Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    £750k being mentioned as fee wanted by Ipswich for Ahadme 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Be shocked if we paid that.
  • Options

Seems to undermine any idea that Jones (or someone else) is actively seeking to move him on - but its not exactly an unequivocal "he's not for sale" either.

Reckon this one might drag on a fair while.
  • Options
    If May is a done deal I doubt we will announce it until we have signed a replacement 
    Is it down to us ? If he's signed a contract with Huddersfield then he's their player & they can announce it when they like.

There may be a gentleman's agreement, like we have with Millwall  (if that is even true) or there might be a delay like with Luke Berry (perhaps their social media guy is trying to get the rights from Cilla so that they can go....Alfieeee 😄).....but I doubt its because we want to bring in a replacement first. 
    Has the transfer window opened yet though ?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    We've not been linked with anywhere near enough former players for my liking

... Johnny Williams?
    He is too busy posting indirects on social media about Bowyer "TruST No OnE, eveRY1 SnaKEz"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 19
    The May thing puts us in a tricky situation. According to Cawley we were already looking at bringing in one striker and would need two if May were to leave. That would be two signed sealed and delivered which I doubt would be a quick process. I reckon it’s 50/50 whether or not AM is still with us and if he does go I think it could well be a deadline day deal.
  • Options
    The May thing puts us in a tricky situation. According to Cawley we were already looking at bringing in one striker and would need two if May were to leave. That would be two signed sealed and delivered which I doubt would be a quick process. I reckon it’s 50/50 whether or not AM is still with us and if he does go I think it could well be a deadline day deal.
    The length it takes to find two strikers could be much shorter than you think. If Jones had planned to limit May’s playing time next season I’m sure he knew, and perhaps welcomed, that Alfie would depart and I think he’ll have moves underway from a good way back.

Ahadme and Etete are good players if not really ‘special’ yet. Sam Smith is a decent striker and I know Reid at Stevenage would jump at a move to us. 
  • Options
    Hmmn.
    Not at all at ease with the notion of deadline day rushing.
    If he goes it should be (at least) a million net after the Cheltenham cut and any agent fees, paid in full up front, not in instalments, and a sell on clause thrown in for good measure just in case.
    If it is destined to happen, it should happen now, unless the deal with Alfie is he has to stay if a replacement isn't tied up by the time of the Dartford pre season friendly.
    Personally, especially with losing Dobbo, I want him to stay.
  • Options

Haven’t a clue who / if they are a legit source 
    Wind up account but that’s not to say Alfie isn’t off!
  • Options

Haven’t a clue who / if they are a legit source 

It's not a Charlton transfer window without Roger appearing. Absolutely a windup account.
  • Options
    I wonder if we're interested in signing Danilo Orsi from Crawley, apparently there's a few league one clubs after him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEL said:
    Major said:
    TEL said:
    Ive just cancelled Charlton Tv after paying for a full season since its inception and the previous incarnation. They ask a reason and my reply was " The regime let our best player go in Dobbo, they let CBT go and now the rumours of Alfie being sold, so Im out"

As Ive already said, Im not going to blindly believe that Jones is our Messiah until he achieves something. Alfies 23 kept us up and was probably the only real highlight of our season.

Jones renews Campbell's contract whilst insiders reputedly say he doesnt rate Alfie. Alfie's effort and energy is something Campbell can only dream about. Sorry but I think Jones thinking is bonkers.

So until such time as I see something that makes sense (not Jones's ex favourites) then Ill save my money and sleep soundly rather than getting up at 2am to watch.

I'll alert the media.
    Dickhead
    Well I never! That's exactly  what I thought when I read your self-important rant but I decided a bit of banter would suffice. Hey ho. 
    Imagine my concern.

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    His wife isn’t called Dianne

The cat is out of the bag now. :D
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    iaitch said:
    thenewbie said:
    Can’t believe how long it’s taking to sign Darren Purse.
    Going to be announced as a double deal with Hayden Mullins
    Has Julien Grey retired?
    Like his brother Dorian, this never gets old 
    I've seen a picture of him
  • Options
    edited June 20
    Pre season training starts in 7 days, so what do we reckon, how many are we bringing in and how many are leaving in that time?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Pre season training starts in 7 days, so what do we reckon, how many are we bringing in and how many are leaving in that time?

4 in , 4 out 

In : Mitchell,New GK and 2 new strikers 

Out: one of the current keepers,Edun,Fraser ,May 
  • Options
    2 in. Mitchell & Ahadme

No exits. It’s going to be very hard to get players off our books….as many are shite but on good wages (& therefore completely unattractive to other teams).
  • Options
    Hopefully a lot more than we’ve seen over the last few weeks so we have the squad in place as Jones talked about.

We know Mitchell is likely to announced next week.

A new striker needs to come in if May goes, in addition to the one more we already need.

We need to add a first choice GK to that and central midfield also needs strengthening with at least one more signing to add to Berry.

Jones might want another winger to go with Campbell so we have the flexibility to use other formations.

I’d only see us signing a RB/RWB if Watson moves on. Similar with further signings at CB.