Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Valley11 said:
    No chance that we get £1.5m 
    it’s so early in the window, we can stand our ground.
    if they really want him they’ll pay what’s necessary.
  • I think Lloyd Jones is a good CB, had a poor month or so in January but was arguably our best defender up until that. 
    He’s great in the air, but not great on the deck. Can also be caught out positional. Needs someone alongside him to learn from. 
  • How many times has he played for the scum this Mitchell fella ?
    My scum mates never heard of him
    googled 

1 appearance in the League Cup 2021/22

what a player 
    Don't forget what all those with West Ham mates said about Coventry & what a class act he was. 

Nothing wrong with Coventry that a couple of decent CB's couldn't improve, last season the midfield was overrun far too easily because the defence was non existent at times...🙄
    And vice versa. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 14
    CafcSCP said:
    I love the shooting down of Coventry.
    you can be sure that we didn’t see the best of him last season. NJ played an ugly brand of football to keep us up.
    He’s hardly played for us.
    if the new signings are at a level we expect then we will se a much better player I’m sure.

I'm pretty sure we'll still be playing direct next season. We'll just have players more suited to it. 
  • CafcSCP said:
    you can be sure that we didn’t see the best of him last season. NJ played an ugly brand of football to keep us up.
    if the new signings are at a level we expect then we will se a much better player I’m sure.

I thought Coventry was excellent for the most part . Definitely could do the Dobson role next season.
    Coventry massive upgrade on Dobson and unlike Dobson will be able to improve in the championship 
    Go back to sleep
  • The only way NJ would sanction selling Alfie is if he's got a better replacement lined up or he believes Kanu/one of our academy forwards is ready to cement a starting place. Hell of a bet for him to make.
  • CafcSCP said:

I thought Coventry was excellent for the most part . Definitely could do the Dobson role next season.
    Coventry massive upgrade on Dobson and unlike Dobson will be able to improve in the championship 
    You just can't help it can you.
  • I was totally underwhelmed by Coventry last season but we shall see how he does next season in what we all hope is a revamped and more balanced side.
    100%
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:
    I actually thought Coventry looked one of our best players when the team played well. Did the simple stuff right and was more Cullen than Dobson. He isn't going to be a player that grabs the game by the scruff of its neck and gets us going, but if we get some more quality infront and behind him I think he will do the simple stuff right and keep us ticking
    Pretty much how I see him.
    A steady 7 out of 10 type of player. 

He's not a crappy 5 out of 10

But he's not a standout 9 out of ten.

Hopefully with better players around him he will prove to be a good signing. 
  • 7 out of 10 generous
  • Am interested to see Coventry with better players around him. Agree that his game is never going to be overly flashy but I do think he's got more passing range in his locker than we saw last season bar the assist at Derby. 
  • I don’t think we have seen the best of Coventry yet. With better players around him I think he will be very good
  • edited June 14
    Just wary that "with better players around him..." has been used for every underperforming midfield player of recent years. If you're that good you nearly always stand out on your own.

I'm hopeful he'll improve but at the same time, don't think he'd be here if Jones was already in building. 
  • Chunes said:
    Just wary that "with better players around him..." has been used for every underperforming midfield player of recent years. If you're that good you nearly always stand out on your own.

I'm hopeful he'll improve but at the same time, don't think he'd be here if Jones was already in building. 
    I agree with you.
    He's not who Jones would have signed. 
    But he's here so Jones has to find out how to get the best out of him.
  • Well, the transfer window opening has been a bit of a damp Squibb for us, perhaps they haven’t opened it wide enough.
  • Well, the transfer window opening has been a bit of a damp Squibb for us, perhaps they haven’t opened it wide enough.
    Or it’s fallen out.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!