Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options

This is the quality we should be aspiring to if we are serious about promotion. 
  • Options
    Not sure many Championship players will want to drop down a league (and take a pay cut into the bargain) to play for a team that struggled to win many games. 

I'll be watching with interest over the weeks to come.
  • Options
    Bournesnr said:
    If Piergianni is that good how’s he reached the ripe old age of 31 and never played above league 1?
    It’s a no from me thank you.
    Neither has Alfie May and he'll be 31 by the time the season starts.
  • Options
    Wiredu signed 👍🏼
    Source?
  • Options
    edited May 4
    Would anyone be at the training ground...?
  • Options
    Wiredu signed 👍🏼
    Source?

Won’t name who but saw an ex player earlier who said Wiredu was at the training ground today
    Thanks but not quite the same as "signed".

Not that I wouldn't be happy to have him but WIOTOS
  • Options
    edited May 4
    He looked good, didn’t he, for Fleetwood. Would be happy if we brought him home, based on that performance only, though. 
    And Henners, I wish I could have a Pound for every time you’re going to write WIOTOS over the next few weeks! 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do we really want to be signing a defender from one of the worst defenses in league one (even worse than us) just because he is a former academy product and played well once against us?
  • Options
    Do we really want to be signing a defender from one of the worst defenses in league one (even worse than us) just because he is a former academy product and played well once against us?
    He’s played well against multiple teams. One man doesn't make a squad, if he has the right attributes to play in a NJ squad and can contribute then it’s a good signing. 
  • Options
    If we signed piergianni I think he would end up like Lavelle/inniss for us. Looks okay in a team playing no football because he’s dominant in the air but don’t think he is good enough for a promotion team.
    I completely disagree.  I’d never heard of Innis or Lavelle and I’m fairly certain they didn’t get in a league one team of the season.  Neither of them could lace his boots.  
  • Options
    If Brendan is going to sign it will be an interesting journey for him and us.
    I first became aware of him when he was coming through the ranks around five or six years ago.
    To me he stood out for a number of reasons. One he seemed rather bigger and more powerful than his peers, and he used that strength with enough of a soupçon of skill (Think Thierry Small at the moment), and could power down on goal.
    I also remember a bit of moodiness when distracted in play, he wasn't the kind of 'do it, quick do the next thing' type of player. Occasionally an artist at work, occasionally indulgent.
    I believe he featured on the fringes of some cup games for us in very brief cameos, but went out on loan at Bromley, then Colchester who had then as they do now, a credible development system for a club at their level.
    I suppose a decision then had to be taken to release him and Colchester were happy to take him, and he has generally made decent progress since then. 
    I am impressed that he has had the strength of character to not give up after early disappointment. I think he is a classic East London cage footballer type (notwithstanding he is an individual person too), and returning to his roots might very well seem like a great chance when he is sitting around up there at relegated Fleetwood.
    It wasn't foolish to let him go when we did, and it wouldn't be humiliating to take him back either.
    His journey makes me wonder if a player like Aaron Henry will do the same. Also Albie Morgan kind of fits into the same category of Academy graduate.
  • Options
    The season’s still technically in play and we’ve spotted a player at the training ground.  Don’t ever change charlton life. 
  • Options
    The season’s still technically in play and we’ve spotted a player at the training ground.  Don’t ever change charlton life. 
    Tbf I’m expecting some deals done soon as a lot of players will want to get sorted so moving and holidays can get planned asap.
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Tbf I’m expecting some deals done soon as a lot of players will want to get sorted so moving and holidays can get planned asap.
    I hope you’re right.
  • Options
    Would he be the Dobson replacement? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I doubt we’ll be signing him as a defender
  • Options
    The local Fleetwood podcaster/journalist (a very impressive guy) who Louis had on Charlton Life recently said that Brendan Wiredu had been far and away their best player this season and they were hoping he’d generate Championship interest and a good fee. I think he’s mainly being playing for them in central defence but is clearly a very versatile player, who can also play in midfield or full back.

I remember seeing him in a couple a pre-season games a few years ago when he looked pretty impressive and scored a few goals. I was a bit surprised when we let him go, although decisions have to be made on players.

It remains to be seen if there’s anything in this but he looks as if he could be an interesting signing and one with potential to significantly improve.
  • Options
    He’s managed to sign before the transfer window has opened?
  • Options
    edited May 4
    Chunes said:
    Signed a pre-contract agreement. Anyone know if it's binding?
    Someone in Hungary who could shine some light on this...
  • Options
    it's a new era I tell you. 
  • Options
    Wiredu signed 👍🏼
    but for who?