Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Club must be in financial difficulties if we're taking in boarders  ;)
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    7 or 8 players they are looking to bring in this summer. They are looking to ship another 1 or 2 on as well.

I understand Jones has done a lot of scouting north of border, so I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one come in from Scotland.
    I make it 21 contracted at the moment with TC and Small likely to sign 23, the above would leave us with a very big squad, perhaps a few out on loan too.  Asimwe and Mitchell perhaps.  
  • Options
    Scott Fraser 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Shipping 1 or 2 means more IMO, they are keeping expectations low is my guess. We must be trying to get rid of at least half a dozen more...
    The more “surplus” players we move on the more can be spent on those we’re looking to bring in. This window at least, who and how many we ship out is almost as important as who we bring in. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Any rumous?
    Is that like hummus?

More chance of that at this point...
    Instead of chick peas they use rhubarb.
  • Options
    Any more hairdo photos anyone? 

Particularly from north of the border.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    7 or 8 players they are looking to bring in this summer. They are looking to ship another 1 or 2 on as well.

I understand Jones has done a lot of scouting north of border, so I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one come in from Scotland.
    Literally 1 or 2 or is that a turn of phrase?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Shipping 1 or 2 means more IMO, they are keeping expectations low is my guess. We must be trying to get rid of at least half a dozen more...
    Fraser, McGrandles, one of the keepers at the bare minimum you'd think.

Ness (at least on loan), Watson, Edun, Taylor wouldn't be that surprising either.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Fraser, McGrandles, one of the keepers at the bare minimum you'd think.

Ness (at least on loan), Watson, Edun, Taylor wouldn't be that surprising either.
    Agree with both of the above, I’m sure it’s managing expectations and ideally they’ll want double figures in signings and at least 4 or 5 to move on.
  • Options
    edited May 8
    We paid a fee for Edun and could already be looking to move him on. Good grief... 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    We paid a fee for Edun and could already be looking to move him on. Good grief... 
    Be interesting to see if he is deemed good enough to keep by Jones. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Wasn’t there talk that we didn’t pay a fee for him or it was minimal, mainly a sell on or other clauses?
  • Options
    Any more hairdo photos anyone? 

Particularly from north of the border.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    Wasn’t there talk that we didn’t pay a fee for him or it was minimal, mainly a sell on or other clauses?

Yeah from what I recall it was a free/nominal fee but with a sell on. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    Don't know, but was reported in the press as undisclosed fee. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:

Yeah from what I recall it was a free/nominal fee but with a sell on. 

A nominal fee would have been too much
  • Options
    They already sold a biggish stake so I imagine they either sell down more or get out completely.  They will make a lot of money and fair play to them but it was high risk and unsustainable.  Most clubs that try it fail (see Derby etc).
    Can’t see them selling out as it undermines the security of the valuable income stream (from the debt interest/rent paid by the club) all pension funds need and would have been the priority over capital gains. They can cover initial investment with partial sale and relax with the ability to sell off stakes in parcels to take profits. It’ was a very long term play that’s hit the jackpot short term.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I would be delighted if we could achieve what Plymouth Argyle have achieved over the last two seasons in our next two seasons.
    Prefer to do what Ipswich have done
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Fraser 😁
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Player called Scott Fraser may have caught the eye...
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Not sure how achievable it is by Fraser’s team mate Laurence Shankland would be a spectacular signing, scores goals for fun up there. That or someone in a John McGinn mould would do just nicely  
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Not sure how achievable it is by Fraser’s team mate Laurence Shankland would be a spectacular signing, scores goals for fun up there. That or someone in a John McGinn mould would do just nicely  
    He'll go to Rangers this summer.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Ahh probably won’t be coming to us then 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Ahh probably won’t be coming to us then 
    Stafford Rangers…🤔