Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited May 10
    Thinking around the problem with Bair here. He’s got three (?) more games for Motherwell and is then off to play for Canada during most of June. Now it may be he wants to be sorted out for his domestic future before he jets off but it is a potential problem for us. If he’s agent is saying don’t commit to anything until after you’ve had a potentially very good international tournament and that makes perfect sense as there will be scouts from all over the world looking at the games then it leaves Charlton in a limbo with the possibility of will he or won’t he. Can we afford to wait that long with no guarantees that we’ll get our man leaving us looking for alternatives quite late on. He certainly looks a prospect but the more we find out the more it seems to me to be quite a long shot. In fact Copa America doesn’t finish until mid July although I accept Bair is unlikely to be involved at that point. My guess is that Bair is this years Nombe.
  • Options
    Thinking around the problem with Bair here. He’s got three (?) more games for Motherwell and is then off to play for Canada during most of June. Now it may be he wants to be sorted out for his domestic future before he jets off but it is a potential problem for us. If he’s agent is saying don’t commit to anything until after you’ve had a potentially very good international tournament and that makes perfect sense as there will be scouts from all over the world looking at the games then it leaves Charlton in a limbo with the possibility of will he or won’t he. Can we afford to wait that long with no guarantees that we’ll get our man leaving us looking for alternatives quite late on. He certainly looks a prospect but the more we find out the more it seems to me to be quite a long shot. In fact Copa America doesn’t finish until mid July although I accept Bair is unlikely to be involved at that point.
    This assumes that Bair is the main/only target. It seems quite plausible to me that we could have him as a "later" signing but still be looking at another striker in addition who arrives first.
  • Options
    is it premature to compose the Theo Bair song ?
    Here you go:

I love that song. 
  • Options
    The pictures and comments/posts of his other half are inappropriately weird and I hope the mods delete them. @aliwibble
    Anyway, if he joins then good luck to him. I wonder what Championship clubs were looking at him.  Looks like a big lump who started slowly at Motherwell but gives 100% effort, is willing to learn and keen to improve and has done.
    I’d say comments stopped short of distasteful. As to putting up the photos in the first place I’m open to your argument. 

But also genuine (not rhetorical) question… please someone explain how speculating and posting photos on our niche forum could derail the possible transfer? 
    And surely the whole point of an Instagram/Tiktok account, where you put up photos of yourself posing in stylish dresses and swimwear is to attract attention to yourself?

That's how social media influencers work, by attracting attention to get more hits on your site.

This isn't the original poster going  on her family Facebook page and picking out random holiday photos.

I think there's quite a substantial difference between putting stuff online yourself and people then taking those photos and posting them elsewhere for people to be creepy over them. Imagine it from your perspective (and I guess assume you're an attractive mid-20s woman, which you might be!) You post a picture of yourself online on your own page where you look nice. Subsequently that picture finds its way over to a forum for a third division football team where a load of people comment on your appearance all because your boyfriend has been rumoured to be signing for their team. You'd be creeped out. Engagement on the internet is only positive if it's on your terms, I don't think she gets a huge amount of positive cash flow from Charlton Life having a bit of a moment over her and just because you pursue engagement in one way doesn't justify the negative aspects that tend to follow it round. I'm not digging you out at all, I'm just saying that the point of her posting pictures of her public Instagram isn't to have those pictures pop up across other websites like this, that's a negative byproduct. But also I'm a mid-30s man and I don't have Instagram or Tiktok so what do I know?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Okay, looks like the cat is out the bag.. As I said, it might be a couple of weeks, but it is close.. Providing another club further up doesn't come in. But it is looking good!

Can't he sign a pre contract agreement?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Okay, looks like the cat is out the bag.. As I said, it might be a couple of weeks, but it is close.. Providing another club further up doesn't come in. But it is looking good!

