Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Hopefully the rest of our outgoings are this easy to move on.
  • Hopefully the rest of our outgoings are this easy to move on.

Think Fraser will be difficult, the 2 keepers and Edun I would think will have interest. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Nathan Jones wants to keep Edmonds Green and Lloyd Jones according to SLP podcast. Didn't play towards the end of the season as Jones had a slight knock and NJ had made his mind up he would be involved this coming season. 
    Seeing that we only signed REG in January, it would be grim, even by our recent standards, to get shot of him already. 

What about Gillesphey though, another January signing.
  • https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/huddersfield-expected-to-return-with-improved-bid-for-charlton-striker-alfie-may/

Charlton Athletic have rejected a bid from Huddersfield Town for League One’s Golden Boot winner Alfie May.

The South London Press understands that the Terriers are set to return with an improved offer for the striker, who scored 23 League One goals last season.

• If he lets May go, it will be his first mistake. 
    We won’t get out of L1 without goals. 
  • It's not even about trust in Jones at this point. I just don't trust the owners/senior management enough for to us a decent replacement, or the goals required from other areas of the pitch. They've not got the best form for it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• You should be a good judge what moronic looks like 000
  • If the move is May out and someone like Bair in, then it's a gamble that we might have to take. I'm in the camp that May shouldn't be sold, and selling your top scorer is never a good idea unless you're getting silly money for them
  • Forget promotion if they sell May
    Yes because Pompey, Derby and Oxford all got promoted because they had Alfie May in their team.
    Ok
  • Heard one of our goalies signed for Sheffield Utd not who you would expect though 
  • No smoke without fire and now I think there’s enough smoke. I also think with NJ, it’s my way or the highway. He got rid of some senior players when he first arrived at Luton which disgruntled the fans but of course that worked out. No guarantees it’s going to work out for us. All I can say is replacing 27 goals is going to be extremely difficult. The strikers we’ve been linked to thus far won’t even come close.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hasn't Fraser got a house near Dundee as he played for Dundee United? 
  • shirty5 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Been told this morning "All that has happened is that we have turned down a bid. That's it. "
    So the story was true then. Interesting times ahead
    Maybe it's.just that one is taller than the other
  • We still need a captain on the pitch. I always favour a centre back for that role but Mitchell is a bit too young at the moment. 
  • Do people genuinely think that we'll sell May? Unless the bid is £1mill there is no possible calculation in my head to get rid that makes any sense whatsoever.

NJ is a big personality who stamps his authority on sides historically, but he's not a fool. Selling a guaranteed goal return to a rival for £200k makes no sense to anyone at Charlton surely
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!