Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    Hopefully a lot more than we’ve seen over the last few weeks so we have the squad in place as Jones talked about.

We know Mitchell is likely to announced next week.

A new striker needs to come in if May goes, in addition to the one more we already need.

We need to add a first choice GK to that and central midfield also needs strengthening with at least one more signing to add to Berry.

Jones might want another winger to go with Campbell so we have the flexibility to use other formations.

I’d only see us signing a RB/RWB if Watson moves on. Similar with further signings at CB.
    Heard Jones looking at playing Campbell more centrally this year.
    Fingers crossed he can gain more pace. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    Hopefully a lot more than we’ve seen over the last few weeks so we have the squad in place as Jones talked about.

A new striker needs to come in if May goes, in addition to the one more we already need.

We need to add a first choice GK to that and central midfield also needs strengthening with at least one more signing to add to Berry.

Jones might want another winger to go with Campbell so we have the flexibility to use other formations.

I’d only see us signing a RB/RWB if Watson moves on. Similar with further signings at CB.
    As a striker or as a 10 ?
  • Options
    edited June 20
    Sage said:
    Pre season training starts in 7 days, so what do we reckon, how many are we bringing in and how many are leaving in that time?

5 (keeper, CB, 2 Strikers and midfielder) in, with 2-3 more to follow (CB and 1-2 Midfield) before the window closes.

Plus additional if we sell any first team members/squad players (I don't include Fraser, Edun, Isted, AMB or Henry in that, all of which are surplus).

5 above out but no time pressure on that, although as they seem our new boys arrive and get left out they will have their agents looking hard you would expect.  I also expect we end up with Z Mitchell and Assimwe out on loan late in the window.

The likes of Jones, Gillesphy, Ness would not be a shock to see leave but clearly not all of them.
  • Options
    robroy said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:

And height and strength and a more robust character.
    I'm being facetious, there's a player in there, but he is imo a work in progress and I hope  not s first pick, wherever Jones plays him
  • Options
    robroy said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:

Needs to gain a bit more of everything imo
  • Options
    robroy said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:

I'm being facetious, there's a player in there, but he is imo a work in progress and I hope  not s first pick, wherever Jones plays him
    Squad player at best.
    Nowhere near good or consistent enough to be a regular starter. 
    No problem having him on the bench but that's about it.
  • Options
    robroy said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:

Squad player at best.
    I admire the confidence to completely write off a player who has shown flashes of talent and had some poor form under an inept manager at just 20 years old.

For the record at that age, Harry Kane played three times for Norwich scoring zero goals. 
  • Options
    Wonder who the goalkeeper is. Davies? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder who the goalkeeper is. Davies? 

I'd guess Davies unless we're working on a deal for Christian Walton, but that would need Ipswich to sign a GK themselves. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Campbell has skill and pace already.

He can create and score.

There is room for improvement like all our players but Jones clearly sees the potential.
    We can agree on something.. Jones rates Campbell highly, Campbell was leaving before Jones come in... 

Campbell does need to improve though
    Jones has a great track record for improving players. I think TC has a lot of the raw skills but needs to be honed and man managed effectively
  • Options
    robroy said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:

Squad player at best.
    I admire the confidence to completely write off a player who has shown flashes of talent and had some poor form under an inept manager at just 20 years old.

For the record at that age, Harry Kane played three times for Norwich scoring zero goals. 
    It's a good idea to read what posters actually say before responding. 
    I said he's a squad player at beat.
    I also said I have no problem with him being on the bench.
    Nowhere did I say I would completely write him off.
    He has a decent chance of making it but in my opinion he's not yet ready for a regular starting roll.
    Hope that clears up what I'm saying. 
    Ok Why cant he become more, you are writing him off by saying squad player at best.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    TEL said:
    Ive just cancelled Charlton Tv after paying for a full season since its inception and the previous incarnation. They ask a reason and my reply was " The regime let our best player go in Dobbo, they let CBT go and now the rumours of Alfie being sold, so Im out"

As Ive already said, Im not going to blindly believe that Jones is our Messiah until he achieves something. Alfies 23 kept us up and was probably the only real highlight of our season.

Jones renews Campbell's contract whilst insiders reputedly say he doesnt rate Alfie. Alfie's effort and energy is something Campbell can only dream about. Sorry but I think Jones thinking is bonkers.

So until such time as I see something that makes sense (not Jones's ex favourites) then Ill save my money and sleep soundly rather than getting up at 2am to watch.

I agree, we should keep May and sell Campbell for £1.2M instead.
    It'll help if you let Charlton know the willing buyers  ;)
    *********IF our so called, billionaire owners are short on 1.2Million then dont you think we're fucked?
    Expected better from you mate. ********
    But are they short of money?
    It may be that Jones won't be starting May so we may as well cash in?
    It may be that the owners are willing to spend but it would break what the supporters generally refer to as the FFP rules, so need to try and keep a lid on the losses?
  • Options
    robroy said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:

Squad player at best.

He has a decent chance of making it but in my opinion he's not yet ready for a regular starting roll.
    Ok Why cant he become more, you are writing him off by saying squad player at best.
    I'm not writing him off and I'm not saying he can't get better. 
    But unless there's a major improvement on last season as things stand I don't believe he should be a regular starter. 
    Give it another year and who knows. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    His wife isn’t called Dianne
    No, that's Roger's wife.  She's fucking off with the kids.
  • Options
    One thing I want to see an end to is indifferent signings or loans that block the progress of our home grown.
    Risky comment, but last season for example I would much rather have tried Adigun than Bakinson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://x.com/RichCawleySLP/status/1803696447356854515?t=szVrV1pKIFCDNW0wjfL4lQ&s=19

No bid from Huddersfield for Alfie May since initial one was rejected by #cafc

• Options
    robroy said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:

Squad player at best.

I mean, I agree that at present he is a squad player, he's got good attributes and can be useful to have as an option but he's not really starting 11 level for me just yet.

But hopefully with application and perseverance (and actual coaching from a decent manager) he can become more.

• Options
    fenaddick said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

He can create and score.

There is room for improvement like all our players but Jones clearly sees the potential.
    We can agree on something.. Jones rates Campbell highly, Campbell was leaving before Jones come in... 

Jones has a great track record for improving players. I think TC has a lot of the raw skills but needs to be honed and man managed effectively
    They said that about Appleton
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

He can create and score.

Yes, we agree and under a better manager in NJ I think he will.

But too often fans take a player's worst performances as their standard, not their best.
  • Options

Haven’t a clue who / if they are a legit source 
    Total nonsense, I would prefer to listen to Cawley...
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

He can create and score.

Yes, we agree and under a better manager in NJ I think he will.

But too often fans take a player's worst performances as their standard, not their best.
    But the standard isn't that either? People who only look at the worst performances are negative, yes, but it's just as bad taking the best performance and trying to be overly positive and try to use that to define a player. The reality is he was in the middle of the two, but overall he had more bad games than good last season and that needs to change if he's to have a positive impact in a positive season 
  • Options
    We are in for Dan Potts.  For anyone who likes a WhatsApp rumour from someone who works closely with the club.  
    Cawley doesn’t think so.

• Options
    edited June 20
    We are in for Dan Potts.  For anyone who likes a WhatsApp rumour from someone who works closely with the club. Not sure if Rich means that in past tense though and things have changed.