Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    I’m here I’m here.  

In all honesty, I was so wrapped up in the kids football this morning I forgot to ask him.  I’ve sent him a “oh by way..” WhatsApp message.  When I get it you get it, apologies for now.
    Absolutely brilliant … 😜 
    The best part of this is that he’s blanked my WhatsApp message.

Worst ITK on Charlton life and I deserve the stick..

However I’m seeing him Wednesday night and I’ll defo ask him then if he doesn’t reply to my message, he will have something like I said very very close to Alfie.
    Well personally speaking I shan't be holding my breath in anticipation, anyway we will probably have sold him for a pittance by then.
    Wouldn’t recommend doing that till Wednesday mate no.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Richard J said:
    Interested that Cowley said we were looking at 6/7 keepers in the SLP podcast. I am assuming we are looking for an experienced goalie.

We presume that Davies and Ruddy are two of them 

Who are the others ? James Shea of Luton ? Christian Walton of Ipswich?  Bartosz Bialkowski of Millwall? Perhaps.
    6 to 7 keepers?  Won't concede then.
    Oh don’t worry, we would find a way
  • Options
    I’m here I’m here.  

In all honesty, I was so wrapped up in the kids football this morning I forgot to ask him.  I’ve sent him a “oh by way..” WhatsApp message.  When I get it you get it, apologies for now.
    Absolutely brilliant … 😜 

However I’m seeing him Wednesday night and I’ll defo ask him then if he doesn’t reply to my message, he will have something like I said very very close to Alfie.

....😂

Best ever :D
  • Options
    I reckon a signing or two tomorow, Berry and Mitchell maybe.
  • Options
    I’m sure Jones just means the baulk of the squad before pre season so id imagine 6/7 players by then,  then another 4/5 by the end of the window. Our squad is one of the biggest it’s been at this stage for a long time but we still need to off load a few.
  • Options
    I’m here I’m here.  

Absolutely brilliant … 😜 

Fair enough 👍 
  • Options
    I’m here I’m here.  

Absolutely brilliant … 😜 

I mean if you had stopped send my dick pics when I asked I would have replied mate. 
  • Options
    Yann897 said:
    I’m sure Jones just means the baulk of the squad before pre season so id imagine 6/7 players by then,  then another 4/5 by the end of the window. Our squad is one of the biggest it’s been at this stage for a long time but we still need to off load a few.
    Not what he’s said, on more than one occasion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yann897 said:
    Not what he’s said, on more than one occasion.
    No clubs bring In 10 players before pre season starts it’s unrealistic and I’m pretty sure he said he wanted majority of the squad sorted before pre season not all but I might be wrong.
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/tough-and-exciting-nathan-jones-primed-for-charlton-athletic-transfer-window-action/

“It is hard work and probably as time-consuming a time for me when everyone else has holidays – I’m travelling the country, I’m having meetings and persuading, on the phone. That is what the life of a manager is.

“This time is so essential. We come back on June 27, or whenever it is, and I’d like us to be almost complete as a squad. There is always maybe one, two maximum, that you haven’t quite got in.

“But I want us to be as complete as we possibly can be so they get a full pre-season, the full games programme and we’re able to effect as many as we can moving forward into the August start.”

I really hope Nathan Jones gets the players he wants. We may well end up with a team we mostly don't recognise but I think it will be a team we'll quickly get behind.
  • Options
    Swisdom all quiet on the Alfie front is not good news , if he’d coincidentally walked outside at the same time and got confirmation that he’s more than likely gonna be a Charlton player this season I’m sure he’d have printed that news on here in a flash .
    for once,  I’m taking no news as bad news 
  • Options
    Callumcafc said:’
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/tough-and-exciting-nathan-jones-primed-for-charlton-athletic-transfer-window-action/

“It is hard work and probably as time-consuming a time for me when everyone else has holidays – I’m travelling the country, I’m having meetings and persuading, on the phone. That is what the life of a manager is.

“This time is so essential. We come back on June 27, or whenever it is, and I’d like us to be almost complete as a squad. There is always maybe one, two maximum, that you haven’t quite got in.

“But I want us to be as complete as we possibly can be so they get a full pre-season, the full games programme and we’re able to effect as many as we can moving forward into the August start.”

‘Or whenever it is’.
    You what?
    The manager ought to be sure about the exact date for return in my view.
    What if the players all turn up and the manager isn’t there?
  • Options
    I’m here I’m here.  

Absolutely brilliant … 😜 

Would you say he’s kinda close or super closey close?🙄
  • Options
    Swisdom all quiet on the Alfie front is not good news , if he’d coincidentally walked outside at the same time and got confirmation that he’s more than likely gonna be a Charlton player this season I’m sure he’d have printed that news on here in a flash .
    Swisdom is on holiday. 🤭
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Callumcafc said:’

‘Or whenever it is’.
    You what?
    The manager ought to be sure about the exact date for return in my view.
    What if the players all turn up and the manager isn’t there?
    Oh gawd Seth, what ever is he going to say next.🫣
  • Options

He doubled down and hardened this to "complete" only a few days ago when Mannion was signed...

“We’d like to get the squad completed by our return date of June 27. We’ve worked tirelessly for the last three to four weeks in terms of arranging meetings with players. We’re trying to be bold in our recruitment."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So 10 days and our squad will be pretty much complete.

You suspect we are about to get very busy and fast.
  • Options
    I've got a fresh rumour to throw in. I had a dream last night we were playing in league two next season and we weren't even favourites to go up. 
  • Options
    Swisdom is on holiday. 🤭
    Who's going to look after the cat if Alfie goes?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I'm currently sunning myself in Dartford-upon-Kent

At my desk

And no, I haven't seen Aflie and I'm not going to breach his privacy by concocting a reason to go and knock on his door.
    I actually found this house for him and one of the selling points of it is the privacy and lack of obtrusive neighbours.  What will be will be
    He’s been spotted in the John Smith’s Stadium cafe apparently.  
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

At my desk

And no, I haven't seen Aflie and I'm not going to breach his privacy by concocting a reason to go and knock on his door.
    I actually found this house for him and one of the selling points of it is the privacy and lack of obtrusive neighbours.  What will be will be
    Tell him you’re out of sugar …
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

At my desk

confirmation , it's news we don't want to hear
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

At my desk

confirmation , it's news we don't want to hear

It's confirmation that Swisdom doesn't want to disturb Alfie May when the Large Removal Van is there 🤷🏻‍♂️