Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited May 6
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Piergianni no thanks!! We need better than that, I am sure we are shopping in a better market now! 
    Our aim (and therefore our market) is to have the best players in league one.  He’s made team of the season playing for Stevenage and being captain of one of the best defences in the league.  He also won supporters POTY for the second year in a row.

Fair do if you just don’t think he’s good enough, but he’s definitely in the conversation.  We’re desperate to keep Dobbo, what market is he in if this guys not in our market, Stevenage are a better team than us currently.  
    More to do with the style that Stevenage play.. if he is conversation that is extremely disappointing! Jones want's players he can improve and improve us.. He certainly doesn't fit that!!

If looking for an experienced defender, I think he will get someone that is coming down the leagues, rather than a much travelled low league journeyman, who has had a couple of good seasons of lump ball! 
  • Options
    Priority is promotion as soon as possible. Hard to balance players to get you out of league one with players you expect can step up should you achieve promotion. I’m hoping our shopping list focuses on the latter rather than the former. Jones said that he’d spent his time out of football studying teams and players and has a good handle on players that he wants. I reckon he had that list written as soon as he got the job. Signing them is quite another thing though. 
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Swisdom said:
    If you read the Fleetwood fans’ comments you’ll see he is key to them.  I expect he only signed a contract to guarantee them a decent fee this summer.  

He’s definitely worth a look as we want to improve our mobility and physical presence.

BUT I don’t think he was particularly happy woth the club when he left so Nathan might need to massage his ego a bit.
    Didn't his agent suggest our management team were racist for not picking him?
    It was a fall out with Grant Basey. Also caused friction with Basey and Euell which is why Basey left. 
    Hard to judge as I don’t know him personally, but I never seem to hear good things about Basey
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Swisdom said:
    If you read the Fleetwood fans’ comments you’ll see he is key to them.  I expect he only signed a contract to guarantee them a decent fee this summer.  

He’s definitely worth a look as we want to improve our mobility and physical presence.

BUT I don’t think he was particularly happy woth the club when he left so Nathan might need to massage his ego a bit.
    That was Jay Mingi
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Swisdom said:

That was Jay Mingi
    Also a rumour on Twitter we're interested in him...
  • Options
    edited May 6
  • Options

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Ipswich’s premier league bound promotion winning team had a mix of former league 2, league 1, championship and freebie former Prem players in it. I knew very few of the names when my lad showed me the list. It serves to prove that it is the cocktail you produce with the right mix of ingredients rather than the quality of ingredients themselves which can make for a promotion winning side. In NJ I trust, am not going to worry about it as long as he is leading on the recruitment now…

Hladky - Salford

Burgess - Accrington Stanley

Chaplin - Barnsley

Burns - Fleetwood

Davis - Leeds

Hirst - Leicester

Morsy - Middlesbrough

Luongo - Free

Tuanzebe - Free

Ipswich spent a huge amount of money
    Their LB Brandon Williams is reportedly on 65k a week

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Would people have wanted Matt Taylor in 2011, no probably not! I am sure people wanted that colchester centre back. Worked out well.
    I don't know anything abt the current centre backs being mentioned, but I was very pleased when Taylor signed. My dad is an Exeter fan (and Charlton obvs) and I remember him saying at the time "we may not have heard of some of the players coming through the door, but if they're all the standard of Taylor then we're onto a winner", and so it proved. Its not where you're from, it's all about where you're going. COYA
    You will be in the small percentage. People wanted Karleigh Osborne or Okuounghae.
  • Options
    edited May 6
    YTS1978 said:
    Would people have wanted Matt Taylor in 2011, no probably not! I am sure people wanted that colchester centre back. Worked out well.
    I don't know anything abt the current centre backs being mentioned, but I was very pleased when Taylor signed. My dad is an Exeter fan (and Charlton obvs) and I remember him saying at the time "we may not have heard of some of the players coming through the door, but if they're all the standard of Taylor then we're onto a winner", and so it proved. Its not where you're from, it's all about where you're going. COYA
    You will be in the small percentage. People wanted Karleigh Osborne or Okuounghae.
    Indeed mate, but we had insider knowledge. I wouldn't rule out a player from Stevenage as being a potential good signing just cause of the football they play. Northampton had a giant of a centre half who looked good and the fella who bullied Kanu out of the game at Wycombe was good too. Not sure who either of them are though!

