault, but let’s not forget, they have all been in bottom to mid table league 1 side, and all unproven if they can do it any higher, if we are bringing in an higher calibre of player, we’ll i am good with them going.. I think next 10 days, things going to ramp up..

I would say, this week we might see, Berry, Edwards, Mitchell, Davies plus one other..

I really appreciate all the bits of info you share from your sources Dubai, but not sure about you trying to spin their decisions positively, n failing… Alfie May would of scored goals for any top team in league one last year, it feels like the decision is very much based on the whims, likes n dislikes of NJ
    It is a fact, have any of the players I mentioned done it at a higher level? 
    CBT struggled at Derby, we know Dobson and May haven’t done it at a higher level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    That is interesting in as much as I think I read Edward’s release trigger was £90,000 but that reports £150,000.
    I will find it interesting to see the figures for the net spend or the net income once the transfer window closes.
    It isn’t an exact science, but by then we might have an idea as to how much the multitude of Billionaires have splashed the cash.
    Surely would have to wait for this year's accounts to come out to see that? That won't be for a while yet!
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

"If" is a concern. It must be "when" we are bringing in a higher calibre of player. 

It's madness to sell May before a replacement has been officially secured. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Out of interest, do you have an examples of a higher calibre player than Alfie May? I can’t really think of any that we could realistic sign. 

Theo Bair certainly isn’t higher calibre and is unproven outside of one decent season in Scotland, and it even looks like he’s way out of our reach. Same goes for Etete, although that looks more possible to get a deal done. 

It just seems bonkers to sell your best player to a league rival. 
    We as fans have watched our shower of shite year after year and I would expect 99% of us haven't seen better players in our own building than Dobson and May (and CBT for what he offered us) yet we are supposed to believe that who we are recruiting are suddenly going to change our fortunes whilst at the same time losing our two best players last season and for seasons before?

Huddersfield rate Alfie May.   The stats show we should rate him too.   Goal after goal, season after season.

Still can't agree on this one.   I think Mitchell on paper looks better than our current centre halves - but Cambridge were gutted losing Lloyd Jones and voted him their player of the season too.   So I don't know if Mitchell is better than what we have yet.   Is he to centre halves what Alfie May is to centre forwards in this division - the best of the best for the last 3 seasons?....

Berry has to be an improvement on the rest of our midfield options I would hazard a guess.   The new keeper - better than our current 2 keepers?   Nobody knows.

Again, the one standout player we have left in our squad - going on our opinion as fans, opposition fans and STATS - we are getting rid of.

It doesn't add up.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    We've enquired about Dion Charles
    Source? Seen him mentioned elsewhere but I read it as he’s the right type rather than we’re after him.

Can’t see why he’d leave Bolton to come here and us paying the sort of fee it would likely take.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Another name that has been mentioned albeit very briefly is in our sights too.  A good age, he caught the eye last season and is surplus to requirements I would think.  We will see if we can have him

Penny Lover - we are signing Matt Penney again, must mean Small is off.
    Size of those hands...
      Could do a job in goal.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    LTKapal said:
    0 chance.
    Never said it would happen but the enquiry has been made.
    Source: Charles himself. 

Would take that all day long and would suit a jones team . Very interesting 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LTKapal said:
    LTKapal said:
    0 chance.
    Worth noting that Charles was told when he signed for Bolton which sold him on the project that they'd be in the champ by now. 

I did mention this last summer not sure if anybody remembers.

Interesting. Could it be that he has a release clause that makes him a lot more affordable after they failed to get promoted?
  • Options
    Alfie May last 3 years L1 goals = 63 for teams who finished bottom half.  Age 30.

Dion Charles last 3 yrs L1 goals = 38 for a team that finished in play offs. Age 28.
    Playing devils advocate here as I would rather May over Charles all day long, but:

May between 26-28 years old playing for a team in the playoffs, a team that got promoted - both in the league below, and one L1 season = 39 goals.
  • Options
    Charles would be one the few players I could vaguely understand as a replacement for May. However I expect he'll be wanting championship football. 
  • Options
    No chance Charles comes to us (wish he would as I think we could do it in the championship)
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Scoham said:
    LTKapal said:
    LTKapal said:
    0 chance.
    Worth noting that Charles was told when he signed for Bolton which sold him on the project that they'd be in the champ by now. 

I did mention this last summer not sure if anybody remembers.

Interesting. Could it be that he has a release clause that makes him a lot more affordable after they failed to get promoted?
    No release clause, Dion just has aspirations 
    He should stay at Bolton in that case
  • Options
    Dion Charles. How tall is he ? Seriously. Is he the physical presence NJ seems to like ?