Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    We are pretty close to signing a forward..
    Other forum is saying they don’t play in England. So maybe one from Jones scouting north of the border? 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    We paid a fee for Edun and could already be looking to move him on. Good grief... 
    Edun was perhaps the most disappointing of our summer signings, for me. He had good pedigree at this level and I know a Lincoln fan who told me he was very good for them (also told me McGrandles would be injured more than he'd play and would be unspectacular when he did play which was spot on). I expected a lot more but it just hasn't happened for him.
    Felt Edun showed what he could do but was very inconsistent. Personally feel he will be here next year so hopefully he can kick on. Will have a job moving Small out the side though.. 
    I always felt he was the kind of guy who kept a very tidy desk but didn't do much work. He was small, which was an issue when so many others in our team were small and lightweight. Don't think he did too well defensively (eg Gillingham Cup) , couldn't tackle aggressively enough.When he got upfield he always hesitated, failing to cross or pick anything but a backwards pass. Didn't get that many run outs in midfield, where he might have done better, one of those last games he did -started well but disappeared and got pulled at half time. Not for me.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Other forum is saying they don’t play in England. So maybe one from Jones scouting north of the border? 
    Wales isn’t in England although I suppose his games 50% are. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Bayern out of Champions League now. Makes sense.
    Kane would feel very comfortable not winning anything with us.

He's been promised that we're going to go all out to win the EFL Trophy next season. It'll be a proud moment for him as he wins his first trophy, scoring the winning goal as we beat Mansfield in the final.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    How tall is he?
    If rumours are to be believed he passes the CL height test
    Fits in with the type of player we are interested in (positionallly, culturally, size)
    and from the footage Ive seen he looks like he could be very interesting indeed
    Monster incoming?
  • Options
    If this turns out to be true.  We are done in the striker department I assume we all agree?  May, New player, Kanu, Leaburn, Aneke.  I’d be happy so long as the new player is decent.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If from north of the border my guess is Theo Bair from Motherwell.
  • Options
    edited May 9
    If this turns out to be true.  We are done in the striker department I assume we all agree?  May, New player, Kanu, Leaburn, Aneke.  I’d be happy so long as the new player is decent.  
    You'd think so, I could see him starting new striker and Leaburn tbh. Depends if Jones would want extra cover given Aneke has a habit of missing 3/4 of the season. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    How tall is he?
    If rumours are to be believed he passes the CL height test
    Fits in with the type of player we are interested in (positionallly, culturally, size)
    and from the footage Ive seen he looks like he could be very interesting indeed
    Is this as well as or instead of the LB who is not an LB?
  • Options
    edited May 9
    nagAddick said:
    If from north of the border my guess is Theo Bair from Motherwell.
    Wouldn't be a bad signing... I don't know who it actually is, but have heard big and scored a few this season. No idea if they're Scottish or simply from the SPL.

Seems a nice chap, hadn't heard of him before this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60BEs4TjZbg
  • Options
    If we keep hold of May , Kanu and Leaburn I think the new striker will be the long term replacement for Aneke. 
    Aneke now only has one year left on his contract and no way will it be extended 
    Aneke has been written off two or three a season since he joined Charlton. He keeps proving people wrong.
  • Options
    If we keep hold of May , Kanu and Leaburn I think the new striker will be the long term replacement for Aneke. 
    Aneke now only has one year left on his contract and no way will it be extended 
    Aneke has been written off two or three a season since he joined Charlton. He keeps proving people wrong.
    He's certainly always got a part to play but the old addage of "When Aneke plays we don't lose" fell away last game of the season. 
  • Options
    So, everyone is googling 6ft + centre forwards that play in Scotland right? 
  • Options
    So, everyone is googling 6ft + centre forwards that play in Scotland right? 
    100%
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I actually don't think Blair would be an amazing signing for us, this is the first season in his career where he has scored more than 3 goals, feels risky given we need proven quality at this stage 
  • Options
    Louis Moult 
  • Options
    Interesting comment from Bair in the YouTube film......... when he was with St Johnstone he wasn't playing well and the team also weren't performing, so he found it difficult to score many..... but when the team came good the goals came along for him......... I'm excited to think what we've got in store with Alfie May...... all those goals last season with a poorly performing bunch........ what have we got in store next season if he's playing with a decent group of players!
  • Options
    Interesting comment from Bair in the YouTube film......... when he was with St Johnstone he wasn't playing well and the team also weren't performing, so he found it difficult to score many..... but when the team came good the goals came along for him......... I'm excited to think what we've got in store with Alfie May...... all those goals last season with a poorly performing bunch........ what have we got in store next season if he's playing with a decent group of players!
    Yeah a decent group of players at Watford 
  • Options
    follett said:
    You'd think so, I could see him starting new striker and Leaburn tbh. Depends if Jones would want extra cover given Aneke has a habit of missing 3/4 of the season. 
    We need 4, and the 5th the bonus that is Aneke if he’s fit.  I’m happy if the new player is decent, Kanu is only going to get better as is Leaburn once fit.  
  • Options
    I actually don't think Blair would be an amazing signing for us, this is the first season in his career where he has scored more than 3 goals, feels risky given we need proven quality at this stage 
    Writting someone off who hasn’t been confirmed as linked with us is a new one, we will never be happy with anyone will we 🤣
    Is it a new one or just commenting on the speculation as has been done a million times before? For the record I don't watch Motherwell every week so he could be mustard but his record doesn't feel me with hope or excitement 
  • Options
    edited May 9
    Writting someone off who hasn’t been confirmed as linked with us is a new one, we will never be happy with anyone will we 🤣
    More to the point what does 'confirmed as linked' even mean in reality? I'm sure there are ample examples of transfers we've never heard a thing about and 'links' that never happened at all 
  • Options
    follett said:
    4+ Aneke is plenty. 

3 "first choice" strikers in May, Miles and the new guy, with Kanu as backup and Aneke as supersub