Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• What happened to this boatload of signings we were suggested to be announcing today??? Last minute impromptu holidays??? 
    They’ve gone to Germany, to watch the Euros.
  • Ask Bexley boy
  • fenaddick said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/huddersfield-expected-to-return-with-improved-bid-for-charlton-striker-alfie-may/

Charlton Athletic have rejected a bid from Huddersfield Town for League One’s Golden Boot winner Alfie May.

The South London Press understands that the Terriers are set to return with an improved offer for the striker, who scored 23 League One goals last season.

Losing our best 2 players in a single transfer window is crap no matter how you spin it.  
    Who are they as no one has left yet ?
  • What happened to this boatload of signings we were suggested to be announcing today??? Last minute impromptu holidays??? 
    It's 3pm
    Great time to get a good deal on Skyscanner, I hear you. Maybe we'll get the Golfie 12 next week if we keep stacking them up 
  • seth plum said:
    I don’t see Mitchell being released by Millwall, as in ‘if he is any good Millwall would keep him’ as any reason not to be very hopeful.
    I think Mitchell came through the ranks and maybe played a minor cup game for them. I suspect his progress at Millwall may have been slowed considerably because of the strength they already had in the area he played.
    I am hopeful this might be a Michael Turner (remember him?) kind of signing for us. He was a player who eventually moved on, not because he wasn’t a good player, but because at the time we thought we had better and couldn’t see a place opening up for him.
    Michael Turner went on to have an excellent career.
    Not being released we are paying a fee 
  • seth plum said:
    I don’t see Mitchell being released by Millwall, as in ‘if he is any good Millwall would keep him’ as any reason not to be very hopeful.
    I think Mitchell came through the ranks and maybe played a minor cup game for them. I suspect his progress at Millwall may have been slowed considerably because of the strength they already had in the area he played.
    I am hopeful this might be a Michael Turner (remember him?) kind of signing for us. He was a player who eventually moved on, not because he wasn’t a good player, but because at the time we thought we had better and couldn’t see a place opening up for him.
    Bit old isn’t he, Michael Turner?
  • seth plum said:
    Déjà vu...🙄
  • seth plum said:
    Gives Mitchell a bit more credibility then.
  • So Alfie to go for £1.5M.

Add to that the supposed £750K we bid for JCH in Jan still burning a hole in our pocket.

Add to that the £1M we supposedly bid for Collins(?) in Jan still burning a hole in our pocket.

Deduct the £50K we are meant to be paying for some Scottish LB and the £200K we are paying for Mitchell.

Budget for rest of the window £3M plus whatever our generous billionaires are throwing in on top... Before we even think about a few £m from Gomez.  

Suddenly our buying options are opening up.

Exciting times.
    Macaulay Langstaff
    Karamoko Dembele
    Jodi Jones
    Fraser Horsfall
  • Sponsored links:

• How many times has he played for the scum this Mitchell fella ?
    My scum mates never heard of him

Hasn't made his debut , been on loan for the past 3 years at Bromley,St Johnstone,Orient and Lincoln. 

Probably says a lot about the standard of the CBs they have had ahead of him. 
    No idea for Millwall. But Leyton mate said he was alright, apparently nickname was meathead. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    How many times has he played for the scum this Mitchell fella ?

Hasn't made his debut , been on loan for the past 3 years at Bromley,St Johnstone,Orient and Lincoln. 

Probably says a lot about the standard of the CBs they have had ahead of him. 
    Or the standard of Mitchell himself. Don't forget Millwall were in a relegation battle just like us last season so their CB's couldn't have been that hot. 
  • Mitchell is 22 and most of their fans that follow not just the first eleven think he’s a good prospect and are surprised he’s not in their plans. 
    googled 

1 appearance in the League Cup 2021/22

what a player 
    Don't forget what all those with West Ham mates said about Coventry & what a class act he was. 

• Sponsored links:

• If promotion rivals have got £1m to spend on a single player then maybe we should be taking that £1m off them to have any chance of building a squad that can compete. 
    googled 

1 appearance in the League Cup 2021/22

what a player 
    Don't forget what all those with West Ham mates said about Coventry & what a class act he was. 

Misery loves company…
  • No chance that we get £1.5m 
  • Valley11 said:
    No chance that we get £1.5m 
    Probably not but if they've already offered 800k then I can see them going to perhaps 1 million or 1.2

• Where has the 800k figure come from? 
  • Where has the 800k figure come from? 
    Huddersfield supporters site.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!