Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    So…NJ’s off and Alfie is now interim manager 🤔
    Thanks Colin
    It was nothing really 😉
  • Options
    Just an idea.  How about we wait until we sign a player and then discuss him?  No?  Alright then.
    Not sure you've got the gist of this thread..😉

Bloody amateur, barred 
  • Options
    @BR7_addick...your 15 minutes of fame start now...off you go
    Oh the suspense!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Coventry is a classic ‘if’ player.

Better if he has better players around him. 
    Better if he replicates his performance against Deby. 
    Better if he learns to tackle. 
    Bottom line is, he’ll be a lynchpin next season only if he improves, and improves quite a lot. 
    We’ve had too many of these nearly players in recent years. Let’s look for something closer to the finished article. Players who look good with the ball at their feet, like Cullen, Gallagher, or Ricky Holmes.
    I hope he does improve and can fit in with a winning side, but from what we’ve seen of him so far, that’s anything but a certainty. On the plus side he did play a couple of very nice passes that led to goals, but we need more of those for him to be a success. 

At the moment for me he is in the Angus Fraser category, not the Cullen category. Some nice touches but not able to control the game, and certainly not a replacement for Dobson in the defensive part of the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m here I’m here.  

In all honesty, I was so wrapped up in the kids football this morning I forgot to ask him.  I’ve sent him a “oh by way..” WhatsApp message.  When I get it you get it, apologies for now.

How many times has he played for the scum this Mitchell fella ?
    My scum mates never heard of h

No need to apologise mate
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    £1.5M for Alfie, but priceless for us to get of this division. 
    Priceless?

There’s been nine teams promoted in the last three years of Alfie being in this league and none of them had him in it.

I like him. And I’m not saying he’s holding us back.

But our chances of actually achieving anything as a football club are not joined to Alfie May’s hip.
    How many had the players he’s got around him? Such a stupid argument. They were all round better teams. We’re not. And I can’t see that changing in one summer. 
  • Options
    I’m here I’m here.  

In all honesty, I was so wrapped up in the kids football this morning I forgot to ask him.  I’ve sent him a “oh by way..” WhatsApp message.  When I get it you get it, apologies for now.

• Options
    edited June 15
    Ferryman said:
    £1.5M for Alfie, but priceless for us to get of this division. 
    Priceless?

There’s been nine teams promoted in the last three years of Alfie being in this league and none of them had him in it.

I like him. And I’m not saying he’s holding us back.

But our chances of actually achieving anything as a football club are not joined to Alfie May’s hip.
    How many had the players he’s got around him? Such a stupid argument. They were all round better teams. We’re not. And I can’t see that changing in one summer. 
    We’re not making the same argument.

I would keep him. I think our chances are better with him.

I don’t think our chances are zero without him. Which is what I took “priceless to us getting out of the division” to mean.
  • Options
    Doesn’t Ronnie Moore run a kids football team….Mmmm
    what a coincidence.🤔
  • Options
    Doesn’t Ronnie Moore run a kids football team….Mmmm
    what a coincidence.🤔

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    thought I’d just add some more irrelevance to the thread in an attempt to get to 200 pages before we announce our second signing or first purchase.  The good old days!

https://x.com/1968tv/status/1801999984734130570?s=61&t=F2eH3vDESb2i_UUXi2-6ww
  • Options
    edited June 15
    I.
  • Options
    I.

Yes? What is it?
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    thought I’d just add some more irrelevance to the thread in an attempt to get to 200 pages before we announce our second signing or first purchase.  The good old days!

Did you have to pick a game where @RonnieMoore was our leader?  🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️😉
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    RoanRedNY said:

Did you have to pick a game where @RonnieMoore was our leader?  🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️😉
    Don’t even remember that game on MOTD.

Two goals passed an England keeper , hope that’s not a bad sign.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    I.

Yes? What is it?
    I ClaVdiVs!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    RoanRedNY said:

Did you have to pick a game where @RonnieMoore was our leader?  
    Just shows how thorough Brazil were in prep for World Cup knowing Seaman was shite at looping balls over his head!
  • Options
    I’m here I’m here.  

"Are you Ronnie,
    Are you Ronnie,
    Are you Ronnie,
    Are you Ronnie in disguise?"

Only joking BR7

The fact there is one too many ‘are your Ronnie’s in this is killing my OCD!
    Good
  • Options
    I’m here I’m here.  

"Are you Ronnie,
    Are you Ronnie,
    Are you Ronnie,
    Are you Ronnie in disguise?"

Only joking BR7

The fact there is one too many ‘are your Ronnie’s in this is killing my OCD!
    ...or one too few "in disguise" maybe...