Edit. We need a Pearce style player at the back who can organise the rest of them and inspire. That is very very clear
  • Options
    Fraser Horsfall would be a good buy at CB.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    I forgot about them but remember Okuounghae being one of those “must sign” players. Danny Green was too and he disappointed. 

I’m sure it’s also where the famous height test started. Morrison and Taylor were deemed too short by someone on here for a promotion winning team despite both being over 6 ft.
  • Options
    I'd be shocked if May left this summer, although it does slightly look like Jones isn't the biggest fan of him. Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but if so it's a shame as he's our best player IMO. 
    He might go if someone like Wrexham offers a million 
  • Options

Very interesting, and assuming the numbers are for incoming new signings, not loans, it seems like £1m +/- £250k in the summer and January windows combined gets you there or thereabouts. Maybe the +/- allows for the baseline, i.e. how many you need to bring in?
    Given NJ doesn't sound overly big on loans can we have £1.2m please Mr Methven?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could cash in on May as Wilson likely to leave Newcastle and would be a perfect replacement.
    I can't tell if you're joking or not... 
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Swisdom said:

It was a fall out with Grant Basey. Also caused friction with Basey and Euell which is why Basey left. 
    Hard to judge as I don’t know him personally, but I never seem to hear good things about Basey
    I've heard really positive and some negative tbf. Cray Wanderers spoke highly of him, as did Gallen, however ask someone like Euelly and you'd hear totally different
  • Options
    So today on Charlton life

1. Scott Fraser should sign for bromley
    2. Callum Wilson should sign for charlton
    3. we all have to be Bromley fans

please let us make a signing this week, release our new kit, announce a friendly. Anything to make this pain end!!!!!!
    Dont worry we'll get drawn with Palace U21s and Bromley in the EFL Trophy tomorrow ;)
  • Options
    edited May 6
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Dizzle said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Swisdom said:

I've heard really positive and some negative tbf. Cray Wanderers spoke highly of him, as did Gallen, however ask someone like Euelly and you'd hear totally different
    Have not seen it anywhere on CL and I know this isnt the place for it but Basey is now a London Firefighter(fact,not a rumour)
  • Options
    edited May 6
    I think he’s out of reach for a League One side but noticed a couple of Luton fans today saying that Nathan Jones might be interested in Allan Campbell.

25 y/o. 75 appearances across two seasons in the Championship for Luton but didn’t have much involvement in Millwall’s team this past season, only nine starts and didn’t make an appearance after Christmas.
  • Options
    So today on Charlton life

1. Scott Fraser should sign for bromley
    2. Callum Wilson should sign for charlton
    3. we all have to be Bromley fans

please let us make a signing this week, release our new kit, announce a friendly. Anything to make this pain end!!!!!!
    Blimey, you’ve reached the end of your tether quickly!
    The season’s not even over for all the playoff teams and prem sides, but you’ve run out of patience with our close season already! I dread to think what you’ll be like in July/August! 😂
  • Options
    edited May 6
    I think he’s out of reach for a League One side but noticed a couple of Luton fans today saying that Nathan Jones might be interested in Allan Campbell.

25 y/o. 75 appearances across two seasons in the Championship for Luton but didn’t have much involvement in Millwall’s team this past season, only nine starts and didn’t make an appearance after Christmas.
    Hope not. We need to be looking at players who've played 30+ games this season at a minimum and players who have performed consistently well for 2-3 seasons.