Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Yann897 said:
    Someone give me some positive transfer news after that depressing England game.
    5 days before we have to endure that again.
  • Options
    edited June 20
    Let's hope there is more quality to come.
  • Options
    edited June 20
    Anyway 'nuf about England...🙄😴😴
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:
    Yann897 said:
    The good news is we’re signing Jude Bellingham. 

The bad news is we’re replacing Jones with Southgate. 
    Apparently it was a deal breaker for Southgate he insisted we sign Bellingham to replace Dobson in the DM role
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Plaaayer said:
    Yann897 said:

Apparently it was a deal breaker for Southgate he insisted we sign Bellingham to replace Dobson in the DM role
    As long as southgate takes the penalties we’ll be minted
  • Options

Smith Rowe is available for 30 million.  Time these billionaires made a statement
  • Options
    edited June 21
    Ricky Gervais just liked one of my tweets and all is right with the world even if we only have a squad to challenge for a 7 a side tournament.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    robroy said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    Hopefully a lot more than we’ve seen over the last few weeks so we have the squad in place as Jones talked about.

We know Mitchell is likely to announced next week.

A new striker needs to come in if May goes, in addition to the one more we already need.

We need to add a first choice GK to that and central midfield also needs strengthening with at least one more signing to add to Berry.

Jones might want another winger to go with Campbell so we have the flexibility to use other formations.

I’d only see us signing a RB/RWB if Watson moves on. Similar with further signings at CB.
    Heard Jones looking at playing Campbell more centrally this year.
    Fingers crossed he can gain more pace. 
    And height and strength and a more robust character.
    I'm being facetious, there's a player in there, but he is imo a work in progress and I hope  not s first pick, wherever Jones plays him
    Agreed. There’s something about him I like, but he’s not the finished article as yet. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Plaaayer said:
    Yann897 said:

Actually his preference was Phillips!
  • Options
    Doesn't pre-season start next Thursday? I thought we would have done more business by now if I'm being honest. Hopefully a busy week ahead.
    Technically it’s 4 players if Mitchell is done which is a lot more than usual before pre season, I think Jones has put un needed pressure on himself by saying it’ll be done when in hindsight it’s so rare to have your squad sorted by then but hopefully 2/3 next week and that’ll take us up to 6/7 which isn’t to bad.
  • Options
    Yann897 said:
    Doesn't pre-season start next Thursday? I thought we would have done more business by now if I'm being honest. Hopefully a busy week ahead.
    Technically it’s 4 players if Mitchell is done which is a lot more than usual before pre season, I think Jones has put un needed pressure on himself by saying it’ll be done when in hindsight it’s so rare to have your squad sorted by then but hopefully 2/3 next week and that’ll take us up to 6/7 which isn’t to bad.
    To be fair he said majority of the deals done with a few more closer to the close of the window 
  • Options
    Yann897 said:
    Mitchell sounds like it's done but holding off the announcement - it seems like Davies (the GK) is probably fairly close as well. That would be 2 more and possibly there's other things going on in the background.

We can debate the quality of signings but purely in terms of numbers/efficiency then honestly I have to say we seem to be doing rather better than usual.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Yann897 said:
    Mitchell sounds like it's done but holding off the announcement - it seems like Davies (the GK) is probably fairly close as well. That would be 2 more and possibly there's other things going on in the background.

We can debate the quality of signings but purely in terms of numbers/efficiency then honestly I have to say we seem to be doing rather better than usual.
    Better than usual isn't much of a barometer. For me it seems like we are behind where NJ wanted to be. Hopefully a busy week ahead.
  • Options
    I can see us announcing Mitchell, a GK (probably Davies but might be a dark horse there, plenty of experienced GKs on the market) and Ahadme next week and then hopefully throughout the rest of the summer we pick up another CB, another CM and another striker 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shopping in Primark as usual.
    I’m assuming you are prepared to back this up on which signings are ‘Primark’ and who you would have signed instead!
  • Options
    Shopping in Primark as usual.
    Honestly, some postings are just off the mark...🙄
  • Options
    The league cup draw is usually a day or two before the fixtures are released.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The Round One draw of the Carabao Cup will take place live on Sky Sports News on Thursday. 27 June at 11:30am.

https://www.efl.com/news/2024/june/20/carabao-cup-round-one-draw-date--ball-numbers---how-to-watch/
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    He probably meant sports direct 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The Round One draw of the Carabao Cup will take place live on Sky Sports News on Thursday. 27 June at 11:30am.
    One day after the league fixtures are announced.
    https://www.efl.com/news/2024/june/20/carabao-cup-round-one-draw-date--ball-numbers---how-to-watch/
  • Options
    Worst case scenario: We sell Alfie, Wales sack Rob Page (and that is likely) and appoint Nathan Jones. Up the creek without a paddle. 
    Well, that’s one of the 3. Simon Jordan described the Wales job as a poor job except for a Welshman. 
  • Options
    Worst case scenario: We sell Alfie, Wales sack Rob Page (and that is likely) and appoint Nathan Jones. Up the creek without a paddle. 
    Well, that’s one of the 3. Simon Jordan described the Wales job as a poor job except for a Welshman. 
    What is Giggsy up to at the moment?  Or is he still in hiding?
    Maybe Mark Hughes fancies a go at the Wales job