Of course, but also might be a case, of let's get the season done! 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

One that’s legally binding with UEFA and FIFA
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Thinking around the problem with Bair here. He’s got three (?) more games for Motherwell and is then off to play for Canada during most of June. Now it may be he wants to be sorted out for his domestic future before he jets off but it is a potential problem for us. If he’s agent is saying don’t commit to anything until after you’ve had a potentially very good international tournament and that makes perfect sense as there will be scouts from all over the world looking at the games then it leaves Charlton in a limbo with the possibility of will he or won’t he. Can we afford to wait that long with no guarantees that we’ll get our man leaving us looking for alternatives quite late on. He certainly looks a prospect but the more we find out the more it seems to me to be quite a long shot. In fact Copa America doesn’t finish until mid July although I accept Bair is unlikely to be involved at that point.
    This assumes that Bair is the main/only target. It seems quite plausible to me that we could have him as a "later" signing but still be looking at another striker in addition who arrives first.
    Agree although the rumours surrounding Godden hint that he’s very much on our radar but doesn’t fit the big strong beast also being rumoured as Jones preferred option. I doubt we’d sign Godden plus another big Bair type and then also be in for Bair later on. 
  • Options
    Had any Canadians play for us before? Aside side from Liam Millar that is! 
  • Options
    edited May 10
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Smithy said:
    Lot of agent talk around Small, maybe wasn’t happy with what was on the table. 
    If Small is keeping his options open then fair enough. He has that right and why wouldn’t he but if the issue is with our offer to him then it’s unforgivable. Small is the best signing we’ve made along with May and unlike May has the potential to go much higher and have a big sale value. 
    He will still be here next season even if he rejects our offers. How much have we offered? How much does he want? I agree with all your say about potential and resale value but what do we offer? Would say 12k pw be reasonable?
  • Options
    Derby looking to sign Small? Further evidence they want the premium model, not the cheap flashy version they signed from us before 
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Miovski and a Portuguese striker called Duk ran us ragged in preseason for Aberdeen. 

(Duk is 5ft 5 and would fail the height test)
    How tall is he when he stands up straight?
    More importantly what’s his wingspan?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Smithy said:
    Lot of agent talk around Small, maybe wasn’t happy with what was on the table. 
    Andy Scott letting out better players go? Surely not. 
  • Options
    ITTV say it’s Bair.
    Grrrrrrrrrr!
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Who does this Bair play for? 
    Whipsnade Zoo.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    And he's not refusing to play the remaining games so he can join us ?

ARSEHOLE!
  • Options
    edited May 10
    It seems logical to me for Small to wait and see how next season goes. Another like last season with the club going nowhere and he won't want a new contract. It will be easier to sell him a new contract if we are going well and top of the league as the season progresses. Of course, if he impresses, he will have other clubs interested.
  • Options
    The pictures and comments/posts of his other half are inappropriately weird and I hope the mods delete them. @aliwibble
    Anyway, if he joins then good luck to him. I wonder what Championship clubs were looking at him.  Looks like a big lump who started slowly at Motherwell but gives 100% effort, is willing to learn and keen to improve and has done.
    I’d say comments stopped short of distasteful. As to putting up the photos in the first place I’m open to your argument. 

But also genuine (not rhetorical) question… please someone explain how speculating and posting photos on our niche forum could derail the possible transfer? 
    And surely the whole point of an Instagram/Tiktok account, where you put up photos of yourself posing in stylish dresses and swimwear is to attract attention to yourself?

That's how social media influencers work, by attracting attention to get more hits on your site.

This isn't the original poster going  on her family Facebook page and picking out random holiday photos.

I think there's quite a substantial difference between putting stuff online yourself and people then taking those photos and posting them elsewhere for people to be creepy over them. Imagine it from your perspective (and I guess assume you're an attractive mid-20s woman, which you might be!) You post a picture of yourself online on your own page where you look nice. Subsequently that picture finds its way over to a forum for a third division football team where a load of people comment on your appearance all because your boyfriend has been rumoured to be signing for their team. You'd be creeped out. Engagement on the internet is only positive if it's on your terms, I don't think she gets a huge amount of positive cash flow from Charlton Life having a bit of a moment over her and just because you pursue engagement in one way doesn't justify the negative aspects that tend to follow it round. I'm not digging you out at all, I'm just saying that the point of her posting pictures of her public Instagram isn't to have those pictures pop up across other websites like this, that's a negative byproduct. But also I'm a mid-30s man and I don't have Instagram or Tiktok so what do I know?
    Reasonable points, calmly delivered! What’s this forum coming to?
  • Options
    edited May 10
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    And he's not refusing to play the remaining games so he can join us ?

ARSEHOLE!

Looks like a bad case of the shits...rather fitting I would say...🤢🙄
  • Options
    Had any Canadians play for us before? Aside side from Liam Millar that is! 
    Tall left back? blonde hair, played for us around 2002.
    His name escapes me but certain was Canadian.