Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Steven81 said:
    Comical but the owners have lots of money to invest remember that.... 
    Nowhere has it been said that this is due to finances, why would he be kept around if Jones doesn’t fancy him. Stupid to say it’s the owners with no knowledge of what’s going on 
  • From the beginning of Jones’ tenure he hasn’t been keen on May , May tried to talk to him back then and the fruit bat nut downed him .
    source Alfie May 
  • The window is open 
    The euros are starting
    What a day we have in store!
  • Charlton pulled off quite the coup when they signed Alfie May with the striker bagging 43 goals in the previous two league one seasons for Cheltenham Town. 

Not my words but Charlton Athletes from opening day program last season.

With another 27 goals last season scored trust we get a good price for him if sold.
  • Billyboy said:
    Didn't NJ say everyone has to trust the process and get behind the team, love alfie but one player doesn't make the team... NJ has got promotion out of this league before, so I think he knows what he is doing, and if alfie doesn't fit in with NJ'S ideas so be it...
    Appleton got Oxford promotion & Lincoln into the league 1 playoffs
    Didn't Adkins get Saints promoted out of League 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Everybody saying NJ and May don’t see eye to eye and NJ wants to sell.
    Maybe they don’t see eye to eye and May wants out.
  • ButtleJR said:
    Been told this morning "All that has happened is that we have turned down a bid. That's it. "
    So the story was true then. Interesting times ahead
  • ButtleJR said:
    Been told this morning "All that has happened is that we have turned down a bid. That's it. "
    To be fair that will probably be the (pretty small) fire that is causing all smoke. He is the league top scorer, its highly likely that other teams are going to try and make a move.

What it doesn't confirm is whether May or Jones are actively pushing for a move. It could easily be a bit 2+2 =5 honestly.

Until he does actually go, it's all noise.
  • Bournesnr said:
    Everybody saying NJ and May don’t see eye to eye and NJ wants to sell.
    Maybe they don’t see eye to eye and May wants out.
    I’d have thought very few men would see eye to eye with Jones. He’s only what? 5’7’’? May is actually 5cm taller. 
  • LTKapal said:
    I still don't believe Adkins was bad, his squad was mediocre and his hands were tied by awful recruitment.
    I remember one match of a midfield 3 of Arter, Gilbey and Ben Watson
    A powerhouse of a midfield.......not.
  • We are owned by about 27 billionaires plus Charlie Methven.
    Offing our two best players in Dobson and May will be no problem because we have more spending power than Manchester City and can buy success.
  • thenewbie said:
    ButtleJR said:
    To be fair that will probably be the (pretty small) fire that is causing all smoke. He is the league top scorer, its highly likely that other teams are going to try and make a move.

What it doesn't confirm is whether May or Jones are actively pushing for a move. It could easily be a bit 2+2 =5 honestly.

My guess would be that either Huddersfield have spoken to his agent, and Duff might have even spoken to May personally, so they would already know whether he was interested in moving before a bid even went in.
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    ButtleJR said:

My guess would be that either Huddersfield have spoken to his agent, and Duff might have even spoken to May personally, so they would already know whether he was interested in moving before a bid even went in.
    May might even be playing some games to try and work out how important he is to Jones plans. Put a few feelers out to an old manager to tempt a bid in and then our response will tell him he’s still wanted 
  • edited June 14
    No player especially at league one level is unsellable regardless of our project and own goals. The team is bigger than one player no matter how good. That said forgetting about whether they see eye to eye, if May does not fit the jones system or personality etc. the morale in the squad is something which needs to be up there with the ability. We need to ensure “if” it was to happen the replacement was already lined up, no guarantees with any striker, but any championship striker (unless unproven) is gonna be on big wages and unlikely to drop down. Go abroad no idea if they will work. So therefore it’s looking at best striker in league one which was Alfie so then where do we go? Devante cole isn’t an upgrade and only one I could poss want is langstaff from L2 but seeing he has been made captain and settled that is unlikely too. We cannot rely on Chuks at all and Leaburn yet to prove any consistent fitness as good as he is. Kanu is a 4th/5th striker if we’re serious although I’m not wetting the bed at May leaving I am worried at how we could guarantee finding a minimum 15-20 goal replacement.
  • Just in case anyone is late to the thread and wants a recap:

We're potentially going to be in a position soon where in a bid to get promotion out of this shit division, we have since January got rid of CBT, Dobson and May. 3 players who many would argue were our 3 best players.

Make it make sense.
    After watching last season I’d be happy with whole new 11.
  • edited June 14
    maybe selling May helps us adhere to financial sustainability rules, as we are about to spend millions... ;)
  • Maybe the Huddersfield board read this thread, and thought they would try there luck 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Doesn't tell us much either way (not shooting the messenger by the way!) - if they would sell it just means the bid is low.

Time will tell I guess!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!