Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited May 10
    Is Bair being on our radar an example of our improved scouting network in practice I wonder, and has the 8-8-8 template for success been consigned to where it belongs. 
  • Options
    One good season. Its a punt, of course.
  • Options
    Very nice hair. 
  • Options
    I'm keen on her  him definitely sign him up
    She has a computer science degree... I bet she likes trains too. What a catch.
  • Options
    Looking at her Instagram, she's been in London this last week. Clearly checking out flats in Mottingham.

Can't beat Coldharbour Estate, I remember it well...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One good season. Its a punt, of course.
    It is. But the model we seem to be following is basically either one big gamble or quite a lot of smaller ones depending on how you look at it - a big name coach (for this level) who will bring on talented younger players and hopefully recoup or even profit on them as the team progresses. Small, Ramsay and now (possibly) Bair seem to be indicative that taking punts on youngsters with potential will be at least a proportion of the business we do - for better or worse.

Ideally we do also need at least a few proven quality players at their peak but those are going be expensive so probably not the main focus.
  • Options
    6'2 and willing to learn and develop coming after his best season and at a good age, seen very little of him but really like this deal 
  • Options
    The pictures and comments/posts of his other half are inappropriately weird and I hope the mods delete them. @aliwibble
    Anyway, if he joins then good luck to him. I wonder what Championship clubs were looking at him.  Looks like a big lump who started slowly at Motherwell but gives 100% effort, is willing to learn and keen to improve and has done.
    I’d say comments stopped short of distasteful. As to putting up the photos in the first place I’m open to your argument. 

But also genuine (not rhetorical) question… please someone explain how speculating and posting photos on our niche forum could derail the possible transfer? 
  • Options
    The pictures and comments/posts of his other half are inappropriately weird and I hope the mods delete them. @aliwibble
    Anyway, if he joins then good luck to him. I wonder what Championship clubs were looking at him.  Looks like a big lump who started slowly at Motherwell but gives 100% effort, is willing to learn and keen to improve and has done.
    I’d say comments stopped short of distasteful. As to putting up the photos in the first place I’m open to your argument. 

But also genuine (not rhetorical) question… please someone explain how speculating and posting photos on our niche forum could derail the possible transfer? 
    The answer to your question is that it might piss off the player who may think we have a bunch of pervs for fans.
  • Options
    edited May 10
    redbuttle said:

The answer to your question is that it might piss off the player who may think we have a bunch of pervs for fans.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

The answer to your question is that it might piss off the player who may realise we have a bunch of pervs for fans.
    Fixed it for you

(Just for clarity this is absolutely a joke and I know that most fans are actually completely decent people. Well... mostly decent. Well...)
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    redbuttle said:

The answer to your question is that it might piss off the player who may realise we have a bunch of pervs for fans.
    Fixed it for you

(Just for clarity this is absolutely a joke and I know that most fans are actually completely decent people. Well... mostly decent. Well...)
    Thanks
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

Mmm except that there are pervs everywhere and the related posts  are from a subset of a subset of fans. And I would say the comments are very tame compared to what very many women suffer from. Also noting that she has a public account that she doesn’t seem to mind literally billions of people to look at. I do not feel that strongly about the whole affair - I just find myself with a few minutes to kill and thought I’d kick this about. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CafcSCP said:

So clearly a player we are discussing on forums
    Fixed it for you…
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:

So clearly a player we are discussing 
    The Scottish season not finished yet…
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    And he's not refusing to play the remaining games so he can join us ?

• Options
    Canada will be playing in the Copa America throughout June. He has got a lot of football in front of him. 
  • Options
    edited May 10
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    And he's not refusing to play the remaining games so he can join us ?

• Options
    Sounds to me that Charlton “like” Bair but that’s about as far as it’s got. Certainly not close or better than 50/50 if that. If there is a striker close to signing it’s not him. Godden perhaps ?
  • Options
    is it premature to compose the Theo Bair song ?