Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    thought I’d just add some more irrelevance to the thread in an attempt to get to 200 pages before we announce our second signing or first purchase.  The good old days!

https://x.com/1968tv/status/1801999984734130570?s=61&t=F2eH3vDESb2i_UUXi2-6ww
    I was there
  • Options
    Okay its 5 o clock in the morning, over here in Madeira, just woke up, first thoughts, ooo I haven’t been on Charlton life for a bit to see what BR7’s got to say about Alfie’s transfer, which is in the balance, and could define next season.

Doesn’t look like there’s anything to report, I’m off back to bed!

Wake me up, when you go go.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I thought Coventry was better than Bakinson last season.
    High praise indeed , I mean Bakinson was pony at best 
    I was being obtuse.
    Bakinson was better than Fiorini.
  • Options
    edited June 16
    FFS, it’s so bloody quiet.

Can’t someone just make something up, so we can have a good squabble for 20 pages and more.

We have accepted a bid of £300K for Alfie May from Huddersfield and thrown Small into the bargain for free. 

The Millwall Mitchell has decided he doesn't want to sign and will now be going to Leyton Orient instead as they offered more money than we can afford.

Leaburn is talking to Palace and Kanu to Millwall.

Jones is in hospital with hypothermia after falling down one of the car park potholes a week ago and only just being found.

Oh, and Southall is an unnamed owner in our consortium with a 51% controlling stake.

With the players back for pre season training end of June, the next 2 weeks could be said to be crucial.

Is that ok? 
    RonnieMoore now posting all of this as fact as we speak. 

Ah...but who really knows the truth, are we really here or are we all living in a parallel universe...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can’t someone just make something up, so we can have a good squabble for 20 pages and more.

We have accepted a bid of £300K for Alfie May from Huddersfield and thrown Small into the bargain for free. 

The Millwall Mitchell has decided he doesn't want to sign and will now be going to Leyton Orient instead as they offered more money than we can afford.

Jones is in hospital with hypothermia after falling down one of the car park potholes a week ago and only just being found.

Oh, and Southall is an unnamed owner in our consortium with a 51% controlling stake.

With the players back for pre season training end of June, the next 2 weeks could be said to be crucial.

Is that ok? 
    Perfect!

Let the squabbling begin;)
  • Options
    @BR7_addick joining the long list of those saying one thing & then not delivering 🙄.
    Oi!!
  • Options

Div Mubama on my wish list. 
  • Options
    Glad to hear they have fished out Jones from the car park pot hole. Perhaps we can get a few new players signed up now.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I thought Coventry was better than Bakinson last season.
    High praise indeed , I mean Bakinson was pony at best 

At best he took that long pass from George with a good touch in the box and scored a tidy goal; I would say he was pony at worse but again we do need better to be top six and contenders.
  • Options
    I'd expect Bakinson to get a League 1 club but I'd hope we have our sights higher. 
  • Options
    edited June 16
    Estate agent mate has just told me that Alfie has been in looking at houses round Surrey Quays....🤔
  • Options

Is that ok? 
    at least Lyle has signed
  • Options
    edited June 16
    Interested that Cawley said we were looking at 6/7 different keepers as options in the SLP podcast. I am assuming we are looking for an experienced goalie.

We presume that Davies and Ruddy are two of them 

Who are the others ? James Shea of Luton ? Christian Walton of Ipswich?  Bartosz Bialkowski of Millwall? Perhaps.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:
    Interested that Cawley said we were looking at 6/7 different keepers as options in the SLP podcast. I am assuming we are looking for an experienced goalie.

Who are the others ? James Shea of Luton ? Christian Walton of Ipswich?  Bartosz Bialkowski of Millwall? Perhaps.
    Let’s hope we find out soon.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Richard J said:
    Interested that Cowley said we were looking at 6/7 keepers in the SLP podcast. I am assuming we are looking for an experienced goalie.

6 to 7 keepers?  Won't concede then.
    If we sell May then we won't be scoring goals so might as well stop them at the other end.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Speak for yourself, mate!;)
  • Options
    Just an idea.  How about we wait until we sign a player and then discuss him?  No?  Alright then.
    This might help you … 
  • Options
    I’m here I’m here.  

In all honesty, I was so wrapped up in the kids football this morning I forgot to ask him.  I’ve sent him a “oh by way..” WhatsApp message.  When I get it you get it, apologies for now.
    Absolutely brilliant … 😜 
  • Options

Can someone (@Stig ? ) redo our badge with a silhouette of something shooting themselves in the foot replacing the hand and sword?
    That's the spirit!
  • Options
    I’m here I’m here.  

In all honesty, I was so wrapped up in the kids football this morning I forgot to ask him.  I’ve sent him a “oh by way..” WhatsApp message.  When I get it you get it, apologies for now.
    Absolutely brilliant … 😜 
    The best part of this is that he’s blanked my WhatsApp message.

Worst ITK on Charlton life and I deserve the stick..

However I’m seeing him Wednesday night and I’ll defo ask him then if he doesn’t reply to my message, he will have something like I said very very close to Alfie.
  • Options
    I’m here I’m here.  

Absolutely brilliant … 😜 

However I’m seeing him Wednesday night and I’ll defo ask him then if he doesn’t reply to my message, he will have something like I said very very close to Alfie.

Up at 5am again for me, don't let me down :D
  • Options
    edited June 16
    I’m here I’m here.  

Absolutely brilliant … 😜 

....😂

• Options
    I’m here I’m here.  

Absolutely brilliant … 😜 

Well personally speaking I shan't be holding my breath in anticipation, anyway we will probably have sold him for a pittance by then.