Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• mendonca said:
    For me, the fee will be the key factor here (esp as Cheltenham are rumoured to have a sell on clause in place). It's clear that there's some disconnect between Jones and May.

If we could revamp our forward line with the fee, I'd probably be happy. He's 30 now and if we can recoup and replough the transfer fee, maybe it could be good business. On the flip side, losing Dobson and May who were our only players worth watching last season might hurt! Hard to conclude without knowing the details and also potential calibre of replacement.
    But I thought the owners had enough money to fund a squad rebuild without having to sell our best players. 
    Don't worry our billionaire owners are serious about funding a squad good enough to challenge for promotion, just don't hold your breath.
  • edited June 13
    Billyboy said:
    Didn't NJ say everyone has to trust the process and get behind the team, love alfie but one player doesn't make the team... NJ has got promotion out of this league before, so I think he knows what he is doing, and if alfie doesn't fit in with NJ'S ideas so be it...
    Appleton got Oxford promotion & Lincoln into the league 1 playoffs
  • RoanRedNY said:
    red10 said:
    Away currently, not followed the thread in detail. Have we actually sold Alfie or not? Thanks.
    No we are just arguing about what we would be arguing about IF we sell him and what we might be saying once he’s sold.  BUT….on the plus side, we have bought a keeper. 
    No we haven't
  • No smoke without fire 🔥
    Agreed, i had  to check because it's been a while but the chemistry experiment where you throw lithium or sodium into water, that generates hydrogen which can ignite. More fire without smoke.

May - 'i do what i do and I score loads of goals'
    Gaffer Jones - yep and you do what i tell you because i'm the gaffer and  I'm not i fuckin interestedly in your goal stats, i need a press to win, fucking understand that. You not doing ehat i say fucks with my head and my game plan.'
    May- 'alright boss, but goals win games, just help le to score more goals, Golfie on charlton life will be happy'
    Gaffer Jones - so you'll do what i say?
    May - fuck off boyo, do you want me or not. 

So May is off then. Thanks for the transcript of the discussion from Add-bug, the Addicks snooper. 
  • All feels a bit meh at the moment, as usual, but will judge it at the end of the window and hope this year is different.
  • redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Would be mental selling the leagues best goal scorer, but in Jones we trust!
    If Appleton was looking to off load May he would be getting belters .. this is a massive decision that NJ has to make if he gets it wrong fans will be in their right to call for his head .. .. 
    But he's not going according to you. You are a plum mate.
    He won’t go because NJ is not that stupid and knows he needs the fans on side 
    I thought it was because he moved into a new house and joined the local golf club.
    He got a lovely new house in Snodland and joined a exclusive club in Kent 
    There are no exclusive clubs in Kent....especially not near Snodland 😄.
    What about the 2 caravans club?
    West Thanet bingo has folded and The Lidl Workers Sports fields (Southern region) are chained up. Nope, no exclusive clubs left in Kent...
  • Billyboy said:
    Didn't NJ say everyone has to trust the process and get behind the team, love alfie but one player doesn't make the team... NJ has got promotion out of this league before, so I think he knows what he is doing, and if alfie doesn't fit in with NJ'S ideas so be it...
    But he didn't rebuild them teams like nj did with Luton 
  • Sponsored links:

• RoanRedNY said:
    red10 said:
    Away currently, not followed the thread in detail. Have we actually sold Alfie or not? Thanks.
    No we are just arguing about what we would be arguing about IF we sell him and what we might be saying once he’s sold.  BUT….on the plus side, we have bought a keeper. 
    No we haven't
    Fuck me your’re on a roll.  Okay, signed.  Hopefully that escapes the microscope!
  • Billyboy said:
    Billyboy said:
    I wouldn't know that but he was a success with both clubs, I'm not really sure how but he managed.
  • Whatever will be will the futures not mine too see, think I'll have another brandee, hope AM stays though. 
  • ValleyBen said:
    New low for the happy clapper fans, already defending the idea of selling the best striker in the league to one of our promotion rivals.

Baffling if it comes true but for me it means promotion or bust next season, no excuses, cannot lose our three best players needlesly in the space of six months and then continue to fail. 
    The happy clappers do not have a clue.
    I sat with two for many years, inside 12 months of Dushitelet's ownership I was bet we'd be in the Premier by 2018.
    Aside from that, if we were 2-0 down with 5 minutes to go we were still able to get a draw.
    NOTHING would get them to even criticise constructively.

• edited June 14
    RoanRedNY said:
    red10 said:
    No we haven't
    I wish you put an oh in front of that. It would have fitted in with a pantomime thread 
  • I don’t know how a footballer thinks but would selling may put off a perspective signing, or am I over thinking it?

if a player, use the Scottish defender as an exame is about to sign because jones has sold a promotion push vision only to find out that a 27 goal stricker may be sold to another promotion rival, would that put the player off?  
  • Some of these reactions over Alfie May are so over the top and ridiculous. It really proves people will say absolutely anything to get their point across about how good a player is or isn't.

If he moves to Huddersfield, I'll be supporting Huddersfield next season.

• Sponsored links:

• Billyboy said:
    Billyboy said:
    I wouldn't know that but he was a success with both clubs, I'm not really sure how but he managed.
    You actually don't know anything. But don't let that stop you.
  • edited June 14
    Personally, it would be a shame to lose May (especially to a potential promotion rival), as alongside the goals, his work rate and relationship with fans are great attributes to have.
  • Steven81 said:
    Comical but the owners have lots of money to invest remember that.... 
    it’s not the owners there’s been murmurs from day one about Jones not really fancying May, im
    happy to back Jones and for him to go his own direction with a different playing style that he clearly thinks May doesn’t fit but I wouldn’t sell him to someone in our league.
  • There were two players in our squad last season who were totally proven at this level for us and definitely good enough to feature in atop 6 team. One's house hunting in Hungary and the other might be off to Huddersfield.

Madness.
    One is 
  • iaitch said:
    mart77 said:
    I absolutely love this forum's refusal to ever feel anything other than existential fear. Some decent sounding signings coming in, Jones reiterating that he wants his squad sorted by the end of June? Convince ourselves that Alfie May is joining Huddersfield because he was substituted a couple of times. What we all really, really need is CBT, but not the player.
    Tbf some of our fans have issues due to the last 15 years odd which have largely been a clusterf@ck. 
    I’m hopeful Alfie stays but I don’t think the suggestions that Alfie and Nathan have issues are wide of the mark. Some players need an arm round the shoulder and others need a kick in the arse. 

If Alfie did leave then I think the only situation it won’t be criticised in is if we get promoted. Anything less and fans will most likely see his departure as a reason for our ‘failing’.
    What they don't need is an arm in their arse.
    Or a kick round the shoulders. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!