Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    NabySarr said:
    Heard from a Huddersfield fan that May is a done deal. Just waiting for the green light from us to announce it. Really hope it’s not true though 
    How many players have we had as a done deal this window 🤔
  • Options
    If May is a done deal I doubt we will announce it until we have signed a replacement 
  • Options
    edited June 19
    YTS1978 said:
    Edwards in.

Still don't get the darts reference.
    It was mentioned in a linked article earlier in the thread that Edwards is a bit tasty on the oche! As long as it's not table tennis NJ will be happy.

So long as he toes the line :-)
  • Options
    If May is a done deal I doubt we will announce it until we have signed a replacement 
    Is it down to us ? If he's signed a contract with Huddersfield then he's their player & they can announce it when they like.

There may be a gentleman's agreement, like we have with Millwall  (if that is even true) or there might be a delay like with Luke Berry (perhaps their social media guy is trying to get the rights from Cilla so that they can go....Alfieeee 😄).....but I doubt its because we want to bring in a replacement first. 
  • Options
    Beginning to sound like Golfie is a done deal, he'll only be following the club, posting on here, and watching games from now on...🙄
    And sooner than I thought. Thought at least we'd get to pre-season.. 🤭
  • Options
    edited June 19
    We've not been linked with anywhere near enough former players for my liking

... Johnny Williams?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Obviously there is a strong chance I’m wrong here but why would May be at our training ground yesterday and also the most photographed player, if he was about to sign for Huddersfield. I would have thought that he would have either been up north having a medical and finalising the contract, or kept out of the limelight at our training ground.
    I thought the training ground thing was last week. 
  • Options
    Obviously there is a strong chance I’m wrong here but why would May be at our training ground yesterday and also the most photographed player, if he was about to sign for Huddersfield. I would have thought that he would have either been up north having a medical and finalising the contract, or kept out of the limelight at our training ground.
    Or the video wasn’t filmed and posted on the same day…
  • Options
    I thought the training ground thing was last week. 
    I think Alfie was in Corfu last week, if he went away from 2 weeks he wouldn't have been back until Friday

• Options
    Can’t believe how long it’s taking to sign Darren Purse.
    Going to be announced as a double deal with Hayden Mullins
  • Options
    IF Alfie is off, as it is sounding likely, much to my annoyance, then we will need to see an adequate replacement in place before hand, or at least within 24 hours, still can't believe he is potentially off up Norf, to Huddersfield of all places...🤦‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    6 of Ahadme’s 11 goals last season came from headers.

Charlton scored 7 headed goals throughout the entire season.
    Need to be better at crossing the ball then ;)
  • Options
    £750k being mentioned as fee wanted by Ipswich for Ahadme 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Not much then he's worth it apparently and that's a small chunk of our warchest get him signed up and many more to come we hope :))
  • Options
    That's a shocking amount of money. Someone mentioned near that amount yesterday and I thought they were way off the mark. 
  • Options
    Cool, let's spend that, keep May, spend £5m on a keeper and we could just get promoted.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Another name that has been mentioned albeit very briefly is in our sights too.  A good age, he caught the eye last season and is surplus to requirements I would think.  We will see if we can have him

My play on words yesterday was you “Had me me at Hello” but as his name seems to be widely out there now…it is indeed Gassan Ahadme we are keen on
    Lionel's hands are (word for the day) 'murine' in that album cover...

Hind foot of a field rat  Hind foot of a field rat Rodent   Flickr