Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Berry judging by the pic
  • Yep, Berry incoming
  • edited June 17
    An image of Charlton badge with a pack of mixed berries under it. (which are already out of date which bodes well.)
  • Berry good

• Smithy said:
    The fact that the berries in the picture expired on 12 June either suggests that the media was all prepared last week or we're admitting that Berry is well past it

Judging by the follow up video on X it looks like we have been sitting on this announcement for a week - I reckon we might have 3 or 4 in already and we are just spreading out the announcements and I'm more than OK with that.
  • When Rich Cawley is posting things like:

’Nathan Jones made some unpopular decisions at Luton but they turned out to be good decisions in the end’

&

’Charlton expect an improved offer from Huddersfield’

…you know Alfie is going. 

Just need to wait for a price to be agreed (& hopefully a replacement to be found) & then it will be announced.
    I think you're right.

It's all very well making unpopular decisions but selling by far our best striker (if we do) is total madness. It'll weaken our team & I can't see us spending the cash to bring in someone who's likely to score anywhere near what Alfie has. It's all very well to talk about spreading the goals around the team & that would be great but those kind of players aren't easy to bring in & how many would we need to replace Alfie's goals ? Just doesn't make sense.
  • Swisdom said:
    I'm currently sunning myself in Dartford-upon-Kent

At my desk

And no, I haven't seen Aflie and I'm not going to breach his privacy by concocting a reason to go and knock on his door.
    I actually found this house for him and one of the selling points of it is the privacy and lack of obtrusive neighbours.  What will be will be
    Maybe a tap on the window?? .....
  • Sponsored links:

• Smithy said:
    The fact that the berries in the picture expired on 12 June either suggests that the media was all prepared last week or we're admitting that Berry is well past it

Judging by the follow up video on X it looks like we have been sitting on this announcement for a week - I reckon we might have 3 or 4 in already and we are just spreading out the announcements and I'm more than OK with that.

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw Edwards this afternoon , don't think Alex Mitchell will be today and not sure how advanced any of the other names like Davies or Etete even are. 
  • Why save them all up for a day of announcements (assuming we get 1, 2 or 3 more today).  Reams was posting last week Berry was done and photos with an old shirt were done and he posted today 5 are pretty much done, maybe 6. 
    Lots of positive signing news in one day would be useful to hide an outgoing.... Or am I too cynical. 🤣
  • Smithy said:

Why would be sitting on it for almost a week ?  Makes no sense.

Sounds like Berry was mulling over his options before deciding over the weekend. 
  • Luke Berry 👀📄✍️
  • edited June 17
    IF.....and very big IF, we sell Alfie then I just bloody hope they have a very good replacement lined up, otherwise I can see things going tits up very quickly. 
  • Smithy said:

Sounds like Berry was mulling over his options before deciding over the weekend. 
    You don’t film a signing video in your new teams kit unless you’ve signed so doubt he was mulling anything by that stage. 

Sadly I feel we’ll announce a few in a row to soften Alfie leaving. Hope I’m wrong.
  • Smithy said:

I mean... I'm only judging on the video where you literally see somebody go into Sainsburies and purchase the pack of berries it's not that deep lol I suppose it's possible they had a 5 days out of date pack sitting there without reduction stickers or anything on them that we picked up this morning... or we filmed the video a week ago and chopped in the final shot this morning but it seems like an awful lot of effort to go to..
  • Sponsored links:

• Smithy said:

Yeah and he did the photoshoot and everything before mulling over his options? 

🤡
  • Old shirt a hint at the kit for next season?
  • Smithy said:

sounds nothing like that
  • Swisdom said:
    Smithy said:

I was told about Berry in April.  I think it was pretty much sorted back then.  Who knows why these things take so long to get finalised but the bottom line is, it's done.
    Premier League pedigree.  a good signing and massively popular with Luton's fans.  What's not to love.  Sounds like he's one of those players you need in the dressing room and that fans get behind.

As for Mitchell - "Big, tough, leader" is the description I was given.  So just what we need again.

Not just changing the playing squad, we are changing the mentality.  Might not be pretty but the results will hopefully speak for themselves

Wonder if Berry could also be a candidate for captain? Seems to fit the mould of someone that could be an option. 
  • Is mulling over his options this windows " Terry Taylor is going to be like a new signing " 😂😂😂
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Smithy said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw Edwards this afternoon , don't think Alex Mitchell will be today and not sure how advanced any of the other names like Davies or Etete even are. 
    There is a Millwall fan on one of the Charlton Facebook groups who is adamant Mitchell is already a done deal, so hopefully we will hear something soon.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!