Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Wiredu signed 👍🏼
    but for who? 
    Not sure.
    But a mate of my next door neighbour reckons his mate saw him drinking Unicum 
  • Options
    He’s managed to sign before the transfer window has opened?
    Pretty standard for players to be speaking to clubs at this point. 
  • Options
    Players can sign for clubs at any point of the year, they just can’t join & register with their new clubs until the transfer windows open
  • Options
    According to Wiki, BSW still has a year left on his Fleetwood contract.

Maybe he came back to pick up some boots he left at training ground 😉
  • Options
    edited May 4
    Wiredu Just signed a new contract in January hasn’t he? Have to say, I am impressed how far he has come but is he really the standard needed to get us out this league? Anyhow, can’t see fleetwood parting with him for cheap unless he managed to sneak in a relegation release fee in there before he signed 
  • Options
    edited May 4
    According to Wiki, BSW still has a year left on his Fleetwood contract.

Maybe he came back to pick up some boots he left at training ground 😉
    2 years, he signed a new deal in January until June 26. 
  • Options
    Wiredu Just signed a new contract in January hasn’t he? Have to say, I am impressed how far he has come but is he really the standard needed to get us out this league? Anyhow, can’t see fleetwood parting with him for cheap unless he managed to sneak in a relegation release fee in there before he signed 
    I doubt he would have signed a new deal without a relegation release fee. 
  • Options
    edited May 4
    Depends on how their finances are shaking out. Andrew Pilley is holding off divesting his ownership as long as possible and he's drafting in his children to replace him but it might be that there's enough uncertainty with their cashflow that they can't afford to turn down a fair offer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not this old chestnut again. You can sign for a club at any time but you can’t play until the next window opens.
  • Options
    If and this is a big if he was at SL it doesn’t mean he has signed, it could just be a preliminary chat with NJ to see if it would be a good move for both parties. 
  • Options
    Depends on how their finances are shaking out. Andrew Pilley is holding off divesting his ownership as long as possible and he's drafting in his children to replace him but it might be that there's enough uncertainty with their cashflow that they can't afford to turn down a fair offer

I think you've hit the nail on the head here , no one really knows what the financial situation is at Fleetwood. It could be that they need to take any offers that are on the table because of the Pilley situation. 
  • Options
    Wiredu signed 👍🏼
    Source?

Won’t name who but saw an ex player earlier who said Wiredu was at the training ground today
    Thanks but not quite the same as "signed".

Not that I wouldn't be happy to have him but WIOTOS
    Yeah appreciate the scepticism but sounded nailed on to me, let’s see!
  • Options
    Not this old chestnut again. You can sign for a club at any time but you can’t play until the next window opens.
    You also can’t get registered
  • Options
    You also can’t get registered
    But he can still sign which is what your opening post suggested he couldn’t.
  • Options
    So from discussing signing players from the Championship we are now getting excited about signing players that got relegated from League 1 😂😂😂😂😂.

Don't change will you. I need the laughs. 
    I don’t think there’s a single post expressing excitement.  
  • Options
    So from discussing signing players from the Championship we are now getting excited about signing players that got relegated from League 1 😂😂😂😂😂.

One of the problems with relegation is that teams from that league and above will come in and nick your best players. because they are good players.
    They may have been unavailable at a reasonable price if the team had not been relegated, but now that club can’t hold onto them if they want to leave.
    It is inconceivable to me that his agent would have let him sign a new contract in January without a relegation release clause. 
    At the end of the day, the only criteria I am interested in, is if he is good enough.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wiredu signed 👍🏼
    Source?

Won’t name who but saw an ex player earlier who said Wiredu was at the training ground today
    Thanks but not quite the same as "signed".

Not that I wouldn't be happy to have him but WIOTOS
    Yeah appreciate the scepticism but sounded nailed on to me, let’s see!
    Appreciate the info, keep it coming.

Can see BSW as a Jones type player.
  • Options
    We need to sign the starters first. The back ups can sign later.

Wiredu was always highly rated but from what I understand really didn't get along with the then management team. 

I'm not sure he'd be a starter for me, but he has looked decent this season in a poor side... 
  • Options

Our three best signings last year were from Cheltenham, Harrogate and St Mirren (Loan)... Two of our (many) worst signings were from a side just promoted to the Premier League.
    Plus a few years ago we signed a player who had spent half the season at a team that finished 19th in L1 and then got released by his 4th place L1 parent club. Why are we going after lower-end players who aren't even wanted by top L1 teams?!?! Oh wait it was George Dobson.
  • Options
    Whoever walks through the door comes with no guarantees and may or may not be good player for us. All anyone can do is follow a coherent strategy intended to improve the quality of the squad at the managers disposal, trying to minimize the risks, and then let the chips fall as they may.
  • Options
    edited May 5
    Where do Football League World get their info from? They have posted speculative possible players (naturally i've never heard of most of them), including a Goalie who, if I remember rightly, got the beans from the Covered End.

Are they "reputable" (SIC!) journo's or just some spotty youth in his bedroom with fantasy football league expertise (bit like Thomas Driesen without Belgian backup)