Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• I do rate Jones, was tongue in cheek
  • Great to hear that he wants to keep Lloyd Jones. He has POTY potential imo. 

• A back three of REG Mitchell Jones with Gillesphey, Ness + Z.mitchell as back ups seems pretty decent
  • Hope Mitchell knows he has to fill the boots of somebody who came 3rd in our POTS vote. 
  • A back three of REG Mitchell Jones with Gillesphey, Ness + Z.mitchell as back ups seems pretty decent
    I think we'll look to add one more, maybe an experienced leader?
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    Any ‘For Sale’ signs up outside Alfie’s house?
    As of 3 minutes ago No "For Sale" signs outside the property, back to Ralph in the studio for the weather :-)

Having said that he's renting anyway :-)
    No For sale sign, but slightly concerning that Michael Duff is on your driveway though? 
    Blimey, he easily passes the CL height test in that image. 
  • @AberystwythAddick

"Because no team has ever put in an ambitious bid because it’s worth asking the question have they?"

Nobody bid for him in January. I'm sure loads of clubs would have been interested in him then if available, but it probably wasn't even remotely entertained. 

For this to have been publicised, and for Cawley's response not to be "the club have dismissed it entirely" or "May has said he has no interest in leaving" means this is definitely a strong possibility in my view. And if I was Alfie, for it to be even entertained by the manager after the season he's just had, I think I would leave.

• Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    Any ‘For Sale’ signs up outside Alfie’s house?
    As of 3 minutes ago No "For Sale" signs outside the property, back to Ralph in the studio for the weather :-)

Having said that he's renting anyway :-)
    No For sale sign, but slightly concerning that Michael Duff is on your driveway though? 
    Blimey, he easily passes the CL height test in that image. 
    As we’ve got Scotland v Germany on tonight, can he play the bagpipes?
  • Wish McGrandles well, but didn't work for him here so glad we've got a player who was surplus to requirements off the books, hopefully a few more to come to free up wages.
  • Got nothing against Mcgrandles really , just a symptom of our poor recruitment over the past few seasons. Will probably go and do well back at Lincoln. 
  • Thanks for the memory of that Portsmouth goal, shame his career was so stop / start for us

Our strange policy we had for a while of not giving returning injured players minutes in under23, had lengthy spells out and was asked to get fit in real time. Ridiculous.
  • Thanks for the memory of that Portsmouth goal, shame his career was so stop / start for us

Our strange policy we had for a while of not giving returning injured players minutes in under23, had lengthy spells out and was asked to get fit in real time. Ridiculous.
    Funnily that has seemingly changed since Will Abbott joined the club
  • edited June 14
    I should think there are a lot of fans, maybe a bit discontented they haven’t signed a shed load of players as yet.

Even if they don’t get Alfie, it sends out a message to the Huddersfield fans that they are trying to make signings, and i guess keeps them happy.

A bit like us in January with JCH which was unlikely to happen, at least it shuts the fans up.

Huddersfield will have other targets, and will try to turn his head, if our board had any sense, we’d either have to get a crazy fee for him, or just extend his contract as we have a 1 year contract extension so I believe, so I hope that happens, and we can all calm down a bit.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!