Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully we are in a position to announce Mitchell today at least 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    We are owned by over twenty billionaires who know, love and care for our club in our special corner of London.
    With those kind of resources we should clearly win automatic promotion.
    Otherwise what?
    A big ask given the caliber and resources of others in this league, together with us making huge changes to our squad when others have most of their squads in place.
    You only have to look back at Ipswich and the huge investment that was made over several seasons for them to get automatic promotion.
    Success for me would be to see us become more competitive and winning games. Top six is a stretching and realistic target.
  • Options
    Hopefully we are in a position to announce Mitchell today at least 
    Think that's probably done, just waiting on the green light from Millwall to announce it.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I thought the pitch upgrade was because of the women’s team now playing at the Valley?
    Same as St Helens are having their pitch upgraded because Liverpool women will be playing there.
    Nothing to do with the new owners.
    Just to be clear 🧐
    The grant only covers half the costs, and they had to agree to move the women to The Valley
    The shortfall would have been covered by the lump sum from Sky for showing  the EFL games this coming season 
  • Options
    I thought the pitch upgrade was because of the women’s team now playing at the Valley?
    Same as St Helens are having their pitch upgraded because Liverpool women will be playing there.
    Just to be clear 🧐
    It's both I believe. The women's team playing at the Valley means extra grants etc available to get the upgraded pitch but it had still been planned and arranged for even without that. 

(Or so I was lead to believe.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just to be clear 🧐
    Bit of both, owners still have to stump up some cash. Plus, supporting the women's team by having them play at a proper stadium with a reliable pitch is a plus point for me.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    shirty5 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Just to be clear 🧐
    The grant only covers half the costs, and they had to agree to move the women to The Valley
    The shortfall would have been covered by the lump sum from Sky for showing  the EFL games this coming season 
    So what covers the shortfall on the next 10 seasons of the women's team? Or the loss of revenue through people watching on Sky at home compared to coming to the stadium? It's not "nothing to do with the new owners", it's everything to do with them, regardless of whether that fits people's narratives
    Why you going off on one? All I have done is mention the cost of the pitch is the grant and the EFL sky money

Stop overthinking everything 
  • Options
    edited June 24
    For how long do we refer to the owners as "New"?, they seem to have been around for ages already.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I'm not overthinking everything, I'm explaining that it's not as simple as the grant and sky money covering it, and therefore people assuming that the new owners haven't contributed in any way, when that's false
    I never mentioned the owners! 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    sam3110 said:
    I'm not overthinking everything, I'm explaining that it's not as simple as the grant and sky money covering it, and therefore people assuming that the new owners haven't contributed in any way, when that's false
    Not everything's about you
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    We are owned by over twenty billionaires who know, love and care for our club in our special corner of London.
    Otherwise what?
    Twenty, really?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    shirty5 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Not everything's about you
    Care to elaborate on that? 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Otherwise what?
    Twenty, really?
    We need another half dozen quick!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Otherwise what?
    Twenty, really?
    Maybe thirty.
    They are all going to participate in the ‘forum’ on Thursday, so we can judge the cut of the jib of our thirty five billionaires.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Just to be clear 🧐
    Does it ? Where in the EFL deal does it say that increased revenues for clubs need to be spent on the pitch ? Yes the club got more money from the Sky deal but it was the club that elected to spend it on Stadium infrastructure. 
  • Options
    edited June 24
    shirty5 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Just to be clear 🧐
    Does it ? Where in the EFL deal does it say that increased revenues for clubs need to be spent on the pitch ? Yes the club got more money from the Sky deal but it was the club that elected to spend it on Stadium infrastructure. 
    Do the maths. Pitch 1.2m.
     Grant 750k Sky Money 450k

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Just to be clear 🧐

Good thing that's all of our expenditure for the season wrapped up in one payment, bloody owners it's all gonna be profit profit profit from here 🙄
  • Options
    edited June 24
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Just to be clear 🧐

Good thing that's all of our expenditure for the season wrapped up in one payment, bloody owners it's all gonna be profit profit profit from here 🙄
    One less thing to fork out for.