Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    I would be delighted if we could achieve what Plymouth Argyle have achieved over the last two seasons in our next two seasons.
  • Options

Now ya talking....what a great player he was, could do with his like now that's for sure...👍
    Favourite player when I was a lad. Was so pissed off when we sold him to Birmingham, but it's what we did, and still do.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    That's a very unfortunate name for a footballer let alone a keeper
    Wasn’t there a keeper called Gotobed?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Wasn’t there a keeper called Gotobed?
    Indeed. First name Ben.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    follett said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I think he’s out of reach for a League One side but noticed a couple of Luton fans today saying that Nathan Jones might be interested in Allan Campbell.

25 y/o. 75 appearances across two seasons in the Championship for Luton but didn’t have much involvement in Millwall’s team this past season, only nine starts and didn’t make an appearance after Christmas.
    Hope not. We need to be looking at players who've played 30+ games this season at a minimum and players who have performed consistently well for 2-3 seasons.
    Allan Campbell would be fantastic at this level imo
    On current ability he definitely feels like an upgrade on Karoy, just lacking match sharpness. Then again he'd have the whole pre season to get up to scratch
    I think he’d be more of a Dobson replacement than a Karoy replacement. If we got someone like Luke Berry, who has been mentioned, that would be the Karoy replacement that would add goals from midfield 
    22 goals in 155 apps at Luton we need better goalscorers from midfield then that 
    Shall we sign Foden or Bellingham instead then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brownie12 said:
    NabySarr said:
    follett said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I think he’s out of reach for a League One side but noticed a couple of Luton fans today saying that Nathan Jones might be interested in Allan Campbell.

25 y/o. 75 appearances across two seasons in the Championship for Luton but didn’t have much involvement in Millwall’s team this past season, only nine starts and didn’t make an appearance after Christmas.
    Hope not. We need to be looking at players who've played 30+ games this season at a minimum and players who have performed consistently well for 2-3 seasons.
    Allan Campbell would be fantastic at this level imo
    On current ability he definitely feels like an upgrade on Karoy, just lacking match sharpness. Then again he'd have the whole pre season to get up to scratch
    I think he’d be more of a Dobson replacement than a Karoy replacement. If we got someone like Luke Berry, who has been mentioned, that would be the Karoy replacement that would add goals from midfield 
    22 goals in 155 apps at Luton we need better goalscorers from midfield then that 
    Shall we sign Foden or Bellingham instead then?
    Foden is too short, Bellingham never done it in the Premier League so 

What about his brother Jobe Bellingham?

• Options

Now ya talking....what a great player he was, could do with his like now that's for sure...👍
    Favourite player when I was a lad. Was so pissed off when we sold him to Birmingham, but it's what we did, and still do.
    We sell players to a wide range of clubs, not just Birmingham 😉
  • Options
    Harry Cant, 19 or 20 year old keeper from QPR played on trial for the U21s today.

Assume he is the same keeper who was warming up with the first team v Wycombe.

Another player, Phillips (no first name given), played No. 11 so at a guess a winger/striker although numbers don't mean much these days.

Both will sign and be our only signings until 31 August so feel free to start moaning now.
    At last….Kevin Phillips!  We’ve waited years for him and now he’s no longer managing Hartlepool he’s ours!!  
    Of course this probably means we are selling May
  • Options
    There has been a severe lack of train station based rumours so far. I am disappointed. Where is Gary who saw Freddie woodman on the 1242 southbound platform on Elizabeth line when you need him?
  • Options
    Any rumous?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Any rumous?
    I think NJ likes to keep things on a need to know basis and when we need to know is when they have actually signed.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Any rumous?
    There's a rumour that there are no rumours.  ;)
    That's a fact...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mine too. Absolutely cracking midfielder.
  • Options
    edited May 7
    Gribbo said:
    Any rumous?
    Is that like hummus?

More chance of that at this point...
  • Options
    When do the members of CharltonLife’s intelligentsia reckon it’s ok to start stressing about a lack of rumours and signings. Also interested in the position of CharltonLife’s shadowy cabal. Next season is too important and I don’t want to mistime my bed wetting 
  • Options
    When do the members of CharltonLife’s intelligentsia reckon it’s ok to start stressing about a lack of rumours and signings. Also interested in the position of CharltonLife’s shadowy cabal. Next season is too important and I don’t want to mistime my bed wetting 
    You can start dribbling now.
  • Options
    edited May 7
    You can start dribbling now.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    How about:-
    Jizz Hornkamp is a Dutch professional footballer who plays as a forward for Eredivisie club Heracles Almelo.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Not as unfortunate as Andy Hunt's lesser known brother Mike! 
  • Options
     Next season is too important and I don’t want to mistime my bed wetting 
    I noted these were on offer again at Boots. 

They seem to time their sales drive to sync with our transfer Windows.